Regen and gray players ethnicity issue

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but:

I think you need to allign some regen names with certain skin colors. I'm specifically talking about French regens. Browsing through the youth teams, I see a lot of white regens with African names like N'Diaye, Toure, Niang, Diaw, etc. This shouldn't happen- or if it does, they should at least have an African second nationality.

Also, I've been noticing a too-high frequency of black Spanish regens. This isn't technically a problem, but they have no second nationality. Name one black Spanish youth player without a second nationality. Actually, the only black Spanish youth player I can think of is Sunny who was born in Nigeria.

There is no problem with having black regens with typical names. They just need to have 2nd nationality. IE Henrik Larsson has a normal Swedish name and is half black- but he also has second nationality! Just think: how is it possible to have a black Swedish regen without a second nationality- especially when most blacks living in Sweden are immigrants!

Countries with these problems:

Portugal- there are alot of black regens but no dual nationalities. This is parallel to real life except for the fact that players like Nani etc. have second nationalities (usually Cape Verde). So, increase the players with dual nationality Cape Verde, Angola, and Mozambique.

Spain- shouldn't have as high a frequency of black regens in general. Those who do turn up should have African dual- possibly Equatorial Guinea because they speak Spanish I think.

France- biggest problem. Regens with African names need to be black and have African second nationality.

Germany- The regens with Turkish names don't look Turkish (they have blond hair). Some of them don't even have Turkish nationality. You need to differentiate Turkish Germans with regular Germans. Likewise, some with German names have Turkish dual nationality. Holland has the same problem with this.

Regarding gray players- I notice that the names of gray players in certain countries aren't realistic.

Examples:

Zimbabwe's gray players all have English names, not African ones. I'm not sure if this is just the youth teams or the senior squad.

Dominican Republic players all have English names when they should have SPANISH names.

On an added side note, there are WAAAY too many Caribbean nationality regens actually born in the Caribbean. The amount of Montserrat regens actually born in Montserrat is probably larger than the actual population of men of a suitable age. There needs to be more Montserrat regens born in England (like Titus Bramble's brother/Titus Bramble).

I like the idea of a ethnically realistic regen- aren't they supposed to be "regenerated" players meaning they should be realistic? I certainly think so.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but:

I think you need to allign some regen names with certain skin colors. I'm specifically talking about French regens. Browsing through the youth teams, I see a lot of white regens with African names like N'Diaye, Toure, Niang, Diaw, etc. This shouldn't happen- or if it does, they should at least have an African second nationality.

Also, I've been noticing a too-high frequency of black Spanish regens. This isn't technically a problem, but they have no second nationality. Name one black Spanish youth player without a second nationality. Actually, the only black Spanish youth player I can think of is Sunny who was born in Nigeria.

There is no problem with having black regens with typical names. They just need to have 2nd nationality. IE Henrik Larsson has a normal Swedish name and is half black- but he also has second nationality! Just think: how is it possible to have a black Swedish regen without a second nationality- especially when most blacks living in Sweden are immigrants!

Countries with these problems:

Portugal- there are alot of black regens but no dual nationalities. This is parallel to real life except for the fact that players like Nani etc. have second nationalities (usually Cape Verde). So, increase the players with dual nationality Cape Verde, Angola, and Mozambique.

Spain- shouldn't have as high a frequency of black regens in general. Those who do turn up should have African dual- possibly Equatorial Guinea because they speak Spanish I think.

France- biggest problem. Regens with African names need to be black and have African second nationality.

Germany- The regens with Turkish names don't look Turkish (they have blond hair). Some of them don't even have Turkish nationality. You need to differentiate Turkish Germans with regular Germans. Likewise, some with German names have Turkish dual nationality. Holland has the same problem with this.

Regarding gray players- I notice that the names of gray players in certain countries aren't realistic.

Examples:

Zimbabwe's gray players all have English names, not African ones. I'm not sure if this is just the youth teams or the senior squad.

Dominican Republic players all have English names when they should have SPANISH names.

On an added side note, there are WAAAY too many Caribbean nationality regens actually born in the Caribbean. The amount of Montserrat regens actually born in Montserrat is probably larger than the actual population of men of a suitable age. There needs to be more Montserrat regens born in England (like Titus Bramble's brother/Titus Bramble).

