One Thing to Make Football Manager more Realistic.

Ok i just finished a season with Burnley, finished in 10th place on my first season, 1 place behind Arsenal who were in 9th. Arsenal haven't even obtained a european spot yet NONE of their top players are saying they want out, like Fabregas, hes not wanted by anyone and he doesnt say hes unhappy where he is. You think in real life a top player like Fabregas or Van Persie would want to move on to a team that are expected title challengers going to 9th place. It just doesn't seem realistic that Arsenal have the same team in the new season (and are in 15th place after 9 matches btw) You would think that to be more realistic they would have to sell some of their top players really. Just a thought..not sure if its of much significance. (really im just complaining because I have to play the same damn Arsenal team that were my undoing many times last season lol)

Ok i just finished a season with Burnley, finished in 10th place on my first season, 1 place behind Arsenal who were in 9th. Arsenal haven't even obtained a european spot yet NONE of their top players are saying they want out, like Fabregas, hes not wanted by anyone and he doesnt say hes unhappy where he is. You think in real life a top player like Fabregas or Van Persie would want to move on to a team that are expected title challengers going to 9th place. It just doesn't seem realistic that Arsenal have the same team in the new season (and are in 15th place after 9 matches btw) You would think that to be more realistic they would have to sell some of their top players really. Just a thought..not sure if its of much significance. (really im just complaining because I have to play the same damn Arsenal team that were my undoing many times last season lol)

i disagree with you there quite a lot of footballers will not move after one bad season with a club. if they are struggling in the 2nd season and dont do well again, then i would suspect that a few players may become unhappy and ask to move. it also has something to do with reputation on the game i think as well and wages etc. I couldnt see fabregas or van persie moving to a team above them. btw what teams did finish above arsenal.

I couldnt see fabregas or van persie moving to a team above them.

I could however, see Fabregas or Van Persie moving abroad if the club finished as low as 9th. No Champions League football would be a massive loss for someone with his ability.

They've both stayed there 5 years without a trophy IRL (no the Emirates Cup doesn't count) so who knows? Is Wenger still there?

Yeah but the still finished high in the standings. They still are in the champions league every year.

If they were to go a few years without a title and then finish in 9th, I think you may see some players become unhappy and possibly wanting the move.

Certain players don't leave certain clubs...

Van Persie and Fabregas always stay at Arsenal on FM for me.

Just like Torres always stays at Liverpool, Drogba stays at Chelsea etc

I doubt they'd be sold anyway though after one underperforming season, they're two indispensable players to the club and if they have a few years left on their contracts I can't see a reason to sell them

Fabregas would say in real life he wanted a move if Arsenal finished in 9th place. I have no doubt about that. Thats not even a euro cup spot. With regards to Liverpool finishing 7th last season, at the very least they are in europe and there has been a large unsettling of players there like Mascherano and speculation over Torres. I just think you'd expect at least interest from the bigger clubs if a team finishes in a bad position. Id like to think if i was playing as big club and another team underachieved then id have a shot at getting their players. Anyway...just a thought.

Don't really agree with the OP, Torres and Gerrard haven't bothered about having season after season without Trophies at Liverpool and when Juventus got relegated for match fixing loads of top players like Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Chiellini all stayed, your just bitter i reckon :D

not after one season maybe 2

I could see them going fast if they finished in that place. I mean Fabergas wants to go now and they have CL football. So I think it is completely unrealstic that those players and more aren't wanting out.

But Gerrard and, more specifically, Torres staying at Liverpool does not support the argument against the OP. Both publicly took a long time to commit their futures to Liverpool after such an appalling season. Torres had admitted that he wasn't sure where his future lay. They may have chosen to stay, but in the least the game would describe them as unhappy. Not enough, necessarily, to hand in a transfer request, but unhappy nonetheless.

Yeah i agree, I think champions league football should be very dependent on a players happiness, and to think Juventus getting relegated yet keeping those stars is unrealistic to say the least, but i know what you mean about bitter :p Was hoping for Fabregas to be unhappy so Id have a chance to sign him.

It depends on the club involved as well as the players. If Spurs were to go an sign a bunch of quality players this year with the lure of CL football and then messed it up and finished 9th I suspect many of those players would want to leave.

If it happens at Arsenal or Liverpool there are two important differences. First, the team still has a decent reputation so some players will assume it's been a bit of a freak season and stay on. Second, teams like Liverpool or Arsenal can probably afford a season out of the top four, as long as it's only one, and not need to sell their stars. That means even if teams want to sign them they're still going to have to pay big money, which is often a major factor in putting teams off.

Having said that, I have seen some players move if a big team does poorly and European football is often a factor in their moves. Also, team reputation changes fairly slowly and one bad year won't have a mssive impact on a team's reputation. Two or three in a row might and if Arsenal finish outside Europe again in your second season Isuspect you'll probably see many players moving on.

It all depends on the clubs reputation. Which hardly changes over many years. So you could get say Chesterfield winning the Champions League 3 years running yet no players would want to join. Yet if Arsenal get relegated to the championship or League 1 players would still want to sign due to the lack of reputation changes.

It all depends on the clubs reputation.

I often feel there is far too much dependance on seveal areas of the game on Reputation.

Strong Finances allows clubs to 'buy success', through aquiring players that wouldn't normally consider signing for them, but not in the game, a club with a crappy rep and a tycoon can still only attract the crappy players.

Players will sign at a club to specifically work with the manager there, doesn't happen that often but it never happens in the game.

Players request to leave a club that just qualified for continental football, so they can join a team that has just been relegated. Never happens in real life, frequently happens in the game.

These are all instances in the game where Reputation limits and restricts the game.

Reputation limits on AI staff is even worse, they do not apply for jobs, they wait to be approached, that approach is determined solely by thier reputation not thier ability (CA/PA), an ex-international with limited skill will be hired long before an ex-amatuer with massive ability is.

The only question really is, can SI fix it ..... do they even want to fix it.

One bad season doesn't always hurt, but I suspect multiple bad seasons will. If Liverpool finish 7th again this season I can see Torres and Gerrard off even if new owners come in and spend money.

I don't think reputation moves "fast" enough personally - after one bad season there should be a noticeable but small drop, and after two bad seasons there should be a big drop like a double-dip recession.

i disagree with you there quite a lot of footballers will not move after one bad season with a club. if they are struggling in the 2nd season and dont do well again, then i would suspect that a few players may become unhappy and ask to move. it also has something to do with reputation on the game i think as well and wages etc. I couldnt see fabregas or van persie moving to a team above them. btw what teams did finish above arsenal.

I have to disagree with you N.F., I was manager of Liverpool for a couple of seasons and if the team wasn't challenging for first throughout the season, most of the players would get unsettled.

Archived