This would never happen!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fees unrealistic but plenty of players have switched from Barca to Real and vice versa.

:D:D:D Ronaldo is arguably the most important player in the Real Madrid team right now. The last player of such importance switching clubs was Luis Figo and that was only because Figo wanted to go..and not because Barcelona wanted to sell. If you can check the first image...Madrid offered Ronaldo to Barcelona.

The fees unrealistic but plenty of players have switched from Barca to Real and vice versa.

Ya I am sure Real Madrid will sell their best and most expensive player in the world to their most hated rivals. And I would be interested to know how many people do you define as your "plenty".

Some people, seriously.

:D:D:D Ronaldo is arguably the most important player in the Real Madrid team right now. The last player of such importance switching clubs was Luis Figo and that was only because Figo wanted to go..and not because Barcelona wanted to sell. If you can check the first image...Madrid offered Ronaldo to Barcelona.

And in this case, Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid. And he would have been offered to every club, not just Barca.

I all have to say is s**t happens.

I've been seeing a lot of people on here talking about the transfer bug. I kind of mind but I'm not making a big deal about it, I'm just going to wait til the 2nd patch comes out to fix it. I'm halfway through the first season as Inter and haven't really seen big name players leaving for their face value, but I have had problems with selling some of my players that I wouldn't have had with FM10.

And in this case, Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid.

This only the OP knows because nothing in the two images says that Ronaldo is unhappy and wants to leave the club...and given the transfer system in the game..nothing would surprise me.

And he would have been offered to every club, not just Barca.

For this..i will copy paste a small paragraph written in an article by The Independent about the Figo episode:

"The campaign for Barca's presidency that culminated in Gaspart's victory centred on the candidates' insistence that the Portuguese midfielder would not be allowed to go - and to Madrid of all places. But for Madrid to swipe Figo from Barca is comparable only with the defection of Di Stefano in the 1950s, a move engineered by the dictator Franco that Barca has never forgiven."

Even if the player is unhappy, a club does not offer him to their arch rivals. You need to only look at Heinze and Rooney episode to know that United would never have let their players go to Liverpool/Man City.

Ya I am sure Real Madrid will sell their best and most expensive player in the world to their most hated rivals. And I would be interested to know how many people do you define as your "plenty".

Some people, seriously.

Luis Figo was the "best" and one of the expensive player in the world at the time. Is this transfer unlikely and the circumstances badly implemented - yes. Is it totaly beyond the realms of possibilty - no. Other famous transfers include Laudrup and Schuster. I have no idea about transfers of lesser known players.

Some people, seriously.

Luis Figo? The other way round but it's the same situation.

Dont defend the game just for the sake of defending it. We all love the game but trying to justify a serious error will prove to be bad for the future development of the game. Get to know more about Figo transfer before comparing it with what had happened in the game...the Barcelona board was furious with the transfer and here you have the Madrid board offering Ronaldo to Barcelona..there is a big big difference between the two

Dont defend the game just for the sake of defending it. We all love the game but trying to justify a serious error will prove to be bad for the future development of the game. Get to know more about Figo transfer before comparing it with what had happened in the game...the Barcelona board was furious with the transfer and here you have the Madrid board offering Ronaldo to Barcelona..there is a big big difference between the two

I might be mistaken but is there currently a way to express this set of circumstance in the game? Surely it will just be represented to the best of the games ability. Please let me know what the press release / in game mail etc could have read instead?

Bottom line is Ronaldo is totally loyal to Real - as is Real to Ronaldo. It's a bondship and Real payed a lot of money for Roanldo. They are taking a €40m hit on this transfer. Where as Braca profited from greatly from Figo.

Look it is unrealisitic. Whether it's ficition or not, the game is meant to be realistic, that's the point.

Just a bit disappointed - that means that Messi could come to me and want to leave. And any fan of football will tell you that Messi has no desire to leave Barca

I might be mistaken but is there currently a way to express this set of circumstance in the game? Surely it will just be represented to the best of the games ability. Please let me know what the press release / in game mail etc could have read instead?

when you offer a player to clubs you have the option to exclude rival clubs.

Yes the game is meant to be realistic but as soon as you press "continue" it becomes an alternative reality. The game would be very boring if it panned out exactly like real life.

Don't get me wrong - the transfer issue with FM11 has some problems and often appears to be causing highly dubious transfers and fees but its not ruining the game and I am sure it will recieve a tweak. For some of us it hasnt appeared at all.

Ahh so such "incidents" are being coded into the game? So according to the game Ronaldo fought with Madrid board/manager and wanted to go to Barcelona? Now why did he want to do that...such "circumstances" are not in the game because it is impossible for them to occur. So unless it has been coded into the game that Ronaldo wants to go to Barcelona...then it really shows how broke the transfer system really is. Thats the reason why the game should not try to act smart and try to reflect real life incidents because it is a far from perfect piece. Regarding offering of the player..i dont know whether you noticed..but there is a simple check tab to exclude rival clubs...or are Barcelona and Madrid thick pals?

p.s: OP was Ronaldo unhappy?

