Match Highest Earner Clause

I did this at a championship club. I didn't have much of a budget but signed a really good player. next moment 3 peoples wagse went up by almost 5k. The money it took up I had already put aside for 2 more players!

Its a nightmare if you bring success to a relatively small club in a short space of time. Its easy to forget some of the players you signed in the Championship and are now languishing in your reserves but demanded the clause back in the day when they were actually important signings for you. I got into Europe after my 1st season in the Prem and signed Dario Conca to play as my creative midfield playmaker. Cue 3 of my transfer listed reserve players getting a pay rise upto £60000 pw.

Its a nightmare if you bring success to a relatively small club in a short space of time. Its easy to forget some of the players you signed in the Championship and are now languishing in your reserves but demanded the clause back in the day when they were actually important signings for you. I got into Europe after my 1st season in the Prem and signed Dario Conca to play as my creative midfield playmaker. Cue 3 of my transfer listed reserve players getting a pay rise upto £60000 pw.

Yep, that's what I'm dealing with. The problem is new players who are better than your players but become obsolete by the time you reach the Prem/top-table status

Oh and I was able to circumvent it by offering more in the signing fee dept.

i used the clause when i started trying to get good players at my club but i was always careful that if anyone had the clause they only had a small rise over anyone else with the same clause.

now i have a top team i never use the clause. i do everything i can to leave it out, it takes some rejigging in the negotiations but its worth it.

heard somewhere that if you give the agent more money you can lever most things your way.

Archived