Things to do with Wage Money

That seems like a useless feature right now, but lets see if we can come up with some ideas for which money can be used, without making it FIFA Manager like.

Ive heard a few people mentioning a chairman mode, so maybe you can spend that money on buying or building a club? Any other ideas?

its not useless at all, its linked to your job security. ie.. the higher wage youre on, coupled with length of contract, makes it less likely youll get the sack. chairman mode = crap. at the end of the day, its a MANAGER game, about managing teams, not goin out and spending your own money...

Why not just leave it as it is?

I don't see the obbsession that people have with being able to spend our wages. Its a football manager game. Football managers don't spend their wages being a manager, they spend it on their private life - which FM doesn't simulate and never will.

Maybe FM09 could have a direct link to the players bank account and what you earns you keeps, this link would also come into affect when managers received fines so you'd have to be carefull!!

Didn't the early CM have a betting function, which you could get in trouble over if found out?? That was cool and a funny little sideline, bring that back in. Might of been premier manager? not sure

There's only two reasons a manager's salary should ever come into the game, and both are already implemented.

1) Job security. The higher the wage and longer the contract, the harder it is for the club to sack you.

2) Bargaining. If you take a lower wage you're more likely to get that training expansion you're after.

Never really like the Chairman idea, but now that you mention it with the idea of buying a club I could see this scenario: You get to be 80 years old and decide to retire. Once out of the game with that manager, as a manager, you can have him buy a club and be chairman. I suppose he could 'hire' another manager you create, which would give the game some extreme longevity for those very few who play 30+ year careers. Sort of a reward at the end of the rainbow. But for all that 98% of players never play that long, so why bother?

As mentioned above it should be left as it is, however one mod should be (again as mentioned above) that manager fines are taken from the personel wealth as opposed to club funds as I'd imagine this is how it is in real life?

We could then have an addtion to the records thread, to see who can get there managers wage most into the red :D

I think it should be compulsory for managers to buy a house to live in, thus FM will have to accurately simulate the housing market. Also furniture, cars and other accessories would need to be bought and I feel it is totally unrealistic that our managers don't have to do a weekly shop at the supermarket and eat food every day which we should have to buy in great detail for every single meal...:rolleyes:

I think it should be compulsory for managers to buy a house to live in, thus FM will have to accurately simulate the housing market. Also furniture, cars and other accessories would need to be bought and I feel it is totally unrealistic that our managers don't have to do a weekly shop at the supermarket and eat food every day which we should have to buy in great detail for every single meal...:rolleyes:

What about the credit crunch?;)

I think a very limited chairman feature would be decent.

It would allow you to appoint yourself as manager and then manage without board interference. That way you actually get some benefit from career earnings without introducing any silly features or a full-blown chairman simulation.

It would also provide a sort of unsackable mode that some people seem to want.

It should also be tied in with Tesco and every so often we should get clubcard vouchers to help us save a little. The feature should also take into account the things we purchase e.g. a bottle of wine a day and I should become an "Alcoholic Talented Manager".

Archived