There's a distinct lack of "I" in the "AI"

(I am patched to 8.0.2)

I'm in the transfer window with Atletico Madrid.

Just won the League and Spanish Cup \o/

Diego Forlan releases a media comment saying he really owes it to himself to look into moving to a bigger club. He has "unh" beside his name.

"Unhappy - Feels he need to leave to further his career"

So, being the very thoughtful manager I am, I transfer list him and set an asking price at a reasonable amount.

A few days later his morale has hit rock bottom.

On his personal screen beside general happiness he has:

"Determined to prove his worth to the team."

Eh? You just told me you wanted to leave! Plonker.

ffs Diego, make up your mind son. :D

Anybody want to shed some light on why he's done this?

He never released another statement about changing his mind and wanting to stay; he just asked for a move and then when I transfer-listed him he was really unhappy that I was going to sell him. :confused:

That does make sense, suppose I should've waited until he specifically asked to be listed.

But, since being removed from the list his morale has returned and he's in top form.

Perhaps it was a good thing.

Absolutely, if he wants to leave enough he'll ask for it. No point in doing anything till he does.

you can usually reply to that saying something like "I understand but i think you can achieve everything you want to by staying at this club, I want this club to match your ambitions" that usually shuts them up for a while.

I'm not sure I had to opportunity to reply to it.

That's got me thinking craigy....

No, I'm sure it was just a comment.

I had a player request a transfer because he wanted to move to a bigger club. I had numerous bids, all well below his asking price. I then told a "local newspaper" that I wanted to improve the club to meet his ambitions. He told me he wanted to stay. I offered him a new contract. I pressed continue. He told me he wanted to leave.

I had a player request a transfer because he wanted to move to a bigger club. I had numerous bids, all well below his asking price. I then told a "local newspaper" that I wanted to improve the club to meet his ambitions. He told me he wanted to stay. I offered him a new contract. I pressed continue. He told me he wanted to leave.

Idiot :D

Though it's funny when they do stuff like this, you have to question what their motives are.

Archived