A-League Different In FM11?

I really enjoyed managing in Australia on FM10 well to be more accurate New Zealand as I was manager of Wellingont Phoenix. I was just wondering if anything has changed about the A-League such as marquee players and other player rules. I do not know if it has changed in real life, anyone with any knowledge of Australian football know if anything will be different?

I am sure I heard somewhere that there will be a couple more teams joining the league.

Nothing yet has been announced regarding the A-league hopfully they will be implementing the new 2010 rules regarding the squads becasue last year you could have a Marquee player and a Junior Marquee player but this year IRL you can also have a Australian Marquee player.

there will be a new expansion team which will be the Melbourne Heart FC the other announced expansion team the Sydney Rovers FC dosn't enter the league IRL until 2011 so i doubt SI will put the team in until FM2012

Have anyone heard any news about the state of the club Wellington Phoenix? Couple years ago they said they would kick the team out of the A-League because they're not based on the AFC...

Nothing has been confirmed yet by the AFC though.

The AFC Champions League is also due to be restructured next season, but they haven't said a peep about it.

Nothing has been confirmed yet by the AFC though.

The AFC Champions League is also due to be restructured next season, but they haven't said a peep about it.

Again? Didn't they change the format a couple years ago...unless you're talking about the Assessment Rankings update?

This season another Melbourne team has joined, Melbourne Heart. I think more teams are scheduled to join in the next few years, but information about them is still scarce so I don't think they'll be incoporated into FM11.

I would imagine that for legal reasons (damn them!) that SI aren't allowed to guess at future expansions of the A-League, changes of rules, or additions of teams/divisions unless they're all signed and sealed in real life. I reckon Heart will be in there, but you're right that no others will.

My major concern about the A-league is with dynamic rep and dynamic prize money and how it will affect the salery cap. If I go and win everything in Australia and asia for 5 years will my rep increase sufficiently and if so, will I be hamstrung by the salery cap? Or will that be dynamic too rising and falling with the league rep?

Why wont it go up? It is there to spread the talent and prevent a top4 situation. If the league's rep is increased, bigger crowds, more money for all. Why cant the cap increase more? It already does in fm10. Watch it. After 2 season it goes up by a mil in aussie dollars I think. I know it goes up just not the number.

If I'm not mistaken in previous versions of FM I played quite a bit of A-League and there were gradual increases in the salary cap at least for the first few seasons. Hopefully they can implement an effective system in that it will increase as the league rep and value of the clubs do.

The salary cap is there to prevent domination by a couple of teams however it is also there in order to prevent clubs spiralling into debt and ultimately being removed from the league

Maybe, I don't really know, I think somebody said that prize money was fixed due to legal reasons in a thread somewhere, but I'm not going to trawl through all the threads looking for it.

If I'm not mistaken in previous versions of FM I played quite a bit of A-League and there were gradual increases in the salary cap at least for the first few seasons

Isn't that happening in the actual A-league though? If so, then they would be 'official' increases.

The only problem that the AFC have with the Phoenix is that NZ & Aus players are counted as "homegrown" for the Phoenix, and that the team is based in NZ.

The latest is that FIFA have approved the Phoenix in the A-League til 2015/16 season, but the AFC have come with the below:

Eligibility of clubs to participate in AFC Champions League

Football Federation Australia

Renewal of Wellington Phoenix FC’s license in the Hyundai A-League was approved by FIFA until 2016. AFC acknowledged the extension of Wellington Phoenix FC’s license and its participation in Australia Competitions. As FIFA/AFC/OFC agreement, clubs from Australia will be dealt with like it is now.

Only Australian clubs can participate in ACL and highest placed eligible clubs will take ACL spots reserved for clubs from A-League in case Wellington Phoenix FC wins the first, second position in the A-League, or wins the cup tournament.

This means if Phoenix finish 1st in the league, or win the Final then the next best placed team would qualify for the ACL...

The Marque system has changed. There is Oz Marque and International marque as recently evidenced by Melb Victory's signing of Ricardinho.

Haven't played HAL in fm 10 yet, but I always wanted the Injury replacement clause in the game. One gets an injury or two, and squad numbers are already established, its really hard to play. IRL though, one can sign short term deals.

