Introducing my idiot goalkeeper !

This is still broken. That is not a red card offence.

Hmm, I dont know. The red team striker was through, and if the GK had let go of the ball like he was supposed to when he was outside the area the striker would have had an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

I agree that handling the ball outside the area is an offence punishable by a yellow card in a normal circumstance, but here it denies the red striker the goal scoring opportunity. So yes, it is a red card...

Agreed. But he should have dropped it when he came out of his area. By not dropping it and circumventing the laws, he has denied an obvious goal scoring opp..

No, he didn't deny anything. The striker was a over ten metres away from the ball and never looked to catch the ball first. This is not a goal scoring opportunity.

Im not convinced. If you pause the video at 0:16 - the exact moment the GK handles outside the area. There the GK should have dropped the ball. The striker is right next to it and could have picked it up. He is closer than the nearest defender and certainly isnt 10 metres away. Because the GK doesnt drop it like he was supposed to, the striker is denied the chance to collect the ball...

**this is light hearted, I'm not a law Nazi or anything.**

Happened to me 2 times, both times red card following (once on 12.0 and once on 12.1). It is sort of annoying and should be fixed. However, it does happen very very rarely so not so major for me, if it happens in 5th min, I can always restart, if it happens in 80th min - I am probably winning anyway with my great team so who cares ;)

It used to be very common before, now we see occasional rubbishness but it's far better than before...there will always be bugs like that, if they haven't fixed it by now(when was 2D first introduced 03,04?), they won't fix it ever...so moaning won't do much.

This is one way (if not the only way) a goalkeeper can get sent off in a game since they don't comit enough fouls or bring players down in the box - certainly not enough. I played 34 seasons on FM11 and can't recall seeing my keeper or an opposing keeper get sent off! In FM12 SI increased GK momentum so now you see them sometimes slide out of the box and comit handball offences. The problem is if you remove GK momentum, like in FM11, you'll never see a GK get red carded, which isn't realistic either. What is needed is for SI to introduce incidents where GK's comit a variety of fouls IN the box and get carded for those (like often happens IRL) instead of the handball outside the box thing all the time... the majority of which should be yellows, not reds, in anycase.

Archived