How many players on your books ?

Just had to share this; on having to scroll down what seemed like yonks in my reserve team, I started counting how many players are actually on my books and discovered that thanks to my wheeling and dealing, I have 73 players in my first 11 / reserves/youth team and another 42 out on loan ! I know its stupid but how else did do I make money as Notts Co in the Premier League, and besides, those African players are so much cheaper than the Europeans / S Americans. Anyone else have anything like this no. on their books ? (PS - still playing FM11 and have won Premiership 5 times in a row and Champions League twice)

I've got 61 across all age groups at the moment, plus five kids who've agreed terms and will sign for us from other clubs in the future. That's in a league with registration required for the senior team, which has led to me being much more conservative than usual with senior-level signings. If that weren't the case, I'd probably have another 5-10 players straight off the bat.

Just had to share this; on having to scroll down what seemed like yonks in my reserve team, I started counting how many players are actually on my books and discovered that thanks to my wheeling and dealing, I have 73 players in my first 11 / reserves/youth team and another 42 out on loan ! I know its stupid but how else did do I make money as Notts Co in the Premier League, and besides, those African players are so much cheaper than the Europeans / S Americans. Anyone else have anything like this no. on their books ? (PS - still playing FM11 and have won Premiership 5 times in a row and Champions League twice)
:D:D:D How do you keep everyone happy?

I have around 23 first-teamers (in reality, it's about 19, since 4 of them are duds), and around 25 youngsters. I play in Italy, so I don't have a reserve league, but I have around 15 players on loan/co-owned but not playing for me. Then there's 3 players who are old and never get games any more.

I'm going to be moving on around 6 old players and probably around half my loanees this season in a big clear-out. A couple of returning loanees will be in my first-team. 3-4 of my youngsters will be ready for loans next season, and around 3-4 will be released. Then I'll sign a few youngsters and start the cycle again.

I don't know how many I have. But I noticed I had something like 4 players in u18 and only about 2 in reserves.

So I set about signing a LOAD of 16/17 year olds to populate the u18s and reserves. Hoping at least 2 or 3 will make it big time.

:D:D:D How do you keep everyone happy?

I have around 23 first-teamers (in reality, it's about 19, since 4 of them are duds), and around 25 youngsters. I play in Italy, so I don't have a reserve league, but I have around 15 players on loan/co-owned but not playing for me. Then there's 3 players who are old and never get games any more.

I'm going to be moving on around 6 old players and probably around half my loanees this season in a big clear-out. A couple of returning loanees will be in my first-team. 3-4 of my youngsters will be ready for loans next season, and around 3-4 will be released. Then I'll sign a few youngsters and start the cycle again.

Thats pretty much exactly what I do, keeps everyone happy and have plenty of cover/potential all through the team :)

2 good DL, and 1 backup.

2 good DR, and 1 backup.

3 good DC, and 2 backups.

2 good MR, and 1 backup

3 good MC, and 1 backup

2 good ML, and 1 backup

2 good AMC, and 1 backup

3 good ST, and 2 backup

Think that's 29 in the first team (all of the backups are 17-20)

Then counting my reserves - I have let them slide but building them up.

Last count I have 35 players on my roster.

I actually got the "Shrewd" achievement for "control of the wages" :)

Hah, sounds like I am not the only one who likes having bloated squads ! It is a bit of a juggle keeping everyone happy, isn't it - I find that the oldies who get a game every 1-2 months seems adequate. Maybe it helps that I don't have any 'Key Players' - somehow everyone is content with being a 'First Team'-er. Wonder if any manager would be allowed this in real life, having 100+ players on the books - probably Fergie would be the only one who would be allowed something as insane as this. Thing is though, in the game I make $30-50 mil euro a year from player sales, so its actually a legitimate 'business'. The funniest thing of all is that when I check my board happiness, I still get the 'concerned that your financial prudence might prevent the club from achieving its aims' message. Oh righto chaps, should I sign more players then ...... ? :)

I try to keep similar numbers throughout the seasons, the only variation being if i'm in Eurpean competition. The maximum numbers i'll have are-

22 first teamers (2 per position)

14 reserve players (I look to loan out about 6-8 at any one time)

18 youth teamers

Every year on receiving my youth candidates i'll look at my squads and decide on promotions at the end of season and see what youth candidates i'll take by what spaces i'll have. Once a senior player becomes of no use to the first team i'll look to move them on and replace with younger blood.

Archived