It feels like a break up...

This may sound extremely sad but the thought of uninstalling fm10 has got me feeling it's a little like breaking up with a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Although I've played many versions of the game, I used to only play for a couple of seasons (5 max) and then just quit and start again. This has been the first version of the game I've really got into, not sure whether this is down to my age (19) or not but none of the less I've enjoyed FM10.

I'm currently Chelsea and in the year 2030 and my team is full of great regens, who I've brought up or worked my backside off 'tapping' up by releasing comments praising them to unsettle them in to a move . I find selling a regen hard enough but having to say goodbye to them forever is something that I've compared to with breaking up with a partner.

My first girlfriend and I were together for 18 months before she dumped me on a cold autumn evening (no doubt I'll be uninstalling FM10 on a cold autumn evening) and it hit me hard. It took me a while to realise that we wouldn't be doing the things (not those things) that made one another smile, the little jokes that only the two of us understood etc. Just like the connection you have with FM and your regens, no longer will I be able to see one of my star striker regens bang in a hat-trick or cheer out loud when another bags in a last-minute winner to take three vital points.

Obviously I know eventually I'll get this satisfaction on FM11 but uninstalling FM10 and losing all the regens and the hard work I've put in for the first time and knowing that I won't get these lads back and won't be able to play with the same bunch of guys again is a little bit like that first 'heart-break'.

Tell me experienced gamers does the uninstalling process get easier?

Anyone else think the same?

I just uninstalled FM10 as I have just sold it online so I can put the dosh towards FM11. If I was into a massive save it would be gut wrenching, but fortunatly (depending on how you look at it) I finished my career save a few weeks back and have been soley living on the anticipation of FM11:) Not long now!

There is a simple solution - don't uninstall. Just keep playing it, or even if you move onto FM11 you can keep it on your PC. I've got FM08, FM09 and FM10 on this PC and have no intention of removing any of them.

Oh, and you also need to grow a pair!

There is a simple solution - don't uninstall. Just keep playing it, or even if you move onto FM11 you can keep it on your PC. I've got FM08, FM09 and FM10 on this PC and hae no intention of removing any of them.

Oh, and you also need to grow a pair!

This. I don't understand why people are so desperate to uninstall!

mine was worse, if you did see my recent thread. I think it looks this F10 might be the last FM game I might be buying, cant afford FM11 so who knows, I can always play FM10 ha ! There were ALMOST tears in my eyes when i realised I couldn't afford to get FM11

mine was worse, if you did see my recent thread. I think it looks this F10 might be the last FM game I might be buying, cant afford FM11 so who knows, I can always play FM10 ha ! There were ALMOST tears in my eyes when i realised I couldn't afford to get FM11

Just wait and buy it when it gets really cheap. You can get FM10 for a tenner now, for instance.

hahah some of these post made me laugh, poor sod aye!!! dont bother unistalling it mate just keep it.

i got fm 08 09 10 installed on mine, even got bloody championship manager 4 and 99/00 season, and bloody usm 98 :)

Archived