Skins for the demo

Can you confirm there'll be a dark skin available at launch? I've sensitive eyes, it's almost unplayable (without setting my usually-ok monitor right down low) - can understand with the demo, but won't buy right away if it'll be an issue on the full game.

I've uninstalled till a dark skin is out, i get migranes and that skin is horrific on the eyes. I've read elsewhere SI staff saying dark skin didn't come out with release last year. It did, i've just reinstalled my fm10 copy and it's there. Major disappointment.

I cant believe there isnt a dark skin for launch, they had one for 10 so why was this dropped for 11?

It hurts the eyes with a skin like that and people wont be able to makes skins for a while so many of us wont be able to actually play the game at launch. At least put it in the launch day patch if there is one.

I've uninstalled till a dark skin is out, i get migranes and that skin is horrific on the eyes. I've read elsewhere SI staff saying dark skin didn't come out with release last year. It did, i've just reinstalled my fm10 copy and it's there. Major disappointment.

The dark skin came with a patch, did it not?

Love the demo. But have hated the skin for the past few years. I almost forget that the game is shipped with it, because I get a different skin ASAP. Makes me wonder what other people think when they play the game and don't know about the possibility of altering skins etc.

Real let down.

First of all, Flux is not a skin, it's an application which changes the ambience of your screen.

Secondly, within a few days/weeks of the full game being released, you will be able to find a number of skins available on www.sortitoutsi.net, but I don't know if anyone will be making a skin for the demo.

Just a quick heads up guys its www.sortitoutsi.net

Another plea to SI for a darker skin. The demo is unplayable for someone with sensitive or poor vision such as myself. Gonna try this flux thing.....

there is a dark skin on release through the day 1 patch

day 1 patch has the new liverpool takeover as well as a dark skin patch and any other issues

Ok guys, I've come up with a bit of a solution to the white skin issue. If you're like me the biggest problem I had with the skin was that the small white mouse cursors kept vanishing into the white background and I spent more time hunting for the mouse on my screen then playing the game. I found a way to fix this.

Using this thread as a road map: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/172986-Pointers-and-Mouse-Icons-Can-they-be-changed?highlight=mouse

I extracted the graphics.fmf file as instructed and opened all the cursors in the cursors folder that you get when you extract the file into my paint program. Any paint or photoshop program should work. I then doubled the size of all the cursors and changed the white cursors to the red that I use for my normal large cursors. I then rebuilt the archive and placed it back into the demo and it made a HUGE difference.

NOTE however that there are 2 issues relating to the demo that aren't addressed in the original post I linked to above:

1) The path to the graphics.fmf file isn't the same. On my Win Vista computer it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011 demo\data

2) There is no resource archiver that comes with the demo. Instead I reinstalled FM10 just to get the added tool and used it. It worked perfectly.

Hope this helps folks.

Archived