Idea for future FM - Manager job shortlist

On FM08 it is so easy to miss out on a job because you didn't check the job screen every day.

Much needed in the the game is the ability to list the jobs you would really like in the future so that the game can alert you to any instability at these clubs and so that you are immediately informed when one of the positions becomes available.

Your potential / ideal job list can be as big as you want - you will get alerted for every club you put on the list.

This would be great for when you are unemployed with an option saying 'only bring me back from holiday if there is a job available from my ideal jobs list'.

Any thoughts?

C.

You can already change a shortcut to show you available jobs on your homepage. If you forget to check the jobs screen regularly then you can just add this shortcut to your homepage.

No quite the same though is it?

I mean, you could put all of your favourite clubs on an 'ideal jobs' shortlist.

For instance, I might have the following list:

St. Albans City

Hitchin Town

Luton Town

Liverpool

Arsenal

England

Italy

etc. etc.

Just an example list but I would be interested in managing these clubs in game.

For instance, every time the England job or the St Albans City job becomes available, or is insecure, it will be made explicit by the game stopping and telling me the details. Therefore I would never miss out on my favourite job.

Also, when I start a new game, I like to start off unemployed. To be honest, sad as this sounds, I like to wait until the St Albans City job becomes available. So I could holiday, set St Albans City on my 'ideal job' list, and then wait to be alerted and brought back from holiday.

It is a particularly useful idea in this sense because waiting for the ideal job when unemployed can become irritating, especially when you've made it as a big manager and you're waiting for the right challenge to come along. Would be excellent if the game could just refer to your list of ideal clubs.

In fact, this could work in conjunction with a favourite clubs and disliked clubs setting really. A lot of people are asking to be able to select more than one favourite club and I think it would be good to be able to select disliked clubs too. I guess the game could use this to alert you to your ideal job. Another way of looking at it.

I still think a separate list of ideal jobs would be better. You don't always want to manage the clubs that you support.

C.

This would be a really good idea especially for people who have an idea of where they would like to go next in their careers. And then maybe you could have filters that tell you if for example teams that are considered rich clubs by the game have vacancies or stuff like that.

You can already change a shortcut to show you available jobs on your homepage. If you forget to check the jobs screen regularly then you can just add this shortcut to your homepage.

The job screen takes too much time to load. If we do that the game will slow down.

Sounds like a great idea to me, i'm always missing out on the decent jobs because i don't check back often enough. Might be an idea to have different ways of setting up the criteria as well. For instance you could have a list of teams like the OP said e.g. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and AC Milan but it might be time saving if you could also say all EPL teams or all international jobs. Just a thought.

Sounds like a great idea to me, i'm always missing out on the decent jobs because i don't check back often enough. Might be an idea to have different ways of setting up the criteria as well. For instance you could have a list of teams like the OP said e.g. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and AC Milan but it might be time saving if you could also say all EPL teams or all international jobs. Just a thought.

Yes, that's not a bad idea.

You might have a filter saying 'all top flight clubs in european competition' or 'International teams ranked in the top 50', for instance.

C.

I like this idea, too. I'm particularly thinking that it might be cool to have it be modifiable as you go, and bring "major team news" items into your Inbox for those teams. Not, say, every single transfer or six-day injury, but blockbuster transfers in or out, major injuries to key players, promotion, relegation, tournament finals, etc ... as well as job openings.

That shifts it a little bit to "teams I'm sort of following", so for example in "Blade" I might have wound up "following" York City even after leaving Bootham Crescent - it would have been really neat to keep getting news updates about my former club!

yeah it would be a nice idea to have in, gives you chance to keep a track of your favourite clubs, even if you're not managing them, or of clubs you've left on your career path...

This is a great idea and something I'd love to see implemented in the game.

I've missed out on jobs before due to not seeing them on the jobs page (even though I have the available jobs section on my homepage). It would also be good to get more news items on your favoured clubs.

As mentioned already, the ability to change/add favourite clubs in game would be nice as when managing a club I'm not familiar with 'pre-game' I often develop an afinity with them and it would be good to follow their progress after I've moved on.

• 5 months later...

How do you add the jobs list to your home screen? I after 4 years at my club, getting them promoted twice, I feel its time for me to move on, and start earning some real dollar.

How do you add the jobs list to your home screen? I after 4 years at my club, getting them promoted twice, I feel its time for me to move on, and start earning some real dollar.

Use one of the dropdown menus to replace a section that is currently on it and choose availabe jobs.

Aye i am for this as i do enjoy my career games, ive recently left rostock but would one day like to go back there, so to have them on a shortlist of ideal jobs would be great.

Hope SI can impliment this..

Actually I have an amendment to this.

Why not having an interview if one starts unemployed? Like the press conference it could contain questions like, "Now that you gotten into Managment, what would be a club you're looking for"?

The answer could then something like, "An ambitious lower league club". "A big name club" (then give some names if possible) or "Anything will do really".

It might actually be easier for SI to implement this because of the already excisting press conferences. I mean, interviews with starting managers to find out where their ambitious lie are not uncommon.

Archived