Shortest Stint at a club?

ahh financial reasons, cant say I have ever left due to that as when you take over the sort of sides you generally get in a Journeyman save you are aware that 700 a week would be a fortune, I started at Clachnacuddin FC in Scotland, wage budget was 250 pound a week!

Do you play a journeyman save or just decided the Danish 3rd was the way to go?

shouldn't this thread be renamed "Have you ever done a Steve Coppell"? ;)

I made the mistake of joining a lower league Italian team in a journeyman save once without properly checking the squad compared to the rest of the league, it was a challenge to big for mortal man so I lasted less than a month.

On Fm08, I'd just left a very successful EPL side (I can't for the life of me remember who, but the chairman sold one of my star players without asking me), and took the next job available - Conference side York. I signed in 4 or 5 players purely on my reputation and relationships with other managers, hammered two sides in my next games (my reputation fired everyone up :D ), then, with my ego well and truly stoked, EPL topping Arsenal offered me their job.

I think it was probably about 8 days in January.

Shortest in english football was Leroy Rosenior, Torquay re signed him but an 35 minutes later the owner sold up, the new chairman wasn't interested so sacked him.

for me 33 days. Got offered the Chester job took it, then got offered the Rushden job. Blood is thicker than water, as they say.

great stories there, the shortest stint before resigning for me as said in OP was 18, my shortest before being sacked was 98, i took over bottom placed Bolton (08) in roughly end of jan/feb, kept them up on the final day and got sacked cause they wanted mid table. Im sure this has been fixed since as they generally dont take the position into account anymore if you take over quite late anymore

3 days at Serie B basement club Modena. I joined around deadline day in Jan, signed about 12 new free transfers, saw the Spurs job and promptly ran off with it like a randy old goat. With my new players signed Modena went out of Serie B with a whimper. I felt a bit... bad.

I left Den Bosch after 10 and half years, having won 6 league titles and the UEFA cup. Thought id take over at Hibs until the end of the season as they were 2nd in the SPL and had an outside chance of a title challenege.

As soon as I joined I knew it was a mistake and 3 games and 20 days later I left for an underperforming Man Utd who offered me 80k a week.

One day at Fulham.

This was in the days that you could fine players for no reason.

I wanted to clear out my entire squad, and use the money to build a better one. So I fined everybody for no reason, in order for them to be happy to leave the club.

I was sacked the next day for ruining the squad harmony.

7 days at Southampton, I joined them from Prem league runners up Gillingham (yeah things are much different on one of my games).

The saints were 2 points from safety on the final day against my Gillingham, as a Southampton fan I wanted to keep them up and then who knows, win the league? I made a big mistake, Gillingham were too strong. I tied 1-1 but that left us a point from staying up.

As a continental manager I didn't want to be in the Championship again so I left my beloved saints.

The following season Gillingham won the Prem league, Southampton lost in the Playoff Semi Finals.

I knew I could have sent out a really weak team as Gillingham manager to keep the saints up, but I thought keeping the saints up and then doing well as their manager would have been the best possible way to start a stint at a club.

13 days as brazil manager in which i won the world cup, started the world cup as nigeria manger didnt score a goal but then the brazil job came up i took that won it then left the next day.

tried it again in the confederations cup 3 years later but lost the final to argentina =(

My housemate spent 3 days at Notts County on FM06 after he issued an unsucessful ultimatum to the Cheltanham bored after they wouldnt give him any money for transfers after he had guided them to the Championship in 3 seasons.

Archived