The Marque system has changed. There is Oz Marque and International marque as recently evidenced by Melb Victory's signing of Ricardinho.

Haven't played HAL in fm 10 yet, but I always wanted the Injury replacement clause in the game. One gets an injury or two, and squad numbers are already established, its really hard to play. IRL though, one can sign short term deals.

the injury replacement rule is probably the dumbest rule in football anywhere in the world. I honestly wouldn't mind if it wasn't included.

The only problem that the AFC have with the Phoenix is that NZ & Aus players are counted as "homegrown" for the Phoenix, and that the team is based in NZ.

The latest is that FIFA have approved the Phoenix in the A-League til 2015/16 season, but the AFC have come with the below:

This means if Phoenix finish 1st in the league, or win the Final then the next best placed team would qualify for the ACL...

Is it similar with Welsh teams, I read a few newspaper articles saying Cardiff would not get into the Europa League during their FA Cup run. On FM they still get into all European competitions.

Is it similar with Welsh teams, I read a few newspaper articles saying Cardiff would not get into the Europa League during their FA Cup run. On FM they still get into all European competitions.

Apparantly Platini has said UEFA will allow them entry should Welsh teams qualify for Europe in England.

I think this is a bit different because New Zealand is in a different confederation (Oceania) altogether.

the injury replacement rule is probably the dumbest rule in football anywhere in the world. I honestly wouldn't mind if it wasn't included.

Why is it the dumbest? There is a squad cap of players. A player gets a long term injury and thus a club should be able to replace him for that time without being disadvantaged.

Thake the Player cap out and you wouldn't need that rule.

Anyway, should be in teh game to be accurate.

Why is it the dumbest? There is a squad cap of players. A player gets a long term injury and thus a club should be able to replace him for that time without being disadvantaged.

Thake the Player cap out and you wouldn't need that rule.

Anyway, should be in teh game to be accurate.

Of course you wouldn't think it is you're a victory fan. :p

The cap is at 23 players, which imo is enough if you throw a few versatile players in. Just ebcause you have a bunch of injuries doesn't mean you should be able to go and grab another player, particularly from another club in the same league like melbourne did.

As mentioned before, the Phoenix aren't eligible for the ACL.

Other things, like minimum squad size IRL is 20 and needs to be confirmed by 1 August. Transfer window still closes end of August.

The Phoenix do have a youth team, so all those regens you get can now get game time.

=701&tx_ttnews[backPid]=10&cHash=55004bef0a"]http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=701&tx_ttnews[backPid]=10&cHash=55004bef0a

This is an issue for Australia/NZ/Oceania. Basically the 8 NZFC teams (now ASB Premiership) play midweek games against Phoenix reserves for cash in the ASB Phoenix challenge.

Oceania Nations Cup needs fixing. Seriously impacts all NZers, especially the Phoenix, playing in the A League.

Guest stint is not available, nor is injury cover. Not sure if youth marquee was ever setup in FM10 and as stated before australian marquee (might need clarification if this includes NZers playing for the Phoenix)

Also annoying but not necessarily an A League issue, is A League clubs letting socceroo capped players go free who end up signing for NZFC clubs for only a few hundred $ a week.

Would be nice to see Sydney Rovers programmed to start the following season, might have to pick a random stadium and coaching setup but then they should be able to fill their roster until the 2011/2012 season starts and they have a full roster.

Also, transfer fees between A League clubs. I haven't read anywhere that the FFA have allowed this and players should only be able to move on free transfers/loans between A League clubs. This also affects players moving from state league teams to A League teams, unrealistic to purchase a state league player (as I have done for more than $500k at times). I think there is a sort of tribunal/nominal fee of only $3000 paid to state clubs for players that get signed by A League teams, which I think is paid for by the FFA (not sure what happens for players signed from the NZFC).

The a league salary cap is fixed to the CPI I think, or has a fixed increase built into it. Also, not sure how you would include improved TV deals, the current deal expires in 3 years (?) and would easily be an improvement on the current deal - 4 more teams, more games, bigger profile and inflation, so more $ for clubs. I would imagine very hard to implement.

More here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/153182-Australia-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Archived