Penalties are killing me

there are too many missed penalties from guys who should not be missing. if you have 17 or 18 rating for pens you should not be missing 50% of the time. landon donavan is my best example. in my game he misses 40% of his pens but in real life he almost never misses. there are just too many missed penalties.

As we speak I have just had another pen launched into row Z. I'm sure that this will be sorted out in the next patch. I also just won a penaly shoot-out by scoring 3 from 7. I am really enjoying FM11 and I think the patch support from SI is spot on. However there are 4 or 5 major bugs in this years release that really should have been spotted prior to going gold.

I rarely miss pen's but give away SO many. Aggression on my defenders isn't too high (14 and 12 respectively) and pressing/closing down is set to default (always middle then)

I swear its in double figures for the amount of pens I gave away last season, around the 15/20 mark.

Bloody annoying.

Yep, definitely another to add to the long list of broken things in the game.

Pirlo has now missed 3/3. He has over 18 for Penalties, Composure and Technique.

Si have already noticed that the conversion rate is too low. Not that big an issue since its universal (ai has the same problem), annoying but not the end of the world

• 3 weeks later...

This is clearly a bug.

I have Lukaku as penalty kicker (he has 18 in Penalty kick) and he misses 8 out of 10 penalties. No matter who is taking the penalty it seems that the player will miss > 50% of the penalties.

SI please fix this in the next patch!!!

Ive tried everyone as my penalty taker - van persie has missed 5/5 penalties, lukaku has missed 2/3, ashavin missed 1/1, nasri 2/2...

The only one to score more than one is one of my reserves, freedman, who scored two in the same match when none of the senior players were on the pitch (in the league cup).

In my last penalty shoot out against birmingham Lukaku scored the first penalty, and then I missed all the remaing ones and birmingham didnt score a single one!

Dont mean to be silly but if SIs response is that 'the conversion rate is too low' - well thats a pretty poor answer, it should be blindingly obvious to anyone who has actually played the game that penalties are infrequently scored - surely SI has some sort of statistics generator that they use on long holiday games to ensure that everything is working correctly - did they just miss that column or something?

It's strange how this happens so obviously to some, and yet others are completely unaffected. I wonder, since everything else seems to rely so heavily on morale, if the players who continue to inexplicably miss penalties have low morale? Whilst my main penalty taker, with a modest 13 for PKs, has put in all 6 this season, and all 7 the season before, missing only 1 of the 2 he had in the season before that (we've romped the league in the last two seasons and he's been my star striker, rarely without 'Superb' morale).

I don't have many problems with penalties, even saw a result in a cup game where the shoot-out finished 7-8 with only 3 missed pens (my team wasn't involved)

My 'penalty taker', i.e. the guy with highest stat for penalty taking has scored 1 of the 3 he's taken, thankfully he is rarely on the pitch (backup of the backup) and all the other pens I've had have been scored by whoever took them...

Archived