Yay! I've finally won something.

FM2010 hasn't been very kind to me since I bought it several months back, but I finally have a success story. After months of failing, in my fourth season with Manchester City I have won the Europa League.....

I managed to overcome a strong Lyon side 3-1 in the final, where Felix Kroos and Cristaldo were invincible.

In the same season I finished third in the Premiership (I usually finish 4th-6th), got knocked out by Man Utd in the second match in the league cup and lost quite painfully to Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

BUT I WON SOMETHING, AND MORE THAN JUST A MATCH - A WHOLE COMPETITION.....FINALLY!

Apologies I had to get that off my chest. It was a proud truimph!

Congratulations. Some people might feel this ain't much after they've won 6 CLs in a row, but I can still remember my first trophy when I came back to FM after a long break (left after CM97/98, restarted with '06), a League Cup win as Southampton. Such a good feeling :D

I want to win the world cup when having a club job at the same time. Never had a good team at the world cup, although I came 3rd with cameroon in 2010 in an old FM. I just got the Brazil job at the start of 2011/12 season so 3 years to prepare.

I know it's only the Europa League, but I've started so many leagues on FM2010 (Man Utd, Wolves, Spurs, West Ham, Bayern Munich) and I've been sacked before I could finish my first season.

So me winning the Europa League with City is on par with Fabio bringing home the World Cup in 2014 - in terms of unlikelyhood and execution.

Previous FM/CM have been far easier for me to win things, so I'll take anything I can get in FM2010. It's hard as nails! Liverpool win everything in my City save and they batter me everytime I play them, no matter what tactical approach I adopt.

I want to win the world cup when having a club job at the same time. Never had a good team at the world cup, although I came 3rd with cameroon in 2010 in an old FM. I just got the Brazil job at the start of 2011/12 season so 3 years to prepare.

I've never really cut it as an International manager in FMs/CMs either. In a CM03/04 Porto save I've won Champions League trophies, Euro Cup, Portguese Cups and the Portuguese league every one of my 18 seasons, but when I had stints as manager of Portugal and Brazil, I was rubbish. I ended up leaving the post to focus on my club role as I just couldn't score frequently with either nation.

Congratulations!

It's a great feeling isn't it?

I still remember how I felt when I won my first Champions League. I was managing Aston Villa and reached the final against Manchester City. They had the best team in the Premier League and Akinfeev was a monster in my goal. It ended 0-0 after 120 minutes and I won on the penalties shootout.

I never get tired of telling that story! ;)

Congratz on your first trophy, it is truly a great feeling getting the first one under your belt. Now as my chairman said to me after i won my first trophy at Leeds United, "Great Job lad!!!, now get out there and bring home the Premier League title". Now you have broken your duck so no theres no stopping you :)

Great stuff Olrion, and good luck in the future.

England4Ever

Congrats mate.

Love the feeling when you're winning something. Took me over 40 seasons to win a trophy on my game :p

40 seasons, blimey! By that point I would have snapped the disc in to tiny pieces. Great perseverance!

I would say well done but i saw that you won it with City so...

As a Machester United fan it hurts to lead City to glory, even in simulation, but my track record on FM2010 is poor and City (Because of their obvious spending power) were the only team I had to a chance to survive the first season with. I tend to get sacked around January or February time in other saves.

It was a glorious but kinda muted celebration, because it was City.

40 seasons, blimey! By that point I would have snapped the disc in to tiny pieces. Great perseverance!

Certainly had a few setbacks. I'm on a few days break now, as i was playing half a season, without saving, and then it crashed.

Will probably be a while before i load it up again.

But that's how i manage to keep going. Take a couple of weeks break, play other games, and then i come back.

Works very well for me, doing it that way lol

-EDIT-

Oh, and when it crashed i was undefeated of course. Will be a long time before that happens with my Groningen again :p

Congrats! I know how you feel this version hasnt been overly kind to me, it didnt help that I was split between passing my XP exams and FM and how cruel it was, knowing I was meant to study but it kept calling!! I will win a trophy with this version and I wont buy the new one til I do!

Archived