Managers who hate you?

What managers just hate your guts?

Everytime i play stoke Pulis always says how much he dislikes me! I never done anything to him or stoke, oddly Roberto Di Matteo loves me :D

I said Sylvain distain was overrated once and now hes a manager he dislikes me too haha!

Darren Ferguson at Preston inexplicably hates me more than any manager in the game. I'm Everton, and we traditionally have a pre-season friendly with them, so it is strange that every time we thrash them he says I'm the wrong person to take the club forward.

The prat was sacked recently in-game and in reality so last laugh me!

Pep Guardiola hates me since the beginning and he's on the top dislike list... I'm R Madrid btw, and I think that guy influence all of his players.. I can't sign a single player from Barca lol None of them would go and negotiate contract with me. Even the new regen.

Its cause we breed loyal players instead of buying greedy ones ;)

Rafa Benitez always takes a dig at me when I play his City side, he must be jealous because they always come runners up for trophies behind us.. He's always trying to nick my staff and buy my players..

Also Stephen Carr usest to take a dig at me during his time at Leeds and Villa for no reason, he just hated me for no reason, fortunetly he's unemployed now.

Other than that no one really hates me, although on my dislike list Gerrard supposedly dislikes me, although it says my former player Arshavin is on that list as well even though I've never spoke to him..

Its cause we breed loyal players instead of buying greedy ones ;)

Not anymore after 9 seasons... they are desperate and wants my bench defender that comes out of my U19s to be their first team member... poor guy :-D :-D

boumsongy.jpg

And they won't have much "Trained at club" players in a few seasons.... Look at the number of brazilians they got.

barcao.jpg

Not anymore after 9 seasons... they are desperate and wants my bench defender that comes out of my U19s to be their first team member... poor guy :-D :-D

And they won't have much "Trained at club" players in a few seasons.... Look at the number of brazilians they got.

most unrealistic thing I have seen so far :p

Sadly, I have to agree with you... dunno what Pep is doing over there lol

a team that has a proud history of developing youth rather than buying every year should be in the game. Yes we bought alves, henry, ibra and villa etc over the past few seasons, we only bought villa and ibra cause Valencia were holding us to ransom so we opted for Ibra which didnt work out so we had to buy another striker. Alves was a must as we didnt have the right back we needed in the B side and then we got Henry as Pedro wasnt quite ready. I remember watching Pedro in the B side (Pedrito then :p) and you could see that he was class and only 1-2 years off replacing Henry.

Think there should be a 'tendancy to use youth rather than buy' feature in the DB/editor.

a team that has a proud history of developing youth rather than buying every year should be in the game. Yes we bought alves, henry, ibra and villa etc over the past few seasons, we only bought villa and ibra cause Valencia were holding us to ransom so we opted for Ibra which didnt work out so we had to buy another striker. Alves was a must as we didnt have the right back we needed in the B side and then we got Henry as Pedro wasnt quite ready. I remember watching Pedro in the B side (Pedrito then :p) and you could see that he was class and only 1-2 years off replacing Henry.

Think there should be a 'tendancy to use youth rather than buy' feature in the DB/editor.

They will fail miserably if they use the youth instead of buying... Last season, I was so tempted to throw the match against Betis so that Betis can claim the #4 spot and leave Barca outta Champion cup lol And btw, Betis just got promoted a season ago, and is challenging Barca for 4th spot already :-D

The problem with regen... sometimes, they aren't good enough to replace every single one of the aging player in FM... In 9 seasons, I only have 1 regen outta my own academy who's rated as "world class defender". If there's anything resemble to real life, barca should have more (so that I can poach more).

They will fail miserably if they use the youth instead of buying... Last season, I was so tempted to throw the match against Betis so that Betis can claim the #4 spot and leave Barca outta Champion cup lol And btw, Betis just got promoted a season ago, and is challenging Barca for 4th spot already :-D

The problem with regen... sometimes, they aren't good enough to replace every single one of the aging player in FM... In 9 seasons, I only have 1 regen outta my own academy who's rated as "world class defender". If there's anything resemble to real life, barca should have more (so that I can poach more).

true, they cant implement it really as you will get all the good regens being at the clubs who have this option ticked.

Well benitez hates me.....but i dont really care about him so whatever.

Harry redknapp is not a fan of me either. Last season, after I had already won the title, I played a bunch of youngsters against spurs. It was 0-0, my youngsters were tired, and I had a man sent off. Instead of going all out, and handing me my first defeat of the season, harry decides to bring on an extra defender and play with 5 at the back......and 10 men.....half of whom weren't even 18 yet!

After the match, I criticized harry's management style and he decided he wanted to start a war off words with me. Can't wait to play them again :)

Darren Ferguson at Preston inexplicably hates me more than any manager in the game. I'm Everton, and we traditionally have a pre-season friendly with them, so it is strange that every time we thrash them he says I'm the wrong person to take the club forward.

The prat was sacked recently in-game and in reality so last laugh me!

He liked me at first, then turned on me, and now he likes me again. No provocation from me, in fact i responded that i thought he was a good manager the first time he praised me in the hope that Fergie will like me too! :p Schitzo.

