FM vs RL team loyalty

People telling what teams they play in FM, and what team they support, there are plenty of supporters of the 'big four' that do not play them in FM because of a lack of challenge.

So I was curious, do any of you ever secretly, very secretly, hope your team performs a little worst than they could so that you could bring them back to glory in FM? Any fans of their championship side quietly say to themselves 'well we didn't make it to the top flight but at least I'll have to joy of bringing them up in FM09 again'?

well as a chelsea fan, i certainly would never want us to finish mid table just so i can have the challenge of playing with them on fm, i dont see why anyone would lol. i could understand some people not being too disappointed with staying in championship because not too many clubs would go up and stay up so at least they can build on it. tbh i think it would be strange if someone wanted their club IRL to perform badly just so they can have a challenge on FM that would be worrying lol

People telling what teams they play in FM, and what team they support, there are plenty of supporters of the 'big four' that do not play them in FM because of a lack of challenge.

So I was curious, do any of you ever secretly, very secretly, hope your team performs a little worst than they could so that you could bring them back to glory in FM? Any fans of their championship side quietly say to themselves 'well we didn't make it to the top flight but at least I'll have to joy of bringing them up in FM09 again'?

When it looked as if West Ham were going down instead of the corrupt, cheating Sheffieldites I was quietly relishing the challenge of getting us back to the top league.

When it looked as if West Ham were going down instead of the corrupt, cheating Sheffieldites I was quietly relishing the challenge of getting us back to the top league.

I knew someone would admit to it! Good man!

Well my loyalty is unfulfilled at the moment. I'm a supporter of Sheffield FC, and their one league away from being able to be promoted into the Conference North, so close last season! But this season is looking good at the moment.

But as I live in Australia, I also support Melbourne Victory. But compaired to the rest of the world, their pretty boring to play with, (no promotion, relegation etc, salary cap, 8 team comp etc.) but I have had some good stints with them.

I don't really have a supported club that will be affected by being bad in game. Sheffield aren't coded into the game, so it doesn't matter. & Melbourne Victory finishing last doesn't have any repercussions, except for finishing last.

Well my loyalty is unfulfilled at the moment. I'm a supporter of Sheffield FC, and their one league away from being able to be promoted into the Conference North, so close last season! But this season is looking good at the moment.

But as I live in Australia, I also support Melbourne Victory. But compaired to the rest of the world, their pretty boring to play with, (no promotion, relegation etc, salary cap, 8 team comp etc.) but I have had some good stints with them.

I don't really have a supported club that will be affected by being bad in game. Sheffield aren't coded into the game, so it doesn't matter. & Melbourne Victory finishing last doesn't have any repercussions, except for finishing last.

Sheffied can be promoted after one season, if they're just below the Conference North... or do you mean the league below that?

Victory are my Australian team now. I have an Australian pen pal who supports them :cool:

As a Southampton fan, I'm really looking forward to this years FM as it should be one hell of a challenge keeping them up with just the youth team and a couple of old pro's.

Have to admit though, towards the end of the transfer window I was desperately hoping we wouldn't sell Surman of Llallana, half for real life and half for FM!

I always start unemployed, so it makes no real difference to my FM experience how my club does IRL. I always get annoyed that the job never seems to come up though. Or if it does, it comes up once, when I've been managing for about a season and a half and don't have a hope of getting it.

I'm an Exeter City fan and always start off as them when I buy a new version of the game and try to take them as far as I can.

IRL we won the Conference play off final this year to return us to League Two. I was ecstatic about this, but when looking forward to the new FM09 there is a slight feeling of disappointment that there will be one less promotion for me to achieve.

But tbh it's a small price to pay for the real team being back in the League!

well as a chelsea fan, i certainly would never want us to finish mid table just so i can have the challenge of playing with them on fm, i dont see why anyone would lol. i could understand some people not being too disappointed with staying in championship because not too many clubs would go up and stay up so at least they can build on it. tbh i think it would be strange if someone wanted their club IRL to perform badly just so they can have a challenge on FM that would be worrying lol

If you were a fan of a championship side battling against relegation after being in the play-offs the season before you may reconsider 'building on it'.

When i start away from Rangers, i always keep an eye on them. I watch them, and i live it when i get them in a european competition.

When i have built myself up, and Rangers are down in the dumps, if the time i right i jump in and save them. I always like it when it happens. No secret.

Archived