Nice to find a feature you did not know existed.

I have finally been offered an international job after 10 seasons in the game and 5 seasons as manager of the worlds best team, Aston Villa (I mean worlds best team in the game now, not in real life where they are kind of ok).

So as the newly appointed manager of Mexico, the other choice was Russia I was wondering how i would work out who I could include in my squad. I had to face the fact that I know nothing about either country (If only England would stop turning me down every time they have a vacancy, I wonder if it is because my manager is German?)

So how pleased was I when my assistant manager notified me of:

Assistantadvice.png

No idea how long this feature has been in place, but it is a very good touch.

Yeah it's a nice touch as it lets you scout players you have never ever heard of but look pretty good.

My nickname is Andy H (I know several Andys so we all have to be called by our surname initial. So your posts always confuse the hell out of me when i see them on the forum). But enough about my lack of brain power.

I like the wording on the message "run the rule over some of the players", sounds much better than checking them out.

I was manager of Mexico from about 2011-2019 and I didn't use this feature once. Watching players before I sign them / call them up is not something I really do. Some people might find it useful though.

This is a really pointless feature, is anyone actually going to waste time and watch the match? SI should focus on actually improving international management instead of adding pointless features to it. It can be a great part of the game but SI really need to improve it because right now it is really basic but still enjoyable.

I get the update every week, can get rather annoying to try and watch 8 matches in a week that you have no control over, but it is by far the best way to look at the players.

Only thing I wish is that you could highlight the players you are interested in, I often find my self forgetting who I cam e to watch and have to click through half the team to find the player who is Mexican.

Does anyone know if it is only players that you put in your national pool that you get to watch?

While I was initially impressed with this idea, and quite pleased when I saw my name in the commentary as a feature it hasn't much worked out for me.

There isn't any apparent in-game effect, e.g., on the player's expectations, international morale, performance in the match noted, in the press, or feedback in the National Reports section. I'd like to see it expanded on a bit so that I feel like there's a real benefit (or impact, anyways) for the time invested beyond simply watching the player.

It does have one thing I liked - your assistant won't suggest matches on dates that you have a club match scheduled. Something about being in two places at the same time!

One other idea I might tag to it: it might be worth tagging the players you're observing in the match engine (you know how you can mouse-click on one, and his name stays visible? I'm thinking like that, but for each of the players you're watching.)

Yep. If they aren't in your pool then your assistant will assume you're not interested in them.

Your assistan won't recomend them, but if you want to go to another game, just find it on a schedule somehwhere and click in the Vs. between the to team and it should change to attend. Not sure if you meant your assistant wouldn't tell you or not, if you already knew, sorry, but this was mor for the other guy who was asking.

i think it does need some serious work. i tend to watch at least 2 matches a month, but in 1 month both games i went to, the player i went to see didn't play at all!! in the first he was on the bench (even though he was their number 1 CB!) and in the second he just wasn't in the 18 at all.

that was a waste of 10 minutes, and then i got a message stating that i was at the game but no one knew why!

Archived