Quality players left to rot in the reserves

I've noticed in my game that a lot of players who in real life are key players for their clubs or have been big signing in my game have just been left to rot in the reserves.

I'm currently in 2015/16 and Ashley Young's career has been destroyed at Man Utd, playing 6 games in total for the club, and spending one season on loan at Fulham.

Daniel Sturridge has been in the same situation at Chelsea.

And just look at Liverpool's reserve squad!

lpoolreserves.jpg

Glen Johnson, Andy Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, £12.75m signing Cisse and club legend Steven Gerrard!

So any similar situations in your games? What are the best players you have seen who have had their careers ruined by being left in the reserves?

There is a real problem with AI squadbuilding. It's haphazard and they tend to make transfers for the sake of it. I realise that some clubs do like to wheel-deal, but the problem is the way that, when AI clubs decide to take the scattergun approach to squadbuilding, the don't move players on. They just leave them to rot in the reserves.

There are 5 players there who ae 30+ so Im not really suprised to be honest. Plus, Liverpool usually try and flog Carroll pretty quickly under AI management.

Seen Valencia, Evra and De Gea rot in the reserves for United and Essien for Chelsea. All match fit and no injuries :/

In my Rangers save I have let Steve Davis, Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty rot due to poor performances and unacceptable outbursts during team meetings

Totally agree, in my games Ashley Young always wastes away at Utd and gets released on a free transfer. As does Walcott at Arsenal, David Silva at Man City, Aaron Lennon at Spurs, Sturridge and Meireles at Chelsea, Carrol at Liverpool, I could go on and what frustrates me most of all is that it's the same players every single save I do, there's never any variety?!

Totally agree, in my games Ashley Young always wastes away at Utd and gets released on a free transfer. As does Walcott at Arsenal, David Silva at Man City, Aaron Lennon at Spurs, Sturridge and Meireles at Chelsea, Carrol at Liverpool, I could go on and what frustrates me most of all is that it's the same players every single save I do, there's never any variety?!

Funny, in my game Walcott, Silva and Lennon are all key players for their clubs.

At the top level players' salary demands make them difficult to offload. This happens IRL too, just not to the extent that it does in FM. It has been an issue for awhile and does need addressing.

My problem is that, as QPR, improving every season and now pushing the top 4, and with enough money to match their current wages, these players are still not interested in signing for me. Not all of them, maybe half.

cristian erikson was ruined at man city on my save. i was trying to sign him for ages and he ended up there.

what conserns me more are top clubs releasing top players so easily

my blackpool squad in 2015/16 has

danny welbeck

antonio valencia

ji sung park

darren gibson

raheem stirling

ryan babel

frank lampard

micheal carrick

all of which were either frees or dirt cheap.

leicster city have got

alex smithies and danial sturridge on frees and were automatically mid table

got oxlade chamberlain and erikson complaining about lack of first team oppertunities.

needless to say, i bought valencia for 2.8 million right away where he promptly scored and assisted welbeck in the community shield against man utd

Your exemples are not that shocking:

danny welbeck (ok it depends on his ability in the game but since he's -9, he could be at the lower end of the spectrum)

antonio valencia (surprising alright since he is very reliable if not exceptional, but how old is he in 2015-2016?)

ji sung park (getting on)

darren gibson (seriously...)

raheem stirling (not sure about him he seems to be very hit and miss)

ryan babel (rubbish)

frank lampard (old and whines a lot)

micheal carrick (getting on as well)

In the other examples, Silva is very surprising since a lot of clubs IRL would go for him if he was left to rot in the reserves.

Your exemples are not that shocking:

danny welbeck (ok it depends on his ability in the game but since he's -9, he could be at the lower end of the spectrum)

antonio valencia (surprising alright since he is very reliable if not exceptional, but how old is he in 2015-2016?)

ji sung park (getting on)

darren gibson (seriously...)

raheem stirling (not sure about him he seems to be very hit and miss)

ryan babel (rubbish)

frank lampard (old and whines a lot)

micheal carrick (getting on as well)

In the other examples, Silva is very surprising since a lot of clubs IRL would go for him if he was left to rot in the reserves.

Lampard? Whinging? Really :eek:.

In 4 years time Welbeck may or may not be a top player, right now he is still very raw, but getting good service so we dont really know if he is a top player yet, Valencia fair enough, but again he is a great team player, but you can get much better right wingers quite easily. Ji Sung has never been and never will be rated good enough for United in FM because of the way it all works. Gibson has never been good enough for anyone really. Stirling in my game has become a Liverpool legend playing more than 300 league games, he has a random PA so it depends what he gets when you load the game. Babel has always been a waste of space. Lampard by that time will be 37, enough said. Carrick again is imo an underratted player in FM, but always will be.

Silva is the only one i would have an issue with.

i really hope they gonna do SOMETHING about this in the patch, in smallers countrys like Poland this turns out to be a real big problem after 20++ years, because only 2-3 clubs have the youth facilities to generate somewhat decent players and they all rot in the reservers and the country runs really short on good players to buy, and as it is now they dont even want to talk to smaller clubs for some reason if you approach them

really annoying problem

i'll go get one now, hopfully he hasn't declained since i bought him

here is tony v

99B4846B7A80D62EC88EFE4F13D2A58FD54A2B1B

5F1D34C03234EC7FF394D85F179E763D0F6F7B8E

as for liverpool

they got steve mclaren as manager :D

and carroll is going on a free

henderson is unhappy

adam agger aquilani downing enrique kuyt and rodreguez are all in the reserves

Lampard was quality at 37-38 in my save too. He stayed at Chelsea til the end of his career though, he could have played another season also.

D.Silva gets thrown into the reserves easily though, he was loaned out to Inter where he played 8 games (no injuries) returned and spent 2 years in the reserves before being released.

why do liverpool have simon mignolet in reserves?

david silva is in citys first team on mine but not played much mostly subs

and why do they have szczesny as thier #2 keeper O.o

zabaleta and onuha in thier reserves

arsenal

van persie in thier reserves as is chamberlain, frimpong and bendtner

jose managing chelsea who are only in europa league

most of thier team is gone though

chelsea do have labyad unregistered, he has been around the reserves in man utd and europe and also skirtel

Archived