Can you delete steam after the games been activated?

Can you delete steam after the games been activated? As its slowing my computer down on startup everything loads up then wait another 2-3mins for the stupid steam log-in to load up. So if i deleted it after activation will the game still run? or is it only playable through steam?

Nothing in your post gives us any clue how to help you out.

What's slow? The match engine? The news items? Processing between games? Processing games in the background?

What are your system specs? Have you updated your graphics drivers? Or other drivers?

Help us help you

Nothing in your post gives us any clue how to help you out.

What's slow? The match engine? The news items? Processing between games? Processing games in the background?

What are your system specs? Have you updated your graphics drivers? Or other drivers?

Help us help you

Slow switching between players on their information, slow loading Steam (though it always has been from day 1 of Steam), slow loading through to the game settings (I feel welcomed, stop telling me!), slow to get to matches and stalling through to the match tactics etc, slow going through to new information rather than the info on the screen. Slow to save but quick to exit and quit.

It feels like I am in season 12 not 1; in general.

Just slow, jerks occasionally when watching a game but only at the start of halves.

8800GT, 4gb DDR ram, 2.7ghz dualcore, high end but older motherboard; HDD space a plenty and recently cleaned pc (because I know I will play FM all day and night) PC is in excellent condition driver wise, running windows 7 (built this system myself)

Checking steam resource use in a second...just waiting for it to load.....taking absolutely no resources so happy days on that front but the question is, again;

Will the full game be quicker? Seems a lot of money to spend on something that requires a PC upgrade.

Alternatively can I get a refund on a Steam game if I buy and it doesn't play to my satisfaction?

• Administrators

The fact it's running slow seems odd considering your specs. Are you running any custom graphics or anything like that? May be worth verifying your steam cache as described here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277955-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7155650&viewfull=1#post7155650

Something weird about FM loading is that if you alt-tab out of the game loading screen credits and licenses and alt-tab back in, the game takes a lot longer to load than if you just sit through the credits. It's almost as if someone wants you to read those screens.

The fact it's running slow seems odd considering your specs. Are you running any custom graphics or anything like that? May be worth verifying your steam cache as described here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277955-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7155650&viewfull=1#post7155650

On it cheers, come on Steam start to love me!

Cheers, flicks through players a lot quicker now; still slow to load but then it is Steam.

Cheers my dears.....have to ask though, are you doing refunds if its not really playing to our expected standards?

I know you are technically selling licences and not copies of the game but even licensing has to move with the consumer times.

Archived