I've gone back to just watching the game via text...

And I must say I'm enjoying it loads more! No longer do I have to see the infuriating errors in the match engine's graphical representation. I tried going to 2D for a while but even that got boring and tiresome; it leaves so much more to the imagination with just text. Is there any way in which you can move the text bar to the centre of the screen though, ala old CM's?

I couldn't ever go back to text only. Maybe I could go back to 2D, but not text.

Couldn't you just use your imagination but in 3D? Like when you see a defender just stand there and watch as a striker strolls past him, you could just pretend he tried to make a tackle and missed? You would only do the same with text.

The last 5 years I've had virtually no spare time so the only way I could get a game going would be to speed it up as much as possible.

It was either that or not play at all.

FM2007-2009 the match engine annoyed me so much that I'd put it on commentary even when I did make time for it.

I'm not a fan of 3D on my system, as I can't watch with all the stadiums etc. (Poor integrated graphics)

So I don't enjoy it as much, so I have it on 2D (full speed) with the replays on 3D (normal speed).

I don't use the 3D either but I pretty much always watch in 2D classic with at least key highlights.

I would only tend to watch in commentary if it was a meaningless match and I just wanted to get through it as quickly as possible (e.g. friendly or end of season meaningless game).

same here, I can't be bothered with 2D and 3D.

Same here as well. Not because I dislike 2d or 3d but because it's faster and I don't fancy making tactical changes based on fluke one-off events anyway. There isn't much (anything?) in 2d or 3d that I can't gather from the commentary.

You don't ever feel that you're missing out on stuff?

What about making tactical tweaks etc.?

I make my tactical changes based on the stats/possession etc; the good old way :cool:

I would watch the replays of my goals but they're so repetitive I just don't bother anymore.

ive never bothered with the 3d at all. looked at it once or twice just to see what it was like, wasnt too impressed. cant help but think if they had of kept it old school, maybe the game be a lot more smoother and enjoyable.

Archived