here's a break down of ny nightmare

here is my latest match

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/BristolCityvPeterborough.png

this is how i set up before kick off

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/PeterboroughUniteddefend.png

it was wokrin well to an extent, 0-0 but no shots on goal, then as you can see they had a man sent off...i'm not guna have an extra man and try and get a 0-0 sorry, not guna happen.....

i went to attacking, more expressive and direct, what am i doing wrong here?

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/PeterboroughUnitedstats.png

extra info about my team

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/PeterboroughUnitedfixs.png

season so far.....

I think the problem is that he lost...

You'll find that most teams with 10 men will look to go more defensive and hit you on the counter. In this case you've played into their hands a little by going more attacking as they will just hit you on the break.

I think the problem is that he lost...

You'll find that most teams with 10 men will look to go more defensive and hit you on the counter. In this case you've played into their hands a little by going more attacking as they will just hit you on the break.

Oh right. I didn't see the problem though, seeing as he had less shots than the team he lost to, and that's usually what people moan about.

You need to "close down" the opposition , not "stand off". By standing off/not closing down, you're giving them a lot of time and space to play the ball. and also they counter attack'ed your team. Thats the reason i can think of mate.

Who would ever think Liverpool would win the match against everton last week having a man sent off.They played almost an hour with 10 men and scored on a corner. This does happen in real life.

Good luck for the future

I would had got ball forward, pushed higher up, played wider, shorter passing, work ball into box, pump ball into box and changed the support midfielder to attack on that game. Doesn't always work, different things for different people, just just want to put as much pressure on the ten men as you can to tire them out.

Looking at your form you are either really bad tactically or have a terrible squad. I would drop the two wingers on to a support duty and the lb/rb on defend. With that team you need to hand on for dear life, drop deeper, play narrower and hope to hit the long ball on the counter and grind out enough results.

• Administrators

Going more expressive and direct probably wasn't the wisest idea, I'd imagine your players weren't up to scratch and just kept giving the ball away. Probably playing possession football, short and simple may have made a difference.

* no idea why ben amos is heading the ball

I only started playing 4-4-2 when promoted as all teams in the league play it bar arsenal!

when i was closing down my defenders went towards ball and 1 ball through set them up 1 on 1 so i though stand off may help

I personally think that if your opponent has a man sent off you should look to play a shorter passing game, more focussed on trying to keep possession.

As they have 1 less player than before it will be harder for them to win the ball back and you rae more likely to find gaps in their defence which will give you an opportunity to work the ball into the box, so if you can keep the ball and pass it around more then you should find it easier to work the ball into the box.

I personally think that if your opponent has a man sent off you should look to play a shorter passing game, more focussed on trying to keep possession.

As they have 1 less player than before it will be harder for them to win the ball back and you rae more likely to find gaps in their defence which will give you an opportunity to work the ball into the box, so if you can keep the ball and pass it around more then you should find it easier to work the ball into the box.

This post: :thup:

Archived