Building a new stadium, please help!!

Hi guys, I'm FC Halifax and about to be promoted to the premier league but with my stadium only having 6000 or so seats, I wont be able to generate the revenue to pay players wages. Has anyone ever been in my position and had to build a new stadium? If so, how much cash did you need? How did you go about the process?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

I remember being Torquay United on FM10 & FM11 and I got them to the Premiership. I ended up playing a season or two in the Premiership and the non-seated section of the stadium wasnt allowed to be used so I only had 300-500 or so fans attending each home match. It was a pain in the arse, but after a couple of season of survival when we had received the prize money we were able to build a 15,000 seater stadium at the cost of around £10m.

I have took Newport to premier league and after maximum expansion they are building me a new one which will be finished by the end of my third season in the premiership. Don't really think finances matter a whole lot as they have taken a 32m loan out which I have to payback. I have a decent amount of money in the bank and keep wages very low but they still got a loan out anyways. Hope that helps

I'm pretty sure the game only build a new staidum every 25 years (someone will be able to confirm that), what season are you now?

It is around every 20, and Im not sure if that is the case when you have an older stadium. If you have just had a new stadium built then I am sure you have to wait 20 years for another one.

I am in season 15/16 and since i wrote the initial post on here the option to build a new stadium has became available. Do you reckon I should wait til im in the premier before asking so that they build a bigger stadium or ask them now whilst still in the championship? Will where I am in the league matter to how large the new stadium would be?

Cheers.

I was in a somewhat similar position, my club built a 13k seater stadium after I finished my first season im championship. By the time i was promoted to premier league two years later, the stadium size was already too small. And now I would have to wait almost twenty years for a new stadium :(

The twenty seasons rule have to go!

Ok thanks guys! I'm gonna wait until i have been in the premier a year and hopefully avoid relegation and then ask them. I have since asked for a new stadium just to see how big it will be (then re-loaded so the request hadnt been done. They were gonna build a 16k stadium.) and will compare that to the size when I ask next year in the premier.

Hi guys, the board went ahead and said they were building a new stadium as soon as the championship season finished from where i gained auto promotion and its still going to be just over 16k so Bobbins you were probs right to ask right away. Hopefully it will be expandable by a good few thousand for when im in europe haha!

I was in a somewhat similar position, my club built a 13k seater stadium after I finished my first season im championship. By the time i was promoted to premier league two years later, the stadium size was already too small. And now I would have to wait almost twenty years for a new stadium :(

The twenty seasons rule have to go!

How many clubs in football have built more then 1 stadium in a 20 year period? I would imagine not many, if any at all to be honest, specially as it's a very costly and long process.

Seems pretty realistic to me, the capacity could be increased through expansion of the current stadium, no?

How many clubs in football have built more then 1 stadium in a 20 year period? I would imagine not many, if any at all to be honest, specially as it's a very costly and long process.

Seems pretty realistic to me, the capacity could be increased through expansion of the current stadium, no?

That's because in real life it is not possible to make the kind of progress that you can on FM.

You could argue that the problem is the fact that we can shoot up through the leagues taking a tiny club to the top of the World, but if we can do that then it only seems fair that we can build new stadia to match our success.

That's because in real life it is not possible to make the kind of progress that you can on FM.

You could argue that the problem is the fact that we can shoot up through the leagues taking a tiny club to the top of the World, but if we can do that then it only seems fair that we can build new stadia to match our success.

I can go with that. But at the same time, I still think it's silly that people expect a new stadium to be built a few years after the last one, even if they have a big increase in reputation / success etc.

It's frustrating sure, but if club has already taken out one massive loan for a new stadium for example, I highly doubt they'd want to take another big one out for a 2nd new stadium in a small period of time, as that can lead to some serious financial issues.

I'm more surprised the smaller stadiums can't get expanded to say 20-25k, that would seem to be a thing that could sort of bridge the gap somewhat before you are in a position for a new stadium again.

Yes, the biggest problem is the expansion limit. If you take a club from the bottom quickly to the top and get a new stadium built early on, it will become almost completely useless in a few years time, leaving you stuck for 20 years until you can build a new one.

Interesting thoughts. I've brought FC Halifax up the leagues to the Premiership with successive promotions and I think the fact the board are building a 16k stadium for a top flight club is a bit silly. Now I will have to wait 20 years to build a 'large' stadium more suited to the large crowds I will be pulling in.

Another thing, on the facilities page, it says 'due to move into the 16332 seater stadium on 25.06.18' but on the board request page with the completion timelines it says 'completion 11.05.19'. Do any of you guys know why this is and which one to take as true?

Also, any ideas on what the potential size of the stadium will be when fully expanded?

Cheers.

I got fleetwood up to the prem and the stadium is one of my major problems. Took over when they were in the Blue Square with something like 2500 capacity. I then got them upgraded to a capacity of 12500 when I got into the prem. So after continued success, they decided to upgrade by 20000 seats, but the council blocked it :( Now they are planning to build a new stadium but nothing has came of it yet. Have to wait another 4/5 seasons for it to build. I got to champs league semis in a 12500 seater stadium. Lol.

i got fc united to the prem with a 6 or 8k stadium finally after a year staying up they built me a 18k fc united stadium and it was expanded to 30k within 5 seasons of success! was a struggle at first losing money through high wages and low income!

Archived