Game no longer stutters before disallowed goal

I always noticed on FM09 and FM10 that just before a disallowed goal is scored the game stutters for a micro second making it easy to tell that the goal is going to be ruled out.

Since patch 10.3 iv'e noticed this is gone which is good as it makes those last minute goals much more tense until you know enough time has gone by and no flag will be going up :)!

Anyone else notice this? I wonder was it deliberately removed by SI?

You can normally tell, if you listen to the crowd, when an offside goal is scored a huge boo goes around the ground if it is the home team who has a disallowed goal, before the offside is even displayed.

Assuming this would be in 10.3. I personally never noticed a stutter in any version of the game.

Sure it wasn't just your imagination? Another myth if you ask me, like the 'micro-pause' before a missed penalty. Absolute nonsense.

Must be something in my comp that caused the stutter but I can assure you it was not my imagination! I always knew when a goal would be ruled out before the commentary said so. No joke. :)

I've noticed that it runs through the whole of the goalscoring commentary a lot quicker now.

Yes I read in another thread that is an issue alright, people have been saying they are missing goals because it no longer flashes!

Not a major problem I find anyway. Maybe that issue has cleared my stuttering one!

Must be something in my comp that caused the stutter but I can assure you it was not my imagination! I always knew when a goal would be ruled out before the commentary said so. No joke. :)

I can always tell too, but thats cos I look at the linesman, if he's stood still then its offside or a foul, if he's running back to the middle then the goals good. Maybe it is/was a processing thing on your comp but it seems weird. Maybe others have seen this too.

Yes I read in another thread that is an issue alright, people have been saying they are missing goals because it no longer flashes!

Not a major problem I find anyway. Maybe that issue has cleared my stuttering one!

If you need flashing commentary to help you see a goal then you have problems IMO.

I keep an eye on the linesman, if he doesnt move its disallowed, if he starts to run towards the halfway line then its a goal, I find myself looking across at him alot

Thats interesting, hadn't noticed that myself.

With an ATi 5870, latest drivers with W7 64 bit on a new and powerful machine FM10 stutters the same,expecialy when it rains a lot, less when the vertical synch is disabled.

I hope 10.3 will lower this stutter, I still have to give 10.3 a try

I've always noticed a stutter, it's more like a delay in the flashing bar actually flashing, like half a second later than it's meant to. It's done thing on every computer I've played the game on so it must've been a bug

Yes but that would be insane if a £ 1500 pc couldn't run FM 3D, or not ?

Please guys tell me 10.3 fixed that..... otherwise I have a reason to complain and that's not my tactic this time for sure :mad:

Yes but that would be insane if a £ 1500 pc couldn't run FM 3D, or not ?

Please guys tell me 10.3 fixed that..... otherwise I have a reason to complain and that's not my tactic this time for sure :mad:

Like I said I haven't noticed it yet in 10.3 and iv'e seen a few disallowed goals already. Before 10.3 I noticed it every time a goal was ruled out.

It's not a major issue with the game anyway to be fair. It's not something that causes goals to be disallowed! Just a visual thing on the ME.

I do prefare when it doesn't happen though because it can make last minute goals very tense ;)

I am referring to a different stutter, the one I experience with my HW new configuration.

I think that stutter you are referring is 5% only compared to the stutter that FM perpetrates to 5870 + W7 64 bits + i860 + 4 GB

-

This was real. The ball would go in, and if it were a good goal, you would have the flashing and the box in the middle appear instantly. If it were going to be disallowed, it would wait a tiny bit. Haven't noticed on 10.3, mostly because I haven't had one disallowed yet.

Yep I've always noticed this stutter. Shame it's gone. Makes it that much more gut-wrenching though when a last second goal goes in and you think you're knocked out of the champions league.....and then it's disallowed. But you've had your heart attack so it doesn't matter. :p

Sure it wasn't just your imagination? Another myth if you ask me, like the 'micro-pause' before a missed penalty. Absolute nonsense.

Its not a myth... :rolleyes: And its still pretty easy to see who is gonna score or miss a penalty if you watch the match in commentary only this way.. :D

Archived