What Will Happen To My Small Team?

Just posted in lower league thread and got head chewed by a jobsworth.

I always always start as spurs or man city or some serie a teams and I always end up bored 3 seasons in. I want to start a lower league game probally in the blue square. Is there a thread giving advice on these teams.

Also is it actually possible to get them up the leagues without cheating, has someone genuinley done it. If the team has a rating of say 700 as I move up the leagues could this increase or is this rating fixed throughout the game. Is the game clever enough to develop the team status?

Cheers

Also is it actually possible to get them up the leagues without cheating, has someone genuinley done it. If the team has a rating of say 700 as I move up the leagues could this increase or is this rating fixed throughout the game. Is the game clever enough to develop the team status?

Yes. It's a few versions since I stuck with one team all the way up, but yeah team reputations change over time based on results.

You should stop by the CSE forum, there are plenty of challenges based around the small-club-to-big-club concept. Club reputation has been dynamic for a long time, and now that league reputation and money is as well there's very little stopping you from turning a tiny club into a world class powerhouse. :)

The short answer is yes, to all of your questions posed.

As you progress through the leagues your clubs reputation will rise. A couple of years ago I got Havant and W up to the Premier League, and signed some fairly reputable players.

It is possible, but it's not easy! Just pick a club that you like the look of, as you'll be spending a long time with them! (and don't give up!)

Paul

Turnip wrote a very civil and informative response. If you had actually bothered to read the LLM forum header before posting what you did in there, then you would have known you will not get any advice of that nature in the LLM forum.

If you post in any forum with a disregard for their rules/ethics, you can expect to be chewed.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237750-What-Will-Happen-To-My-Small-Team is the thread in question.

i'm surprised at how nice they responded.

i posted in there years ago and got destroyed, and i've heard many horror stories.

the fact that they informed you that you were asking in the wrong place, calmly pointed out the rules of the forum, which the OP had broken and still offered some advice and still the OP complains /o\

Avoid that forum. There's a very faous challenge by dafuge that loads of people have joined. The idea is to manage a club that gets promoted into the BSS/BSN and stick with them. Dafuge himself won more trophies than Sir Alex with Tooting & Mitchum in FM10. You can read about his and others'experiences in the thread in the challenge forum. The challenge has strict rules, but the guys are far more friendly than that lot.

I've just started with FC United myself. I'm hoping that by the time FM12 is out, I'll be knocking on the door of the Premier League.

I always always start as spurs or man city or some serie a teams and I always end up bored 3 seasons in. I want to start a lower league game probally in the blue square. Is there a thread giving advice on these teams.

Cheers

Deffo possible to get a team from the BSP all the way up without cheating. In FM10 I took Oxford from the blue square prem and ended up winning the Champions League, Europa league and the Premiership 5 times. Most enjoyable FM save ever for me. Took me 8 season to win the prem, no cheating at all.

Playing as Mansfield this time round.

I've done it before and I'm currently attempting to get Boreham Wood to the top flight. The only difficulty really is money. Wage budgets are really tight and this means that you can't bring in many new players at first.

When you join the club you'll have a bunch of dead weight players to control and offloading them is impossible. They'll usually refuse a mutual termination and cancelling their contract will cost lots of money too. The only option is to try and survive until all the dead weights contracts run out. Then you can release them on a free and be able to bring in your own players. So basically if you survive the first two seasons with the squad you have then you can start to improve.

Also lower league clubs generally only allow one coach (which is basically your assman) so training + fitness is hard to keep on top of. Once you become established then you can ask the board for more coaches.

Top tip#1: before you start your game, make sure you load Reunion players from the database. You'll be glad you did :)

Top tip #2: Try and do as well as you can in the FA Trophy + FA cup as prize money is the only way to keep the club afloat in the first few seasons!

Archived