Never trust the youngsters.....

Ok, so I'm on a run of 31 straight wins in the prem in my first season at Man Utd, previous season they finished 12th. I signed a fair few players in the summer including 6 from my previous team, Fiorentina. All through the season I have blooded the youngsters, mainly in europe to a point where I have 11 players under 21 with at least 5 first team appearances, so after winning the league with 7 games to go, I come up against rock bottom Sheffield Wednesday. so I figure its a good chance to try my young uns for a full game......

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/ACJMY2K/Youngsters.jpg

And so ends my incredible run of straight wins

Ok, so I'm on a run of 31 straight wins in the prem in my first season at Man Utd, previous season they finished 12th. I signed a fair few players in the summer including 6 from my previous team, Fiorentina. All through the season I have blooded the youngsters, mainly in europe to a point where I have 11 players under 21 with at least 5 first team appearances, so after winning the league with 7 games to go, I come up against rock bottom Sheffield Wednesday. so I figure its a good chance to try my young uns for a full game......

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/ACJMY2K/Youngsters.jpg

And so ends my incredible run of straight wins

Ok you won the league but there were still 7 matches to go right?

Well that happens really. It happen to me to, with wining the game 3 matches before it ended. I putted my youngsters (lets say 5 or 6) on the team and i lost the 3 games. This may occur because you already won the league so they don't give a damn if you loose :( that or they are scared, nervous to play.

You've got to remember to adjust your media approach and your team-talk for the youngsters ... they're not going to respond with the kind of determination and professionalism that your first-teamers do. "No pressure" is a key component of the team-talk!

things like that annoy me as its unrealistic. completely unrealistic.

The result? Or the fact that a manager would win the league with 7 games to go, then field a team of youngsters at the top level and expect them to do well. And then make three substitutions when 2-0 down at half-time?

The result? Or the fact that a manager would win the league with 7 games to go, then field a team of youngsters at the top level and expect them to do well. And then make three substitutions when 2-0 down at half-time?

The 3 that I brought on were seasoned first teamers in their mid 20's....

Perhaps it IS your tactics. You've got a tactic works for 11 players, and you can afford to change 2 or 3 of that 11. However, you've changed the entire 11, meaning that the tactic doesn't work any more. Things like the jumping of the strikers, the creativity of the playmaker and the PPMs of the whole team have probably done this.

Archived