Strange retirement

Not totally unrealistic. An Ipswich player (can't remember who) retired a few months ago because he just didn't have the passion for the game anymore. Curtis Woodhouse retired years ago so he could become a boxer. So not that unrealistic really.

Not totally unrealistic. An Ipswich player (can't remember who) retired a few months ago because he just didn't have the passion for the game anymore. Curtis Woodhouse retired years ago so he could become a boxer. So not that unrealistic really.

Curtis Woodhouse came back to football and started playing for Rushen & Diamonds if I remember correctly

Not totally unrealistic. Maybe he just got bored of the game and decided to retire. Just because he's at 1 of the best teams and making loads of money doesn't mean he's not going to think "I've had enough, I'm going to retire", because it's entirely possible. Oh and you say lower league players........only lower league compared to the Premiership, as Birmingham and Ipswich were in the Championship at the time.

plus he always injured in my game brought him to my club for free got injured in training out for 5 months then came back got injured again 5 weeks out, then played one match got injured again so i let him go think he retired in my game over that...

i no you said he hasn't had any mad injurys tho!!

Agger has said himself that he doesn't like football, he doesn't watch it in his spare time, doesn't talk about it at home, he just so happens to be quite good at it. Wouldn't suprise me if one day he just turned around and said enough is enough.

But more than likely it's a bug.

Agger has said himself that he doesn't like football, he doesn't watch it in his spare time, doesn't talk about it at home, he just so happens to be quite good at it. Wouldn't suprise me if one day he just turned around and said enough is enough.

But more than likely it's a bug.

That was actually dismissed by him later on and he claimed it was a case of bad translation.

Shane Supple his name was:) he has gone back home and is doing uni their

Another reason could be that these players can't cope with pressure. Sebastian Deisler would be an example. But I agree that it looks strange and you should receive a news item explaining the reason when a player retires at a young age.

i have seen players retire at 19. probably because they are at a big club and dont want 2 play reserve football or at a lower level. i also remember on either fm08 or 09, celtic had a foreign keeper at the start of the game who wouldnt sign a permanent deal because he didnt see his future in football. cant think of his name but it wasnt boruc

For those coming up with some few examples from history to claim that this is realistic: I cannot remember a single player who retired at the age of 30 while still being on an international top level and not having injury problems.

The only names coming to my mind are Sebastian Deisler who retired due to depression (i.e. injury more or less) and Tobias Rau who retired at the age of 27 after realizing that he would at max get a job in a mediocre 2nd division side after his contract ran out.

But a player like Agger at Liverpool? No, never.

Feel free to prove me wrong :)

Though even then I'd still doubt that SI meant this kind of freak occurence to be mirrored in the game.

For those coming up with some few examples from history to claim that this is realistic: I cannot remember a single player who retired at the age of 30 while still being on an international top level and not having injury problems.

The only names coming to my mind are Sebastian Deisler who retired due to depression (i.e. injury more or less) and Tobias Rau who retired at the age of 27 after realizing that he would at max get a job in a mediocre 2nd division side after his contract ran out.

But a player like Agger at Liverpool? No, never.

Feel free to prove me wrong :)

Eric Cantona.

I also just noticed one on my game...

No injury or anything and just 27 and already retiring... Seems odd...

DanielCarvalho.png?t=1277331247

DanielCarvalho-2.png?t=1277331247

I reckon he is retiring because he is a lazy little bugger. He has been in russia for over 3700 days and hasnt even bothered to learn the language on a basic level. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy!

Archived