The death of GD....

FM 2011 is a patch away from a great game  

86 members have voted

1. 1. FM 2011 is a patch away from a great game

Hey all,

Loving the game, all is going well.

Anyways I would like to ask is this game really that bad? I enjoy it and would like some criticism (constructive) or praise, or just general thoughts the game.

I feel as though GD has become a place where someone moans and one person goes, ITS A BUG!!!!!! or ergh so unplayable but the next minute they are off to the Team and Player forum raving about how good their side is. (Minor rant)

I feel the game is moving in the right direction and in a few weeks time the patch will make a good game, turn into a great one. Thoughts?

whilst i am enjoying the game greatly, i most choose the "strongly agree option in your poll. other than the slight annoyance of having to be careful how i talk to my players (which is being fixed in the patch apparently), and the major annoyance of having to save after every game due to random crashes (also apparently being fixed), i believe that this is a great game. i only hope that they dont change the match engine at all with the next patch. that will just ruin all the good work SI have done this year, as i think its as close to perfect as you can expect.

ps, nearly forget, selling players to be fixed aswell, then its defo the best FM so far.

thats just my opinion tho, what poll option is everyone else clicking on???

I have spotted the grammar error in the poll question. :( The poll is meant to be does the game need a patch to fix things whether to improve on the fact its good, or is this completely rubbish. That is what I was meant to say. It means people who love it and against the patch and people who hate it and don't think the game is up to standard will both vote strongly disagree.

Good idea, poor grammar and execution.

I am just trying to get some feedback, maybe even a bit of love for the game. Don't see much about due to the GD turning into bug rant threads.

Yeah, thats what I mean :D

But if you vote strongly agree, your saying the patch will make a good game better. And the slightly means their is doubts and issues about features or inability to improve much. And mixed allows for a bit of discussion

It depends on:

1) how many bugs will the patch(es) fix

2) how well those fixes will work

3) how many new issues will the patch(es) generate

Just think of last year's "superkeepers/horrid finishing/poor defending" triangle ;)

IF all the main issues (constipated transfer market, idiotic signings, schyzophrenic players) will be fixed, then FM2011 will be a good game.

Otherwise it'll still be somewhat enjoyable, mostly out of sheer addiction/habit (and to a chronic lack of viable competitors).

But in the end, even if it will become THE perfect game, it'll happen like three-four months from its release... Which is not exactly acceptable IMO. Videogaming is probably the only industry where you can publish and sell an unfinished product and get away with it...

I think that the OP needs to bare in mind that this threat reflects the general opinion of those playing the game. As monotonous as some as these complaints are, if the game's not up to scratch then its going to be reflected here.

Assuming I'm understanding the poll correctly, I've voted strongly agree. I think the game is good currently, but with 1 patch to fix the bugs, it will be a great game. The bugs don't make it unplayable by any means, just slightly irritating at times, and this is the only thing between it's being a good game and a great game

I like the game as it is alot, ok a few annoying parts which hopefully next patch will sort out.

But I don't like ALL software companies releasing work where the customer is basically the tester.

But I do like that SI work at fixing issues.

I think people only rant/complain/moan so much because they care and really want the game to be tip top. I am sure SI would prefer that than the opposite where nobody cares what state a certain game was released as, and subsequently don't bother buying it again.

Archived