Playing the Same Team

This happens to me pretty regularly, I either play a team, e.g. Man City in the Premiership or a Cup and then immediately play them again in the opposite of whatever the match was previously.

Manchester City, 27-Oct-15 -> Carling Cup 4th Round

Manchester City, 30 Oct-15 -> Premiership

This happens to me pretty regularly, I either play a team, e.g. Man City in the Premiership or a Cup and then immediately play them again in the opposite of whatever the match was previously.

Manchester City, 27-Oct-15 -> Carling Cup 4th Round

Manchester City, 30 Oct-15 -> Premiership

It happens a lot to me as well, in this version and in earlier ones. I can't say it that this is a bug but it happens almost regulalry

Yeh as soon as I have a cup match or two legged game I end up playing the same team about 5 times in a row.

I think the last time was against Villa.

Something like

FA Cup

Champions League Leg 1

Premiership

Champions League Leg 2

Premiership

Yeah it happens a minimum of once per season for me, I can almost predict who I will get in a draw now, based off who I am playing either side of the match draw date.

I have often wondered if this is a weird bit of code that has been in the game for at least 2 versions, or if I am just king of coincidence.

I have just gone back to check:

This season (2016/17) Liverpool League cup followed by premiership

2015/16 West Brom League Cup followed by premiership

2015/16 Man United League Cup Final followed by FA Cup 5th round replay

2013/14 Chelsea FA cup 5th round replay followed by Premiership

2012/2013 Arsenal Premiership followed by League cup Qtr final

2012/2013 Bolton FA cup 6th rnd followed by Premiership

So not as often as I thought, it must just because I notice them more often.

Yeh as soon as I have a cup match or two legged game I end up playing the same team about 5 times in a row.

I think the last time was against Villa.

Something like

FA Cup

Champions League Leg 1

Premiership

Champions League Leg 2

Premiership

Funny you mention this...I had this with Villa against Liverpool. The first Premiership game was delayed because of the Carling Cup from January. And instead of the Champions League, it was the Europa League.

I really think this is a bug. It happens to me all the time. Whenever there is a cup draw I check my league schedule and see if the team I will be playing in the league just before or after my next cup game is still in the cup. If they are, I always draw them. A very annoying bug in my opinion. It typically happens in the later stages of the cup, like quarter final, where the chances for drawing each team is 1/7, so yes, maybe a big coincidence, but I still think it is a bug.

Archived