I hope AVB rents...

He's taken Chelsea as low as 11th twice in my first season, they're currently 4th after 26 games - but between the 8th & 14th games of the season they didn't sit higher than 6th. Think I've seen a press item to say his job was on the line once too. Plenty of time for him to be given the boot yet though!

avb.png

A sucessful few years for AVB - not!

Not promotions, no cup wins, just 83 wins from 260 games, a win % of 31%.

Chelsea - finished 6th, LC 3rd round loss at home to Rochdale, FAC 5th round defeat to Burnley, Champions Lge final defeat to Sevilla.

Cagliari - finished 15th, Cup 1st round defeat to Lazio, sacked same day.

Sunderland - finished 12th and 14th in Prem, FAC 4th round defeat to Shrewsbury, FAC 5th round defeat to Leicester, LC 2nd round defeat to Notts Co

Fulham - finished 15th in Prem, LC 3rd round defeat to Chelsea, FAC 5th round defeat to Liverpool

Aston Villa - LC 3rd defeat to Watford, just one win in 10 league games before the sack.

Hercules - 14th and 18th in La Liga, sacked just two months before relegation. Spanish cup 5th round defeat to Ath Madrid, 4th round defeat to Xerez

Reading - Won just 2 of 10 with Reading so far, p45 in the post i would expect...

Is a shame cause I really think he is a good coach in real life, he just underestimated how useless the chelsea team had become.

Yeah, he's one of the best young coaches there is, but that Chelsea job has been a poisoned chalice for years now. I'm not sure why anyone would want it until the current crop of 'veteran' players, and probably Abramovich too, have moved on. Hope he moves on to better things.

Yeah, he's one of the best young coaches there is, but that Chelsea job has been a poisoned chalice for years now. I'm not sure why anyone would want it until the current crop of 'veteran' players, and probably Abramovich too, have moved on. Hope he moves on to better things.

Well it's not just Chelsea, his playing style doesn't fit the English league I'd say. (And not into the Italian either) On my save he got sacked by Chelsea, went to Lazio were he did horrible (came in January, finished 17th in the end) got hired by ManUtd, sacked quite fast, went to Espanyol where he did a decent job finishing 7th and 6th before being sacked, rather harshly in my opinion, after losing 2-0 to Valencia while being 11th in La Liga and 2nd in their EL group. Will keep an eye on where he goes next.

Archived