Hi guys,

So i've had this idea for a while, but never really thought of it as that viable, but it would be interesting if you could get Knighted in the game and become a 'Sir'. Obviously this would suit players who have more journeyman/longterm saves, but still a nice little twist on the game. What do you guys think?

Oh, and sorry if this has been mentioned before(i've not noticed it myself)

Steve

Fergies a rarity when it comes to knighthood, and he probably got one due to the fact the amount of titles he's won with United and how long he's been at the club.

Correcto.

An exception to the rule.

Doesn't mean you have to dish them out to any Joe Bloggs after a couple of titles.

Very, very rare.

Usually awarded when you're out of the game. Retired.

Again, with exceptions...

Well nobody's saying hand them out like sweets, just as its rare to get a son it should be hard to get knighted etc, although if there's legal issues then its case closed anyway.

Fergies a rarity when it comes to knighthood, and he probably got one due to the fact the amount of titles he's won with United and how long he's been at the club.

Fergie got his in 1999 after winning the Treble.....what a year remember it like it was yesterday.

Almost certain there would be legal issues. Anyhow, they are kinda pointless, you get them for something that is far more important and memorable then the Knighthood/MBE.

Essentially, players would get MBEs if they won the world cup, and about 50 years later the manager and skipper would get knighted. Maybe if you stayed at a club winning things for 20 years you'd get something.

@scholes=legend

Same here, probably one of my favourite games of all time (not a united fan but a fan of great games in general) also that liverpool game in Istanbul 2005, still get goose pimples watching those 2 games from youtube clips.

@scholes=legend

Same here, probably one of my favourite games of all time (not a united fan but a fan of great games in general) also that liverpool game in Istanbul 2005, still get goose pimples watching those 2 games from youtube clips.

Funny you should mention the Liverpool game, was on yesterday sky sports classics.

Don't usually like seeing the scouser's win but had to take my hat off to em in 2005 it was a great come back. Was good to see Milan get revenge 2 years later.

A knighthood is given for services to the country. Fergie qualifies on having maintained the high profile of English football and presumably getting involved in community projects through Man Utd.

Not a feature I would like.

In my lifetime I only know two people from football who received knighthoods. Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Robson.

It's not all that common and doesn't really add much to the game anyway.

Here's a list. Very small group I reckon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_players_and_officials_awarded_knighthoods

In my lifetime I only know two people from football who received knighthoods. Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Robson.

It's not all that common and doesn't really add much to the game anyway.

Here's a list. Very small group I reckon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_players_and_officials_awarded_knighthoods

Kenny Dalglish has been put forward for one this year. This is more to do with how he handled Hilsborough and the help/support that he gave to the familes (he attended the majority of the funnerals).

Kenny Dalglish has been put forward for one this year. This is more to do with how he handled Hilsborough and the help/support that he gave to the familes (he attended the majority of the funnerals).

That would be a valid and dignified reason for giving someone one but all Fergie did to get one was win a couple of football matches. Personally though I dont think they'll be included in the game anytime soon as they would only be a very rare and completely cosmetic feature.

Getting Knighted because you gave entertainment to services always seems to me to be a pointless affair for people who think they sound better with having a title in there name, no thank you.

That would be a valid and dignified reason for giving someone one but all Fergie did to get one was win a couple of football matches. Personally though I dont think they'll be included in the game anytime soon as they would only be a very rare and completely cosmetic feature.

I don't think Fergie got his merely by winning games. It will probably be along the lines of 'raising the profile of English football (and thus England) around the world'.

Like it or not, his dominant Man U side is a vital cog in making the Premier League what it is today (the most watched league in the world).

Archived