What do you do when you have 2 quality Goalkeepers

I'm currently United and heading towards the end of my seconds season after making a new save, I have De Gea as my number one choice... but i wish he would learn English as he still hasn't yet not even Basic.. but it seems to be okay the way last and this season has went.

Anyways no doubt he is going to become a great keeper but i was looking for other keepers and suddenly agents started offering me them left right and center but none interested me... in he first January transfer window i inquired about Marc-André ter Stegen and i thought i would get told hes not for sale but they told me i could have him for £12.5million, 15% profit from next sale and a friendly match. I obviously said no and continued with Lindegaard as my second choice. I hardly played Lindegaard at all only in cup matches against weaker opposition... anyways i got into my second season and Lindegaard was growing frustrated with the lack of game time so i decided he could go on loan to Molde and stay there untl their end of season which is December... i suddenly got a message from an agent saying his client who happened to be Marc-André ter Stegen could be available for a fee of around £3.8million. so i went right ahead and offered that and they asked for £4.3million.. i had already scouted him and knew he was a keeper with potential and i now have him on board... ive played him in the FA Cup and a couple of league games as no one would take him on loan ..and Mike Phelan has messaged me saying hes impressed and believes hes ready for a run in the team but i know at the moment De Gea is just that bit better.

What would you do with 2 decent keepers in order to raise their stats and keep them happy?

Always found it difficult to keep two senior keepers happy as I hate the idea of rotating them. I generally have my best youth prospect as a back up keeper. This is possible as my first choice keepers are rarely injured for long periods and never seem to pick up suspensions through red or accumulated yellow cards. I've played a lot of seasons over various saves and I can only remember being caught out once. As Man Utd you should have at least a couple of 1 or 2 star CA keepers and, for me at least, that is enough.

I've currently got Cech and Courtois at Chelsea; Courtois is a top keeper now, and started to complain about first team opportunities. I usually have Cech play my League games, and Courtois play European games and sit back up. Then, like last season, I'd play a 3rd choice in the League Cup or even F.A Cup. For example, last year Delac played in my F.A Cup run; but this season I'll let my younger keeper that I've just promoted from the U18's play in the domestic cups.

I rotate them based on form. For every clean sheet, one gets to play the next game. If he let in a goal, he'll sit on the bench the next game.

I used to do that until I thought some goals weren't the keeper's fault, thus giving opportunities for the other keeper who didn't had any shots on the goal next matches allowing him to keep his spot

I used to do that until I thought some goals weren't the keeper's fault, thus giving opportunities for the other keeper who didn't had any shots on the goal next matches allowing him to keep his spot

If he doesn't have any shot on goal, it means he did a good job of communicating with his defense. The best goalkeeper isn't one that blocks a lot of shots; he's the one that doesn't let anyone shoot at his goal.

I have Pepe Reina & Rene Adler at Liverpool. I play Reina in most league games & big Champions League games. Adler plays in both domestic cups, home bankers in the league (about 6 in all), and easier champions league games. By the end of january both are happy, Reina has played 23 & Adler has played 14.

First I kick myself for having signed two quality keepers while one was more than enough... ;)

Then I just rotate them for a while and try to evaluate them. Eventually the one who impressed me the least will get offered on loan or sold.

Currently doing that in my Rosenborg save with Renan and Asenjo... I was happy enough with the Brazilian, but when Asenjo showed up on the free transfer list I just couldn't resist

first off you probably only need 1 world class keeper because in the match engine it is extremely rare for a keeper to get sent off. In the Premier league in 5 season in a row not 1 goalkeeper got sent off in the whole league. Its also a lot less likely for a keeper to get injured in game, the only time would be in training. Therefore you probably dont need 2.

I have a similar problem, my keeper from last season wanted way too much of a raise for his new contract so I let him go on a free. Had a couple of youg ones that got some potential and decided to give those a go. In January I however felt it necessary to get a more experienced keeper in and picked up a 5 star rated 26 yo for free. Aroun the same time I get offered another young keeper with bags of potential according to my scouts what I didn't really notice at that point was that he was already 4 star rated for my team so now I have 2 keepers that look more than good enough to play. Now I rotate them every 2-3 games because I really don't want to lose any of them.

Archived