There are just some things you want to be realistic - otherwise the game becomes too simple.

As Sunderland manager in FM 10 the board injected 30 - 80 m every 6 months. I was the best team in Europe in 5 seasons.

In FM11 I get offered the best player in the world for relatively nothing in terms of economic scales of reality and that just makes the game too unrealisitc that it's not fun.

i don't know if ronaldo was unhappy - he certainly is looking forward to the future now though. I never checked his happiness level, as mine was sooo high I went delirous and signed him no matter the cost.

real could have offered him at 150m and I'd have bid. That's the issue really. It's the price. And everyone knows that Real don't need the money. But offloading Ronaldo for 37m is a joke.

There are just some things you want to be realistic - otherwise the game becomes too simple.

As Sunderland manager in FM 10 the board injected 30 - 80 m every 6 months. I was the best team in Europe in 5 seasons.

In FM11 I get offered the best player in the world for relatively nothing in terms of economic scales of reality and that just makes the game too unrealisitc that it's not fun.

Well I wish I got offered the best player in the world for nothing. Atm in my 3rd season I have to pay through the nose and the wages aske are insane (that another issue right there). I am not denying the problem I am merely denying the severity of the issue.

Also what some of us are stating is that transfers of major players between rivals is uncommmon but not unheard of - and as such you would expect it to happen at least a few times in the millions of saves being played right now.

Ronaldo became unhappy in my game too. I'm managing Manchester United and actually bought him back from Real for £37m. Would never, ever, ever happen but I can't complain too much!

Exactly. But I'm not complaining about the best player in the world joining me :D I'm just saying it wouldn't happen - not in my first season in charge and not for a rival club. I know it's happened in the past with other players, but I feel that times have changed and this isn't as realistic as it could be.

well if he was unhappy, i don't see why it wouldn't happen. on my save i had a fight with my best player and dumped him in reserves for a year then sold him for half of his real price just to get rid of the idiot. i would be happy if he went to my rival and made trouble in their dressing room.

So that becomes realistic? You are flogging a player for whatever amount you can get. we are not talking about the best player at a club joining a rival club..that has already happened. What we are talking about is the supposed realistic nature of the transfer system in the game. While the actions you take may or may not be realistic, SI are marketing the game as the most realistic footie sim and offering your best player to your rival club for such a cheap amount (compared to his value) is unrealistic. Dont forget that in real life, you as a manager dont have any control over who goes where...that is in the hands of your board..so even if in real life you would be willing to sell your star player to a rival club, your board would not agree to it

Luis Figo was the "best" and one of the expensive player in the world at the time. Is this transfer unlikely and the circumstances badly implemented - yes. Is it totaly beyond the realms of possibilty - no. Other famous transfers include Laudrup and Schuster. I have no idea about transfers of lesser known players.

Some people, seriously.

Haha and I was hoping you could come up with something better than that. Is it possible that Cristiano Ronaldo wanted to leave? Well yes, I have seen it happen. Is it possible that Real Madrid wouldn't mind making a huge financial loss on a 80-million player? Possible, but already on shaky ground. Is it possible that Real Madrid would want to make a huge loss and OFFER their best player to their most hated rivals for a value less than half of what they paid? No way. Even if Ronaldo wanted to leave, the most likely scenario is that Real Madrid would still keep him against his wishes, and only resort to selling him as the last resort. And they would offer to cash cows like Chelsea and Man City, not Barcelona.

Figo was a different case. Barcelona made a huge profit (they bought Figo for 2.5 mill iirc), Figo wanted to leave, and Real Madrid made one of the biggest transfers ever with a huge transfer price for its time. Here, 37 mill is peanuts. Well, peanuts to Real Madrid anyway :(

The transfer system is flawed, get on with it.

the point is, even if real were trying to move c. ronaldo in a hurry, they would expect more money. they could have sought WAY more money and still have bids coming in.

of course, they also wouldn't sell their star player to their arch rivals.

In the end, it's the money that makes this absolutely ridiculous.

but we have an american billionaire owner who often gives us cash injections............. for example he gave us 100 million of his own money (no bank loans) last season and when he gives interviews on SAFC.com he always says he will give the manager his full backing financially....... so aslong as you were doing well for sunderland..... it is possible

Lol @ people defending this.

I love how these threads have to be so black and white. People only read what they want to read and dont actualy see what people are posting.

Is this transfer pretty unrealistic - yes.

Is this transfer totaly ridiculous and game breaking - no.

Is this transfer happening in every save - no.

I dont see anyone trying to suggest there isnt a problem with the transfer system - wage demands being another problem. Its the scale of the problem that I take issue with. If its breaking your game experience then that a real shame. As I say I can only accurately comment on my current save.

I love how these threads have to be so black and white. People only read what they want to read and dont actualy see what people are posting.

