Transfer bids always twice of player value?

Playing FM2010 and I'm now getting this. The only transfers bids I get are all twice the player value. Started happening after it was late late into a game with Stafford (203x) now its happening to other saves as well like in my PSG save (its only 2011). I don't think its a FMRTE issue because it happens with new saves as well. Has this happened to anyone?

Value is based on the contract length and wages, player's skills, and player's results on the pitch. It does not mean how much a certain club will sell the player for. A club can have a certain value for a player, such as a captain, in which you are going to have to pay up for that player, that is why a transfer value may be double or even triple the "vaule"

Yeah, its impossible to sell a uneeded player for too much money.

Value is based on the contract length and wages, player's skills, and player's results on the pitch. It does not mean how much a certain club will sell the player for. A club can have a certain value for a player, such as a captain, in which you are going to have to pay up for that player, that is why a transfer value may be double or even triple the "vaule"

Did you even read the OP

I've never found it difficult to sell unwanted players. Never had all bids twice the players value either. I used to find I could get more for my unwanted players than I thought they'd get in real life.

Vorinin and benayoun are cases in point.

Agree but AI doesn't accept twice the value for unwanted players.

There seems to be a bit of confusing here. I am the one SELLING the players. I just offer the players at some price, no matter what the price is. The clubs come back always, ALL THE CLUBS, come back always with double his regular player value. Could it be that edits in the DB? (Even though I'm not running them). I'm trying to see what makes it happen because it doesn't happen always. Something must be triggering it.

its because you are buying players the selling club doesn't want to sell! If you look around, enquire over several players, negotiate, you can get a good deal. If I have an £8m striker, who is in good form, looks good in all areas I am certianly not selling for £8m, I want as much as I can get - thats what the AI is doing.

its because you are buying players the selling club doesn't want to sell! If you look around, enquire over several players, negotiate, you can get a good deal. If I have an £8m striker, who is in good form, looks good in all areas I am certianly not selling for £8m, I want as much as I can get - thats what the AI is doing.

I suggest you try and read the OP again.

Yes! finally a thread for this!

I am a supporter of Reading who are of course in the npower championship, and when i want to sign one of the top talents or rising starts from the league they are usually valued at around 1million - 2million which is a fair price for a championship standard player. Although due to the importance of the player to the club, i end up forking out about 2-4 million for him?! whats up with that?!

OP has said he is selling players, not buying. He is offering players out and getting surprisingly high bids, not trying to buy players.

It seems odd, as it is more common that a team doesn't meet the asking price. Why they would choose to exceed what you want is strange indeed.

I am the one SELLING.

Have you recently downloaded something in order to make the game play without the disc or without using steam?...

No. And this problem has been happening WITH and WITHOUT FMRTE. So its not something I modded. Only thing I changed lately is that have a custom db active but the saves I've been running do not have the custom db running. I've disabled the custom db and it still is happening. I might still be the db. BTW I MADE the db. All I did was add one player to the db. Thats the only thing I can think of but it should't make a difference as the DB change isn't active. Not active in the save and NOT active at all. But the file is there. Just NOT being used.

Again, I'm SELLING. This happens to ALL the players.

I have about like 5 players I want to SELL. I offer all 5 to the world. I get back bids for 4 out of the 5 players EXACTLY twice the PLAYER VALUE. Note I said PLAYER value. Not the transfer offered value. Just player value. The 5th player is only a bit more because it was the one that a big club like Barca or Madrid kept whining they wanted and I ended up offering it the SAME DAY the manager released a comment to the media he wanted my player. EVEN then the offer for that play is at times EXACTLY twice the PLAYER value.

I just tried it, again. Lewis Harrison is a newgen. Valued at $14.5m. Juve, Chels, Barca all offer $29m (which is twice the player value). Arsenal offers $31m and some other incentives. The other players I get transfer values exactly double as well unless his PLAYER value is at $45m or the sort and since double would be $90m they don't even bother making a offer.

What I think is happening is this.For example, I've have a striker valued at $45m. The PC is seeing it as $90m and says its too much even though I offer him for $66m or $90m or $120m. Either way the PC reads only $90m and WON'T BID. Now if I offer him for anything less than $45m they tend to be interested because then he is a very cheap signing. Now would you sell a Messi or a Cristiano Ronaldo for EXACTLY$90m? For less than $45m? No on both cases. The player is the best striker in the world why sell him for pennies because of a bug?

Also note: If the player is valued at $10m. And I offer him for $8m they won't bid $20m. They will bid the $8m. If offer him to the clubs for $37m they won't offer $37m. They will offer only $20m for MY player. They only make a bid for whichever is lower (the price I slap on or the TWICE player value, whichever is lower). So TWICE player value is the cap the PC will bid for my player.

Again this happens to about 4 out of 5 players. It's not all players. But it does happen to quite a bit of players. Even players that clubs keep whine to the press that they want.

I did it with a new save. Just DELETED my custom db. And this happens

Sakho Player Value: $23.5m

Price I offer Sakho to clubs: $66m

Price clubs return with for Sakho: $47m

Price I offer Sakho to clubs: $47.5m

Price clubs return with for Sakho: $47m

Price I offer Sakho to clubs: $46m

Price clubs return with for Sakho: $46m

See the cap is $47m which is twice his player value. I get like 7 bids back for him. Why wouldn't one club offer $47.5m? Even if i renegotiate all the bids to $47.5m they will all withdraw the bids saying its too high. BEFORE (like a few weeks back, to a few months bacl) one club would normally offer something different, if not initially, then during renegotiation. But lately its this double player value cap.

only thing i've changed is the custom db but I've deleted it and it was never active anyways.

Archived