Board unhappy about losing a player THEY sold!

just been a little pet hate of mine for many seasons and it’s about time i complained!

Had a team come in and offer for one of my strikers, there was no min fee release etc and my board accepted the deal, saying "It was too good to turn down". Now I would have probably accepted it anyway because it was a big offer, I signed him for 500k and 3 seasons later was offered 11.25 mil. This is fine, I don’t have a problem with it, but in the monthly update they are telling me that my "decision to sell XXXX is considered an aberration!" And my fans are annoyed that I sold a favourite!

Just bugs me that I get the blame when it was nothing to do with me, times like this is when the press conferences would actually be a good feature.

Anyway, that’s my rant, have a nice night :)

it doesnt seem to be, its in the board summery and says they are happy with your managment, they are happy with your wage control etc and then says 'they' feel it was an aberration to sell him.

wage control etc isnt something that fans would know about so 'they' must mean the board?

Go to the confidence screen. Then click on transfers.

Only the fans provide feedback on the signings and sales.

The comment within FM makes it sound like it comes from the board, but the board are just letting you know what the fans think.

yeah it is worded poorly but if you think about it the board cannot be unhappy about a sale, because the chairman has final say over a player leaving, if he doesnt want to sell him he can block the transfer, it is definitely the fans who are unhappy but your right it could be worded better.

well hold on a moment, ok, so the fans might not be happy about the player getting sold, but its still being put on the manager isnt it? surely it shouldn't say that there not happy with "YOU", it should say that there not happy with the "board" ???

well hold on a moment, ok, so the fans might not be happy about the player getting sold, but its still being put on the manager isnt it? surely it shouldn't say that there not happy with "YOU", it should say that there not happy with the "board" ???

Well they're not going to know if the board sold a player

It doesn't matter who's unhappy, either way it's coming back to the manager who had no say. If he goes on a bad run he might get sacked, and that will be partly down to the fans thinking that the sale was an aberration. The confidence section doesn't work very well.

yeah it is worded poorly but if you think about it the board cannot be unhappy about a sale, because the chairman has final say over a player leaving, if he doesnt want to sell him he can block the transfer, it is definitely the fans who are unhappy but your right it could be worded better.

This is true.. it is the fans that get unhappy over transfers...

However the point that is being glossed over is that the boards opinion of you is based on all those areas. So while it's technically the fans unhappy over a sale it still comes back tot he board and affects your job security. Which leads back to it being stupid. Just another little hint at flaws in the system.

This is true.. it is the fans that get unhappy over transfers...

However the point that is being glossed over is that the boards opinion of you is based on all those areas. So while it's technically the fans unhappy over a sale it still comes back tot he board and affects your job security. Which leads back to it being stupid. Just another little hint at flaws in the system.

i guess you could be right, but unless your badly struggling i cant see this making a huge difference to your job security in the game, selling players usually doesnt, not that i have found anyway.

Just out of interest was this on the newest patch, because i had one where the chairman stepped in on the newest patch, it was strange actually the club is very well off i think my balance hovers around £50m in the SPL with aberdeen wtih only a 25,000 stadium, but i had a dutch regen, got him on a free, but he was quite good, didnt play much and Porto offered £3.5m which the chairman decided to step in and accept, the first time in 11 seasons he has done so, and i had turned down £15m for players worth around the same as him, after he was sold i looked at the confidence thing and the fans were disapointed to see him go, but accepted it was an offer too good to turn down, which made me think SI had thought of this and programmed a line in when the fans knew when the chairman stepped in, the bid for me was not great, but i didnt need him so i wasnt too bothered, i could have prob got more for him if i tried to sell him myself.

i guess you could be right, but unless your badly struggling i cant see this making a huge difference to your job security in the game, selling players usually doesnt, not that i have found anyway.

Fair enough, I will agree that transfers aren't going to have a big impact unless its a fire sale and all the good players are tossed.

But your example and the OP's shows to me another mistake on SI's part... you say it looks like they do have the depth in there which I will agree with based on your scenario. However that depth doesn't always show according to the OP's scenario. This is something I see all the time, mostly with team talks. My boy totally dominate a match, have superb morale across the board but I can't use the 'warn against complacency in the next match' talk, even though I know it's in there somewhere it never pop's up when I want/need it.

Just out of interest was this on the newest patch, because i had one where the chairman stepped in on the newest patch, it was strange actually the club is very well off i think my balance hovers around £50m in the SPL with aberdeen wtih only a 25,000 stadium, but i had a dutch regen, got him on a free, but he was quite good, didnt play much and Porto offered £3.5m which the chairman decided to step in and accept, the first time in 11 seasons he has done so, and i had turned down £15m for players worth around the same as him, after he was sold i looked at the confidence thing and the fans were disapointed to see him go, but accepted it was an offer too good to turn down, which made me think SI had thought of this and programmed a line in when the fans knew when the chairman stepped in, the bid for me was not great, but i didnt need him so i wasnt too bothered, i could have prob got more for him if i tried to sell him myself.

all tho you think this is all swell and all, what does this have to do with the op´s angle? i´m getting confused, is it the fans or the board we´re talking about here? :rolleyes:

all tho you think this is all swell and all, what does this have to do with the op´s angle? i´m getting confused, is it the fans or the board we´re talking about here? :rolleyes:

Both... technically they are one in the same in the game mechanics... it's just they are represented to us separately.

But his point is that there is a line in the system that allows for the confidence drop of selling a top player to be tempered by the fact it was too good to pass on the deal.

But anyway, off to watch R.Madrid and Spurs :)

the point was there appears to be a line coded in there when the fans realise the offer was too good to turn down and it was outwith your control, however it doesnt look like it has been activated in this instance for whatever reason. I never said everything was swell i said from the start i thought it could be worded better.

