101 Points + 105 Goals = 2nd Place :(

Sigh...

Just finished a season having amassed 101 points, 105 goals...my striker (K.Babacar) finished with 42 league goals and broke numerous other records...yet still finished in 2nd place to an unbeatable Man City!

The lads did me proud though and i can't complain too much...i had won the league the previous 3 seasons! It's just gutting to play so great yet not come away with anything! The ever elusive '4 in a row' eludes yet another team!

Has anyone else ever lost a league after amassing over 100 points/goals and broken numerous records?

there was another guy who said he had gotten 104 points and scored over 120 goals in the championship and not been promoted.

Everyone said he was making it up, but he posted a screenshot and the top 3 clubs all had over 100 points and then he lost in the play offs.

Sucks doesnt it...

I just won the league with 88 points, its really hard some years. Im lucky, wenger took over at man city and he doesnt seem inclined to buy as many players as other managers are...

Ohhhh god i think that's worse!

Yeah, City had wrapped the league up with 2 games to go as well if i remember correctly! Like i said, the i'd won the league the previous 3 times and city were never one of the challengers, that was always a contest between United and Tottenham! But before the season City bolstered their squad with the likes of Pastore, Higuian and some crazy good regen!

Oh well! Makes it more of challenge next season! I'm sure the fans will be singing...'we want our title back...' :p

I've won the premiership on some pretty low point tallies, 84 and 85 or 85 and 86 with both my title wins. Most other years I wouldn't have won it but the last couple the other teams haven't been up to scratch.

It was me. 100 points and 100 goals with Ipswich, finished 3rd and lost in the playoff 1st round. Season after 102 points, 107 goals and won the league (14 points clear of 3rd place).

The funny bit was i posted and people implied I was cheating until they saw the screenshot lol. Not sure why I would have made up not getting promoted but there you go.

I got 92 points and didn't get promoted from league one. By contrast Leeds got promoted with 83 points IRL last season...also peterborough who won the league got 108 points, the record points score in the Football league is 106

0,,10306%7E3306236,00.jpg

I feel really sorry for the OP, and even more so for the guy who got 104 points and wasn't promoted.

Archived