I've never been involved in a club takeover before, so I haven't really worried about it. However, ever since the beginning of the season, my owner at Valencia has been looking to sell; this is irritating for two reasons:

1) I just got there last March; had I known he was about to start trying to sell the team, I never would've taken the post.

2) We're eight points clear at the top of the table right now, and it's mid April; plus, we're in the Champions League semifinals and the Spanish Cup final. There's a theoretical possibility that I can still do a triple, and a takeover could suck.

After two failed takeovers from the chairman, I thought this might be done; now, however, I'm being told that a tycoon is interested in purchasing the club. Am I going to get sacked if this goes through?

Tycoon = Game ruiner.

Don't get me wrong, they are great fun to begin with. After the initial splurge though I find tycoon chairmen make the save stale.

Yeah, I came up from Switzerland where you have to make every penny count, to Valencia where I still have some debts but more money to spend (and more holes to fill); the idea of being a Chelsea/Man City/Real Madrid isn't really that appealing. I really want to spend a lot of cash once (as I've never done that on FM), but after that I may try my hand in Brazil. Maybe I'll try winning all five champions leagues on this save or something, since I've got all those leagues loaded.

So this tycoon has said he wants to give me a 66 million transfer budget and wants to invest heavily in infrastructure, which is cool. Less cool is that it's mid-May and I've got a self imposed transfer embargo to deal with, which means I'm probably going to miss out on the summer window and that my squad's not going to plugging the gaping holes we have at centerback. How long do I need to wait for the takeover to actually go through? Since I'm one point away from winning the league with three games to go, I don't know that I need boatloads of cash...but I do need players.

Liverpool just got a tycoon takeover in my game. They have been poor for about 5 years now never had any trouble with them. Now they have all debts cleared and £140mil to spend.

The Prem was a 2 horse race with me buying young and bringing them up and Man City buying everything with 2 legs. Guess i will have to put up with Liverpool doing the same thing.

Liverpool just got a tycoon takeover in my game. They have been poor for about 5 years now never had any trouble with them. Now they have all debts cleared and £140mil to spend.

The Prem was a 2 horse race with me buying young and bringing them up and Man City buying everything with 2 legs. Guess i will have to put up with Liverpool doing the same thing.

Greater Competition for you then :thup:

I got taken over recently by a consortium who took out a loan to cover the debt I was in... but the repayments mean the club now loses money even faster... Hopefully I'll get taken over again this time next year. They're never gonna name a stadium after me at this rate otherwise.

I have my local team Blyth Spartans I the premiership. They started off in the BSN, and I got them to L2 in back to back promotions, then in the 2nd season of L2 I won the title on goal difference. L1 took me two seasons to get out of after finishing 2nd. 1st season in the championship I finished 13th, and second season 3rd and promoted via playoffs! 1st season in the premierlegue was a disaster only managed 17 points and massive debt, as I was still playing in 4400 stadium as it was another two years for a 18000 stadium to be built. After relegation from the prem, my target was bounce back up to which I did this via the playoffs again! Just sneaked it 5-4 on pens. After my promotion a Slovenian tycoon has took over ad gave me 50M to get the club for a top half finish!

I have my local team Blyth Spartans I the premiership. They started off in the BSN, and I got them to L2 in back to back promotions, then in the 2nd season of L2 I won the title on goal difference. L1 took me two seasons to get out of after finishing 2nd. 1st season in the championship I finished 13th, and second season 3rd and promoted via playoffs! 1st season in the premierlegue was a disaster only managed 17 points and massive debt, as I was still playing in 4400 stadium as it was another two years for a 18000 stadium to be built. After relegation from the prem, my target was bounce back up to which I did this via the playoffs again! Just sneaked it 5-4 on pens. After my promotion a Slovenian tycoon has took over ad gave me 50M to get the club for a top half finish!

Awesome stuff, I had a Blyth game going but the bloody save corrupted. Only got them as far as BSN.

My transfer budget was announced at £122 million, plus the guy upgraded my youth facilities and my training facilities. I have no idea how to best spend this money, but right now I've mostly spent it on 16 year olds to populate my U-19 squad, get tutored, and hopefully someday inherit the team. I'm already kind of finding having tons of cash to be less fun than having a little cash and getting one or two good players, but I'll ride this out for a bit and see how it goes.

whats the name of the tycoon? :D

Archived