Precious Idiots

To those who spend all day on these forums here's a thought.

Some of us really don't have that much time on our hands.

The 'Search' options on these kit forums are bloody dreadful so stop suggesting that a post has been answered elsewhere unless you can prove it. By proving it I mean put the link to the post up.

You all clearly don't know where anything has been answered otherwise you'd be helpful and put the link up. You never do. You just have a vague recollection that someone mentioned it once.

Trawling through page upon page of your mindless pedantic arguments that bear no relation to the original thread is so tiring.

If you have nothing of use to write; don't.

...I can't wait for the green crayon brigade to respond to this.

I'd like to moan about this moaning thread about people moaning. Should anyone like to moan about this post, please go ahead.

But seriously, I agree that the search function of this forum isn't great, and the comment "it's your tactics" is getting old, but other than that, I think the forums are still pretty useful

If you have nothing of use to write; don't.

your nothing but a hypocrit, gtfo is my only advice.

and almost every post i read by a user saying "its been confirmed in another thread" usually follow "its a known issue, yeah others are stating this aswell, its a bug etc." do actually state an answer to that persons original question, it just comes with criticism of how they went about it (being lazy) and not bothering to check the correct area's for the info they wanted.

It would be handy to have a sticky checklist of issues (real or imagined) that SI have been made aware of. Busy forum like this and crap search engine and what the OP bemoans is always going to be inevitable.

Unfortunately, I suspect the marketing men in suits would not want to highlight such a list of things that are 'wrong' with their product until after it's been fixed. But then I'm a born cynic!! :D

It is never helpful to see the holier than thou, thought police, cliquey forum members with 1000's of posts ripping somebody's thread as we see here though.

Considering the op's chosen headline and antagonistic posting style in this case I'd say he got off lightly with the replies he's had in here.

Archived