I like the idea of a ethnically realistic regen- aren't they supposed to be "regenerated" players meaning they should be realistic? I certainly think so.

This was raised a while back, I have only recently started noticing it tbh. It can work both ways though and I usually always play in the German Leagues and I have noticed a hell of a lot of Turkish German youth internationals recently. In fact there is one African German and one Chinese German but not a single Polish German, which is very strange indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

This was raised a while back, I have only recently started noticing it tbh. It can work both ways though and I usually always play in the German Leagues and I have noticed a hell of a lot of Turkish German youth internationals recently. In fact there is one African German and one Chinese German but not a single Polish German, which is very strange indeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players do not take other EU countries for second nationalities. Besides, what person would want to be both Polish and German? I don't know if you've ever been to Germany but there are very, very many Turkish people living there.

To the original poster, I suggest that if he wants some "realism" he should perhaps, you know, experience the reality? I don't know, he seems to have a strange idea of the "racial purity" of European/African countries. We've spent 500 years exchanging peoples and names, often they don't match up. I live in Ireland. My friend's name is Tara Connolly, about as Irish as you can get. But she's black! Because she is second generation. There is a player in our league called Rafael Cretaro - he's from a farmer family from sligo, as Irish as you could possibly be. Names and skin colours do not need to match up; and someone being black does not mean they neccessarily have a second nationality, no more than most african americans would have a second nationality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GavinZac:

Besides, what person would want to be both Polish and German? I don't know if you've ever been to Germany but there are very, very many Turkish people living there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well how about Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, Germany's two leading front men both with a second nationality of Polish, not to mention Piotr Trochowski icon_rolleyes.gif.

Of course there are a lot of Turkish citizens living in Germany, I don't really see what your point is tbh. Just for clarity, my point is that there seem to be a high amount of turkish regens playing for Germany, especially given there aren't any (to my knowledge) in the current German national team icon_rolleyes.gif.

BTW players from the EU can take other EU countries as a second nationality so as to gain permission to play for the nationality they wish to play for. Nigel Quashie for Scotland, Andy Townsend for Rep Ire, Iain Dowie for Northern Ireland, Mario Gomez for Germany icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well how about Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, Germany's two leading front men both with a second nationality of Polish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There both are Polish and play for Germany

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

BTW players from the EU can take other EU countries as a second nationality so as to gain permission to play for the nationality they wish to play for. Nigel Quashie for Scotland, Andy Townsend for Rep Ire, Iain Dowie for Northern Ireland, Mario Gomez for Germany icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can't take up second nationalities without living there for a while, being born there, having a parent or grandparent from there or being married to someone from there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

BTW players from the EU can take other EU countries as a second nationality so as to gain permission to play for the nationality they wish to play for. Nigel Quashie for Scotland, Andy Townsend for Rep Ire, Iain Dowie for Northern Ireland, Mario Gomez for Germany icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can't take up second nationalities without living there for a while, being born there, having a parent or grandparent from there or being married to someone from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a given, I wasn't suggesting that a player can just pick and choose who he plays for icon_biggrin.gif

Paul McGrath, Chris Hughton, Clinton Morrison and Stephen Reid as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All born in England though I think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Paul McGrath, Chris Hughton, Clinton Morrison and Stephen Reid as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All born in England though I think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed but thats the Republic of Ireland for ya icon_biggrin.gif. They have changed a lot recently though.

Paul McGrath though born in England was raised in the Republic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

They can't take up second nationalities without living there for a while, being born there, having a parent or grandparent from there or being married to someone from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah but that is in the United Kingdom! Name some black Germans or black Italians without second nationalities. I didn't address UK as part of the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To the original poster, I suggest that if he wants some "realism" he should perhaps, you know, experience the reality? I don't know, he seems to have a strange idea of the "racial purity" of European/African countries. We've spent 500 years exchanging peoples and names, often they don't match up. I live in Ireland. My friend's name is Tara Connolly, about as Irish as you can get. But she's black! Because she is second generation. There is a player in our league called Rafael Cretaro - he's from a farmer family from sligo, as Irish as you could possibly be. Names and skin colours do not need to match up; and someone being black does not mean they neccessarily have a second nationality, no more than most african americans would have a second nationality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, I didn't refer to the UK. And ad hominum arguments generally aren't the best way to prove a point. I never said anything racist.

