Cruyff Turn in FM?

cruyffv.jpg

Now to me, Miller, had a number of options had he used the Cruyff turn

a: he would have beaten his marker and the other defender in front of the goalkeeper may have overrun leaving an easy layoff to Cahill (just inside the box)

b: he would have beaten his marker and then lay a short pass back to Gueye (behind miller on the edge of the box), and the marker to the right of Gueye would have probably continued his run forward. This would have opened a hole for Gueye to either have a shot or run into the hole, drawing in the other defender, and then laying off again to Cahill.

So a few things,

Anyone seen a player do a Cruyff turn?

Is my little technical analysis off the mark?

Can this be done in FM?

Am I expecting too much from FM?

Edit: Had some image problems and when loading image again I chopped some text from the top by mistake. Now I know we are having a chortle with the idea of Miller actually being able to do a Cruyff turn, ;D however the text at the top that I chopped, also asked if they had seen any player do one on FM.

I think part of the reason for the initial post was from the game I was watching, a quick change of direction may opened new options for passing or scoring. This is something I don't really recall seeing in FM , but something I will keep an eye out for. . . . . . . cheers

I just think FM need to add more animations, I've seen the multiple stepovers, but never seen just one. I posted a thread about having never seen an overhead kick but a few others have, so they probably need to add more animations which i'm sure they'll do at some stage, baring in mind this is only the second game to have a 3D ME

Still think that in certain instances some of the animations need to be looked at. when a player picks the ball up and starts doing step overs and the nearest defender is 20 yards away. don't really see the need to do it then. Also, same with the multiple body swerve. Why would a player do one when he has a lot of space to move into and there's no defenders near him? I could understand if a defender was fairly close by.

If Kenny Miller did a Cruyff turn it would definitely go down as a bug
Your not expecting too much out of FM

Rather,

You expect too much from Miller XD

Hehe, true probably on both counts, but as mentioned probably an animations thing.

The move from my understanding is pretty much part of junior development, so I just found it strange that what seemed to be the obvious thing didn't make itself apparent.

would be nice to see more animations in the future.

fwiw a cruyff turn is p*** easy. i used to teach 5 year old american kids to do it and some of them could do it in games, although a 6 y/o dribbling past an 8 y/o with a maradona 360 is pretty special

Heh, I used to do the 360 all the time at school. I didn't pick it up from Maradona though, saw Michael Laudrup do it in a game against Scotland years back. I was pretty good at it by the end - shame the rest of my play was so poor!

Anyway, to get back to the OP, I uploaded

clip to Youtube some time back from FM10. It's not quite a Cruyff turn, but it's not far off. Shame Llorente skied the shot afterwards!

would be nice to see more animations in the future.

fwiw a cruyff turn is p*** easy. i used to teach 5 year old american kids to do it and some of them could do it in games, although a 6 y/o dribbling past an 8 y/o with a maradona 360 is pretty special

It may be easy to do but it's still one heck of an effective move if used right. I do it all the time when I play if I'm stuck in a tight spot, plus playing centre back as I do it really makes people look stupid when a defender leaves you on your arse!

I love the 360 to great fun if pulled off correctly.

Archived