In terms of game mechanics there is not much difference between fans and board confidence, if one is unhappy with you the other will be as well.

Fair enough, I will agree that transfers aren't going to have a big impact unless its a fire sale and all the good players are tossed.

But your example and the OP's shows to me another mistake on SI's part... you say it looks like they do have the depth in there which I will agree with based on your scenario. However that depth doesn't always show according to the OP's scenario. This is something I see all the time, mostly with team talks. My boy totally dominate a match, have superb morale across the board but I can't use the 'warn against complacency in the next match' talk, even though I know it's in there somewhere it never pop's up when I want/need it.

yeah i have always wondered what actually triggers that option for team talks, i dont always get the option when i have felt it was needed, your right if that line is in there for that reason then the issue is why it doesnt always work, i could be wrong and it was just the fans actually thought the offer was too good to turn down and it is not related at all but i have only ever seen that line once and it was after that senario.

My fans were moaning I released a player all season, despite the fact we got back to back promotions and the guy I let go despite being okay in the league below had no chance in the league above and even my scout said he was no good for the club and rated him as half a star, he was without another club all year so nobody else wanted him either. And he had hit 34 so was well past his best.

Fans eh, what do they know..

My fans were moaning I released a player all season, despite the fact we got back to back promotions and the guy I let go despite being okay in the league below had no chance in the league above and even my scout said he was no good for the club and rated him as half a star, he was without another club all year so nobody else wanted him either. And he had hit 34 so was well past his best.

Fans eh, what do they know..

Yeah he was probably on the teams favored personnel list... Same thing happened to me, sold favored striker, picked up a better striker on a free and a number of other players that the fans all loved. Won the league and the new striker won the golden boot, but i never stopped hearing about the one players sale.

Just a lack of dynamics in the system. Which in the end, regardless of all this discussion, is rather empty.

so, what peeps in here are saying is that the fan and board reaction to something is one and the same? i haven´t noticed that they are the same as just off the top off my head i thought they should react differently seeing as they are two different individuals. i haven´t actually noticed that they did respond the same way, so my level of observation is not as high as some of you alls. and i thought i was seeing problems, go figure huh :rolleyes:

so, what peeps in here are saying is that the fan and board reaction to something is one and the same? i haven´t noticed that they are the same as just off the top off my head i thought they should react differently seeing as they are two different individuals. i haven´t actually noticed that they did respond the same way, so my level of observation is not as high as some of you alls. and i thought i was seeing problems, go figure huh :rolleyes:

You are looking at it too realistically and not like the game mechanic it is.

Go in-game and look at your confidence page. Everything under matches, transfers, and players is presented to us in a fashion that the 'fans like this' or 'fans are unhappy with that'. But this is still the board confidence page you are looking at and in the end all those areas lead to your job security. Confidence and job security are 1 mechanic, but to make it look more real and interesting they present it to us in different ways.

You are looking at it too realistically and not like the game mechanic it is.

Go in-game and look at your confidence page. Everything under matches, transfers, and players is presented to us in a fashion that the 'fans like this' or 'fans are unhappy with that'. But this is still the board confidence page you are looking at and in the end all those areas lead to your job security. Confidence and job security are 1 mechanic, but to make it look more real and interesting they present it to us in different ways.

i may have misunderstood the op and the game mechanics. in the op he says that the board was unhappy with selling a player x that they actually sold, and the fans were unhappy at the decision as well. ¿in the board room it is represented as two different things, no? but i see what you are getting at, we can´t think logically so we have to make the unrealistic realistic. i can dig that, kind of like my favorite album from ze talking heads "stop making sense"

:cool:

i may have misunderstood the op and the game mechanics. in the op he says that the board was unhappy with selling a player x that they actually sold, and the fans were unhappy at the decision as well. ¿in the board room it is represented as two different things, no? but i see what you are getting at, we can´t think logically so we have to make the unrealistic realistic. i can dig that, kind of like my favorite album from ze talking heads "stop making sense"

:cool:

what i was getting at is that in the board confidence overview, the board is referred to as 'they'. It says the board are happy with the performance in the league and THEY are happy with the wage control etc. The next line is THEY feel the decision to let XXXX go was an aberration.

So if it is the fans the word THEY refers to 2 different sets of people without giving any indication, instead of referring to one or the other. Its no major drama, but at the time i didnt know that this was the case and thought it was the board telling me they were unhappy with me for selling the player when they accepted it. Simply replacing the 2nd they with the term 'the fans' would surely take all of 30 seconds to program?

Well irl many fans wouldn't know who's to blame for the sale of a star player but perhaps you should have the option to deny any responsibility in a press conference if it was your boards fault.

The thing is that would only be useful if it then solved the problem by removing the low fan confidence about you selling the player.

Well irl many fans wouldn't know who's to blame for the sale of a star player but perhaps you should have the option to deny any responsibility in a press conference if it was your boards fault.

The thing is that would only be useful if it then solved the problem by removing the low fan confidence about you selling the player.

i think alot of people are missing my point. Im not saying its wrong, i know the fans wont know, and i dont really think the option to say "it wasnt me it was him is needed." Im just saying that the news item should be clearer in who it reffers too.

i think alot of people are missing my point. Im not saying its wrong, i know the fans wont know, and i dont really think the option to say "it wasnt me it was him is needed." Im just saying that the news item should be clearer in who it reffers too.

yeah that too, i thought that had already been covered.

i thought your whole point was that the board sold a player x overriding your authority and then turned around getting all uptight with you for it. it seemed like it was getting at your gonads so you needed to vent your fustrations somewhere, so you decided this was a good a place as any :o

Archived