I dont see anyone trying to suggest there isnt a problem with the transfer system - wage demands being another problem. Its the scale of the problem that I take issue with. If its breaking your game experience then that a real shame. As I say I can only accurately comment on my current save.

Of course, if it isn't happening in your save then it isn't a problem for you. I'm only 18 months into my save, and Ronaldo hasn't been offered to clubs yet. Tevez has been offered for almost half of his market value though, and I'm the only team interested. I rejected the offer as Liverpool because it was so stupid, and a few minutes later lost interest in the game completely. And it isn't just Tevez, any player on my shortlist is offered to me for market value as soon as they become unhappy and hand in a transfer request. Some people will defend the game no matter what. I have always loved these games, but I'm actually really annoyed at SI for having the cheek to charge money for this year's offering. I waited until the hotfix came out to start a save, as I like playing in Spain at some point in my career. And now there is this. I wasted enough time playing the game, not gonna waste anymore time on here arguing about it lol!

I genuinely cannot believe that people are saying "oh well, it happens will just wait for the 2nd patch" it's not good enough at all. Look, I like playing FM and have bought the game for years but I'm not going to sit here and just act like all is fine, things like the OP are happening in every game and it's unacceptable.

Is this thread talking about the specific problem of Ronaldo moving to Barcelona - no

Is this thread talking about the overall transfer bug in the game - yes

Does the transfer bug remove all the enjoyment out of the game for many FM players - yes

The same could be said of you regarding how people only read what they want to read. Couple of years into the season if a lower league team can sign high quality players due to a serious bug in the game, then for many the enjoyment and satisfaction of realistically building a team goes off. How cant it be a game breaking bug if a team such as Sunderland or West Ham can sign Tevez just two seasons into the game?

The problem is too many players are transfer listed at their market price, and nobody is interested! I have seen Aquilani available for 5 million for about 2 years now, and no one has snapped him up. Same goes for Tevez until I bought him. Isn't that weird? I offered Ramires out to people for free and not a single soul was interested and he left after his contract expired. It can be gamebreaking for some people who just want a more balanced transfer market. And the thing is the big teams are weakening themselves by making their top players unhappy and selling them. That can make the game a tad too easy.

the transfer system on this version is a bit pants, but on the plus side ive managed to get jo, micah richards, nedum onuoha and daniel sturridge all for less than £3 million

its like any "bug" on the game its upto you if you want to exploit it or not

oh well that's okay then isn't it? No wonder SI can churn out this year after year if people are just going to shrug and say "oh well you can exploit if you want"

oh well that's okay then isn't it? No wonder SI can churn out this year after year if people are just going to shrug and say "oh well you can exploit if you want"

no game is ever perfect, id go out on a limb to say fm is probably one of the more complicated games to programme

the other arguement is that if SI had a see-saw of people, with the people who moan about bugs on one-side and people who will moan about release dates on the other, the bug side will be up so far in the air they'd have to warn air traffic control

at least they listen to the punters and aim to fix the problems, can you imagine the out cry if the game got released in febuary but with no bugs what so ever?

no game is ever perfect, id go out on a limb to say fm is probably one of the more complicated games to programme

the other arguement is that if SI had a see-saw of people, with the people who moan about bugs on one-side and people who will moan about release dates on the other, the bug side will be up so far in the air they'd have to warn air traffic control

at least they listen to the punters and aim to fix the problems, can you imagine the out cry if the game got released in febuary but with no bugs what so ever?

No offense intended but that it the sort of vintage "fanboy" answer that has been the problem here. No one here is saying that SI is a bad company or that they do not listen to their customers or that they do not fix the issues that come up. Those are the good things that has made FM one of the best PC games. However that is no excuse for some really shoddy testing prior to the release of the patch. In order to fix some initial problems, they have opened up a large number of other problems which clearly suck the enjoyment out of the game. What was the necessity to release the patch on the release date? I believe people would have happily waited for another week to 10 days if SI said that they need more time for testing rather than now waiting for another month for a new patch to come up.

Do you think the Real board would accept the sale of Ronaldo for 37m after making him the most expensive player in the world, ever!

To prove you wrong, Sneijder left Real last summer in '09 to Inter on a yr long loan and was sold to them for waaaay less than they both him for. Barca did the same with Zlatan to Milan and at the end of the current campaign Milan gets him for half the amount Barca bought him for also.

To prove you wrong, Sneijder left Real last summer in '09 to Inter on a yr long loan and was sold to them for waaaay less than they both him for. Barca did the same with Zlatan to Milan and at the end of the current campaign Milan gets him for half the amount Barca bought him for also.

To prove you wrong Snejider was hardly considered the most important player of the Real Madrid team..and where did he go..to Barcelona? Atletico Madrid? no..to Inter Milan..same goes for Ibrahimovic..Inter sold him because they got a great offer as well as a better striker..Barcelona sold him because he was not putting in his 100 percent each and every time and was a bit unsuitable to their tactics..again where did he go? to Real Madrid or Espanyol...he went to Milan..

Archived