FM11: Ultimatum, to issue or not to issue

Perchance to get the Spanish Archer, there's the rub....or something like that.

I'm into the 2018/19 season on my Newcastle save and have them currently the dominant domestic force and have finally captured the champion's league after years of playing like utter lemons in the knockout phase. We've won 5 of the last 6 Premier League titles, set goalscoring records galore. I'm more than 600,000 pounds under my weekly wage budget, have hardly dipped into the transfer budget for 2 seasons.

Now my question is this, St James' Park has been expanded to it's maximum capacity for several seasons now and given our record of success what do you reckon my chances are of successfully demanding the board loosen their vice like grip on the purse strings and build a new larger stadium??

Any chance at all or do you it will be a case of thanks very much Mark, here's your P45 and hold the door open for Jose on your way out will you?

Tried it once in FM11 on a save with Celtic, had won 9 domestic titles in a row and had made the last 2 CL semi finals...

here's your P45 and hold the door open for Jose on your way out will you?

...This sums up quite accurately the response I got.

Tried it in a Real Madrid game after winning everything for about 12 years in a row, becoming the greatest manager alive, etc...didn't even get a "thank you" on my way out.

Ouch

looks like I'll be keeping schtum on that one then...or just trying to wheedle them into it

I've been rather successful in saying to the board "The lack of ambition you are showing is really disappointing..." everytime I've used that at a club I've been granted my request. Managed to get my Training and Youth Faciilities well upgraded with Alicante and have the stadium expanded the following season. I've only been there for two seasons too, just started my third.

Yeah I've managed to get them to change their mind on upgrades, but i was wondering what my chances were of getting them to bite the bullet and lay out for the whole new stadium were. I have a feeling considering the other replies that mentioning their lack of ambition will get me a quick taxi ride to the dole queue......

Yeah I've managed to get them to change their mind on upgrades, but i was wondering what my chances were of getting them to bite the bullet and lay out for the whole new stadium were. I have a feeling considering the other replies that mentioning their lack of ambition will get me a quick taxi ride to the dole queue......

that response shouldn't get you sacked, i'd say at least try that response and see what happens. Saying they have a lack of ambition isn't the same as an ultimatum.

"Lack of ambition" and "left behind by our rivals" seems to be the best choises at the time being,I have never an ultimatum goin,I was always cleaning my office by noon when used...

I've had the board accept my ultimatums. They're pretty funny, the board will say something like, "We're disappointed that you would go to such lengths but we accept that we need a new stadium" or something of the like.

Perchance to get the Spanish Archer, there's the rub....or something like that.

Do you mean:

To die, to sleep--

To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause.

:confused:

Archived