I wouldn't read too much into GavinZac's comments, they are just waffle from someone who made some rather cretinous points re: my previous tatement and then when proved wrong didn't even have the courtesy to admit his mistake lol.

I don't know if we can really use Italy as an example of cultural difference as were they not the fans who booed Liverani when he became the first non white player to play for Italy?

I think your points are correct in some regards but I don't really see it as a major and definately not a racial issue that needs to be addressed.

Someone posted on here a while back about a lack of non white British players in the future of the game but I would totally disagree with this. Perhas the issue is more name related than regen related as there appear to be plenty of non white players but they seem to have names relative to the nation in which they play whereas the players with names that would denote a different ethnicity are white a lot of the time. It's an anomaly but not a big deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

All born in England though I think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed but thats the Republic of Ireland for ya icon_biggrin.gif. They have changed a lot recently though.

Paul McGrath though born in England was raised in the Republic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul McGrath's dad was Ghanaian I think. Anyway, he was from Africa, and met the mother in England, they had a kid, he ****ed off, kid ended up in an Irish orphanage. His mother was born and raised in Ireland, and he grew up here too.

The guy who mentioned the odd black or other Irish lad is both right and wrong, of course we have some black players, but too high a proprotion of 'em are black.

If I'm honest tho, there's not much SI can do. Let's take Australia - most people will be white, some will be Aborigines and some will probably be Asian. It'd be way too much effort to hook each name up to an ethnicity. Take my name - it can come up in Australian regens. I'm not sure about Irish, English or American regens, I've never seen them with that name, but it's an Irish name, found in countries with lots of Irish people. With some countries it'd be a nightmare working out who is who and what skin colour they are. Besides, ya never can be certain. icon_wink.gif

What difference does it make?

Last FM we didnt even have this new technology, now because there is a balck spanish player, there are complaints?

C'mon mate, this is only the first time they have included this feature into the game. Lets give them a few years to perfect it. They didn't have to add this to the game. Just appreciate they are trying to make the game more fun.

If i saw a Black irishman with an afro, with a irish accent and all, i'd laugh my ass off.

I agree with the original poster, but ithink that if he/she believe this to be a big prblem then he/she should turn off facegen in the preferances. This would solve any issues.

And to Rangers;TheReligion - that comment that you made about a Black irishman with an afro could be considered rude, and could affend some people(not me personally, but others) so be careful about what you say icon_smile.gif

Whilst I can see the reasoning behind the original post I can honestly say that I am unaffected either way.

There are two sides to the argument and SI couldn't win either way.

1 - If SI leave it as it is with the ability for any regen to be made up of any nationality/skin pigmentation colour/name combination possible and it could be deemed as slightly unrealistic.

2 - If SI make make it so that names that are perceived to be used in only one ethnicity are used only for that ethnicity then it could be seen as borderline racist.

Under those rules where should the following people hail from?

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

Spec Wildhorse

Audio Science

Sage Moonblood

Tiger Lily

Moxie CrimeFighter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

What ethnicity would Juan Kerr be then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most definitely English. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2 - If SI make make it so that names that are perceived to be used in only one ethnicity are used only for that ethnicity then it could be seen as borderline racist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So having all people with the last name N'Diaye (an African name) be black is racist? Name me one white N'Diaye or one white "Toure" and maybe I'll agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

So having all people with the last name N'Diaye (an African name) be black is racist? Name me one white N'Diaye or one white "Toure" and maybe I'll agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm not suggesting it is racist, only that it could be perceived so.

If an African man named Toure married a white English woman and they had a child who was white or half-caste, the offspring would have the same surname.

If this trend continued if would be very feasible that the surnames of different ethnical backgrounds would eventually become intertwined.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

So having all people with the last name N'Diaye (an African name) be black is racist? Name me one white N'Diaye or one white "Toure" and maybe I'll agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm not suggesting it is racist, only that it could be perceived so.

If an African man named Toure married a white English woman and they had a child who was white or half-caste, the offspring would have the same surname.

If this trend continued if would be very feasible that the surnames of different ethnical backgrounds would eventually become intertwined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then they would have a second nationality of Ivory Coast or whatever. The white regens who are named Toure do not have second nationality. I'm saying that all French regens named Toure should have some sort of African second nationality.

Archived