Big clubs in decline.

I'm in a career game in 2032/33, and have mainly managed in Spain, although I started my career with Palermo in Italy. As the years have gone by I've started to notice many of the current big clubs are in trouble....

mufchistoryee9.th.jpg

and Manchester United arn't the only superpower to find times hard, check out Serie B this season...

seirebnr4.th.jpg

and like Man Utd, Inter have been here some time...

interhistoryhv4.th.jpg

but surely the best part of this game is the team currently bottom of the Premiership, I mean... Who are they?????

premcu6.th.jpg

Anyone else ever had as strange ups and downs?

By the way, I have never managed in England, Accrington did it all on their own!

I see alot of these threads, but this never happens in my games. Currently I am in about 2019/2020 and every year one of the so called 'big four' has won it.

Admittedly I am playing as Celtic, but I have top 4 english leagues running in full detail.

I'm in a career game in 2032/33, and have mainly managed in Spain, although I started my career with Palermo in Italy. As the years have gone by I've started to notice many of the current big clubs are in trouble....

mufchistoryee9.th.jpg

and Manchester United arn't the only superpower to find times hard, check out Serie B this season...

seirebnr4.th.jpg

and like Man Utd, Inter have been here some time...

interhistoryhv4.th.jpg

but surely the best part of this game is the team currently bottom of the Premiership, I mean... Who are they?????

premcu6.th.jpg

Anyone else ever had as strange ups and downs?

By the way, I have never managed in England, Accrington did it all on their own!

May I just make the point that things do change in football, I mean who would have seen League One Leeds a couple of seasons back, or Bristol battling for promotion... The Premiership is currently littered with these "small teams", I mean Pompey, Wigan, Stoke, Hull, West Brom??? These are the small teams! I really can't see a problem with any of the teams that really pop up because there is really no reason why it shouldn't happen. What the hell were Soton doing in a relegation battle last season? Why are Wigan still in the Premiership?

Seen Man U and Chelsea go down a coupla divisions several times, seems FM follows the old adage of the bigger they are, the harder they fall, lots of smallt clubs come up and then go down again lol

That's football though, the structure of the leagues is such that these kind of things can and do happen, team's fortunes go up and down all the time too, IRL 20 years from now, do you really expect the big 4 to still be those same 4 teams? Highly improbable

Archived