Knap FM11 4222 Tactics

Latest 4222 Min Pitch Size required

___Knap11.24422P100F103A36P494222p96F104A34QUAD _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

The Telford Tactic 4222 Min Pitch Size required Pts 108 For 138 Against 19

___knap11.24222HyTELP108F138A19 _AFC Telford_ Apr 2011_.tac - 0.00MB

98pts 4222 Max Pitch Size

_Knap11.24222p57f48a10zp98f80a25 _Tottenham_ Oct 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

98pts Spurs 4222 Hybrid tested with Spurs and Woking

http://www.filefront.com/17679839/knap11.24222HybidP98F87A23-Woking-Jan-2011.tac/

englishpremierdivisioniu.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bluesquarebetnorthinfor.png

bluesquarebetsouthinfor.png

With any squad you have to be flexible. For example I use at LB Bassong BAE and Bale but prefer attacking FBs. With LL you may not have a choice so a talented player in their natural position. In general I prefer MCs so push Modric out to wing or VDV to wing or retrained as forward, but you can use say a Modric Hudds combination.

A 4222 does allow a more AMR/L ST type player Neymer.

I usually use the DM and TM on right but change this about during games and seasons.

That`s what I`ve been doing as well. It seems quite important for the MC to be very good defensively if you`re a smaller team.

I also put the faster, better dribbler on the left and a good TM on the right, but it seems to work fine with two fast strikers as well. The left striker always scores more for me.

I score quite a lot from set pieces so it`s nice to have a good corner taker, I usually try to get a winger. Mbark Boussoufa from Anderlecht for example has been amazing for me on the left wing and he is comparatively cheap. Got Jovetic later and he`s a beast, but doesn`t get that many assists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Knap,

Love the tactic, I recently got back to in after starting a new game in Spain and would you believe it consecutive promotions to la liga! I signed some very good players and it was with Castellon tbh but still really good. One thing I started doing in my push from the liga adelante was to take the forward wingers and bring them back to ml/r immediately after having scored, will usually do the same if it's a opponent I think I'll settle for a draw with. This usually stopped the opposition equalizing, I was having way too many high scoring draws and 4-3 3-2 wins before implementing this. I also tuned time wasting to about mid levels if I lead at halftime and go ultra defensive with no cf and time waste max at around the 75th min mark.

Hi Knap,

Using your tactic with Cardiff in the Prem. I had a good end to the season with it when I switched and managed to win the FA Cup. So far so good. What I've found so far though is that other tactics I've used have been good for about two-thirds of a season and then fallen away dramatically. Is this a case of the AI 'cracking' the tactic or have you just been able to use the same tactic week in and week out.? I tend to use tactics 'out of the box', so to speak. No OIs and just let the Ass Man do teamtalks.

Thanks

In FM08 I used 1 tactic week in week out , No OIs and Ass Man team talks to take Oxford from BSP to winning EPL. There was a period when I lost 3 in a row for no real reason but I would not call that tactic cracking. Sometimes there maybe a lucky spell followed by an unlucky spell but again not tactic cracking or AI changing tactics.

I don't post all the tactics I have available so it is possible to mix and match variations on the 4222 with DL changes or 442s if a change is as good as rest for tactics.

I have a speadsheet for attributes but each position requires a combination of about 22 attributes, however I tend to use the scout reports as simpler and picks up hidden attributes. The good player guide will have plenty of ideas on quality players and I prefer quality players, as need to use a squad and I do not change a tactic just because Bassong is LB and not Bale. I also use same tactic in BSP as EPL so just needs to be quality for league but always try to buy players that are at least good for league above.

I have a speadsheet for attributes but each position requires a combination of about 22 attributes, however I tend to use the scout reports as simpler and picks up hidden attributes. The good player guide will have plenty of ideas on quality players and I prefer quality players, as need to use a squad and I do not change a tactic just because Bassong is LB and not Bale. I also use same tactic in BSP as EPL so just needs to be quality for league but always try to buy players that are at least good for league above.

Knap any latest updates before the 11.3 comes out? Reall struggling with tactics. Your FM08 tactics were unbelievably good

I am testing pitch sizes and various tactic choices with a tactic not released. It's a 4222 which is 92pts on min pitch and 95pts on max pitch, but the 92pts is higher scoring.

I am testing pitch sizes and various tactic choices with a tactic not released. It's a 4222 which is 92pts on min pitch and 95pts on max pitch, but the 92pts is higher scoring.

Please send me the one with the better defence :) Thanks Knap

In general the less you score the less you concede, a better defence is more due to the quality of defenders.

If you send me your game I can have a look at your defending issues.

In general the less you score the less you concede, a better defence is more due to the quality of defenders.

If you send me your game I can have a look at your defending issues.

I havent started a new save for over a week as Im sick of this patch, but if you send me your tactic, I can test then send you the game

The above is using minimum pitch size. Although it works Ok with max pitch size it scores less and concedes lees and therefore more draws. Totally opposite of what should happen! I'm just going to try one more tweak and will then PM the best version of tactic so far.

chuffed to bits, on my save i play at work, with my mate, been destroying everything in site with satoraxs tactic, iv been struggling to start a game on my own, so i remembered the west ham game i had with ur 442flat tactics, i was about to look for 11.2 tactic and tho and behold your latest is a flat 442, result,ah also im guessing the left cm is the more attacking and rcm the defensive of the two, up front would it be defoe left and crouch right, ie them sort of strikers or dont it matter, on my lfc(at work) save i have a regen pure poacher and higuian, would it be regen left and higuian right? thanks for your help

Knap tested with Man City, and finished 4th. I concede too many CCC's. The attack is very good, but dont feel I can play away from home, without conceding at least a goal. I know you said that the less you condede, the less youll score, but I feel the defence can get a little better, and perhaps it can become a plug and play, like your 10.3 tactics.

In fm08, you gave me a 4321, with two AMC's , which I won the UCL with Panathinaikos first season!! Hopefully you can make something similar, maybe in 442 shape

:)

Hey Knap!

Playing with HSV in German Bundesliga. I tried the Tottenham QUAD tactic and played against rivals Werder Bremen. 2:0 up at halftime, but then conceded 2 goals after corners (Mertesacker, Naldo > both headers). Lost 3:2. :(

Would the Telford-tac be better for my team or is it only for LL?

P.S. van Nistelrooy is perfect in the RST spot, but he gets very tired after 60 minutes. He scored 6 in the last 5 games!!! :)

In FM10 I went to the lowest level possible (11) and used the same tactic as I use with Spurs, and I have never found a reason to change a tactical set up since starting playing this game back in FM07.

IMO the key to the game are the best players and a winning tactic. As the problem appears to be defence in FM11 I have dropped the CBs mentality and CD, but I am using hard pressing for rest of team.

The Telford game is just to show what happens when the best players are used.

Archived