Barca buy lots of their players, they just do it before they turn 18 - like Arsenal (who they're always slagging off for "poaching" Fabregas).

Xavi and Valdes and Pique started at Barca

Iniesta arrived aged 12

Messi aged 14

Which is an impressive development record.

These ages are not scoutable on FM - so they must be a reflection of your academy (ie, the "tendency to use youth rather than buy")

But Puyol, Pedro, Busquets and Jeffren arrived at 17 - if they are products of Barca, then Fabregas, who left at 16, is an Arsenal product.

Those ages are scoutable within the FM game - they should be a reflection of a "tendency to buy youth" - and I'm pretty sure the DB already has this PPM for managers (though I'm not sure it does for clubs).

Besides: if you looked at Man Utd at the end of the 90s, you'd say that they'd produced

Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, G. Neville, P. Neville, Wes Brown, John O'Shea

A similar proportion to that of Barca today. But they haven't added anyone to that list really - because they're been having a fallow period in their youth academy. Now Morrison, Cleverly, Pogba, Eikrem, Welbeck, Macheda, Petrucci etc. look like they might make the team in future, so it could swing back the other way. But they could fail, and Man Utd will have to keep buying.

So even teams that like youth players aren't guaranteed to be able to field a team of them. Barca spend A LOT more than even other big clubs on their pre-teen scouting, and there should be a way to reflect this in the game (lots of teams have 20 for youth facilities, so it's hard to differentiate) but 10 years ago they couldn't build a high-quality team from their academy, and 10 years from now they might not be able to either.

The pool could dry up in 5yrs, and in 10 Barca will have to rely on some new Rivaldo figure to carry them, instead of a home-grown alternative. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Barca buy lots of their players, they just do it before they turn 18 - like Arsenal (who they're always slagging off for "poaching" Fabregas).

Xavi and Valdes and Pique started at Barca

Iniesta arrived aged 12

Messi aged 14

Which is an impressive development record.

These ages are not scoutable on FM - so they must be a reflection of your academy (ie, the "tendency to use youth rather than buy")

But Puyol, Pedro, Busquets and Jeffren arrived at 17 - if they are products of Barca, then Fabregas, who left at 16, is an Arsenal product.

Those ages are scoutable within the FM game - they should be a reflection of a "tendency to buy youth" - and I'm pretty sure the DB already has this PPM for managers (though I'm not sure it does for clubs).

Besides: if you looked at Man Utd at the end of the 90s, you'd say that they'd produced

Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, G. Neville, P. Neville, Wes Brown, John O'Shea

A similar proportion to that of Barca today. But they haven't added anyone to that list really - because they're been having a fallow period in their youth academy. Now Morrison, Cleverly, Pogba, Eikrem, Welbeck, Macheda, Petrucci etc. look like they might make the team in future, so it could swing back the other way. But they could fail, and Man Utd will have to keep buying.

So even teams that like youth players aren't guaranteed to be able to field a team of them. Barca spend A LOT more than even other big clubs on their pre-teen scouting, and there should be a way to reflect this in the game (lots of teams have 20 for youth facilities, so it's hard to differentiate) but 10 years ago they couldn't build a high-quality team from their academy, and 10 years from now they might not be able to either.

The pool could dry up in 5yrs, and in 10 Barca will have to rely on some new Rivaldo figure to carry them, instead of a home-grown alternative. Or maybe not. Who knows?

I agree with what you are saying, but I think you missed my point slightly. I was not saying that players like puyol for example have been at barca since the day he started playing football, I am saying that Barca spend a lot of time and money scouting for young talent at amateur/semi pro sides etc and bring them into La Masia to develop them into the players they are today. When I say 'Tendency to use youth' etc i meant that they are more likely to look at the youth team for future players than buy a top class player as a permanent fixture in the team (buying Henry to fill the gap before Pedro was ready is the perfect example.) Yes Puyol, Jeffren, Sergi etc were brought in from other teams, they really learnt their craft with Barca, of course they had a natural talent for the game but I honestly don’t think that if Sergi Busquets stayed at UE Lleida he would be just as good as he is now?

I also cant agree with your statement of “but 10 years ago they couldn't build a high-quality team from their academy” – how much knowledge of Barca do you have? Players in our 1999 squad for example: Guardiola, Iván de la Peña, Sergi Barjuán, Gerard López, Xavi, Gabri García, Fernando Navarro, Mikel Arteta, José Manuel Reina, Víctor Valdés. Yes some featured more than others but every single one of them where from our academy and in our first team squad, and yes there were others who we bought, Cocu etc but that line up of ‘youth players’ alone would have challenged any team in the league.

Anyway just my opinion and this has gone way off topic and will be closed soon im sure, i sometimes get carried away talking about the club I love :)

On a similar topic, Gertjan Verbeek (Manager of AZ, for all you dummies who haven't heard of him) is the person who likes me, manager of Liverpool, the most. Despite the fact I have never played, bought any player off, or sold any player to AZ, or communicated with him in any way. This random dutch Manager is the manager who likes me most in the entire footballing world - shows my impact on the sport :-P

Archived