Losing my drive to play FM! Suggestions?

Hi people!

So I've been playing this game franchise for a few years now. I've constantly been addicted and love the new FMs every year. Just that for some reason, I have started to lose interest in this year's game. I get bored so fast. I would usually play for a few seasons (3-4 years) then just lose interest.

I've tried the challenges (dafuge etc), using Arsenal (my favorite team), Barca or Madrid, but for some reason, I can't wait long enough to see my youth ever blossom!

Have you felt this? Can you give me suggestions to build my enthusiasm towards the game?

Many thanks!

Im on the same boat. Shocking ME. SI should focus on improving the ME, instead of adding boring and pointless features such as match preperation etc. SI....pull your finger out now!!

how about we have a thread without moaning etc? Yes there are flaws but just a few threads without that sort of reply would be nice.

To OP, try reading through some of the career threads and stop playing for a week or so, that usually gets me back into it. Although I am having my best save ever so I am not getting bored :)

i used to get a bit bored of games after a while until i started adding myself into the game.

these days a spend a few months playing the game as it is, then add a new team and a small handful of players (me and friends) and that always keeps me interested.

not everyones cup of tea but i find its the one thing that keeps me playing longer

+1 for time away.

I've just 'finished' by far my most enjoyable and most successful save on any iteration on FM. I have played since December on the same save taking a league 2 team up to safe mid table prem status but never winning anything. Got offered the England job and won the European championship but was sacked after a woeful World cup. After 6 months Villa offered me a job and I accepted without noticing they had a sugar daddy. 5 years later and with 3 consecutive premiership titles and 2 successive champions league wins I have retired in 2031 very happy but pretty damn bored. I have never had much success on CM/FM so am really thrilled to have had a great career but it is definitely time to call it quits. I am in the nice FM position of working from home so i have certainly got my money's worth.

Especially with the patch coming out I am going to take a week or 2 away from the game and wait until any necessary hotfix is out and then, hopefully, have my enthusiasm back with a patched game with a slightly different flavour and starting at the other end of the world.

The timings right to take a break so you get the best out of the new patch.

Just don't play for a while mate, get on the xbox/ps3 while you wait for the new patch or something.

There was a good suggestion above about reading through other career threads.. So give FM a rest and read through some of them, its how I get myself back into the game and while I wait for the patch, its basically all I am doing. Then once you think you have found a good career by reading through them, you can then get stuck into when the patch is released.

Perhaps you could try a journeyman save? That way you could spent 3-4 years at a club before moving on while building a career at the same time.

Hey hey! That sounds like a good one as well! You should tell the folks here about YOUR journeyman save! Awesome it is!!!

Been a silent reader! :)

read sun tzu's the art of war, i stopped playing fm from mid december through to early feb and it was that book that got me back into it

dunno why though....

Very interesting this one. I've always fancied reading the great man's war book!

Just don't play for a while mate, get on the xbox/ps3 while you wait for the new patch or something.

Tried as well. Just finished dead space 2 (Awesome game btw) and go back to FIFA/PES once in a while...

One thing though that I have realized is that many of us here in one way or another share my feelings (not that i want you guys to lose your drive to play FM as well) ... Hmmmmmm... at least that makes me feel a little better... :)

To keep myself interested I play 3 managers at once. One started off as Chelsea (dont want the AI ruining them) the other at Southport in the BSP and then one in South Africa, I want them all to eventually be in the prem or one in La Liga and one in Serie A

This way if one bores me, I holiday him and switch to another or I just play each at once :)

Its also good cause I can loan players to each other and play them and develop them

Archived