Stadium Expansion - Never say "Never"!

It seems to me that the Board needed just 22 days to, uhm.. assasinate the Mayor and get maybe one of our fans elected in his place? :D

Anyone had this in his saves? It's a first for me (bye-bye "new-stadium-with-my-name" dream)

neveru.jpg

Edit: Shortened the pic a bit, was huge

Nice, did you win anything in that space of time? Get promoted or win a cup?

Nah, just managed to stay up in the EPL thanks to Newcastle scoring an 85th min penalty against West Ham on the last day of the season (cost West Ham two crucial points and kept me up). I really struggled but I was expected to "fight bravely" so they are pleased with me.. for the moment!

Did you keep on asking again and again, or just once?

I ask my board every now and then but always get the reply that there isn't any space.

Just keep on asking. Someday, if you have enough money, they may build a new stadium.

How big was the stadium before the expansion?

If the game has hard-coded that you need a certain stadium size in the PL, maybe it gets expanded no matter what the council says if it's below the threshold?

Well Redditch start with a 5000 capacity, although with just 400 seats stadium. On the season that I got promoted to the PL the board announced that they will turn it to all-seated due to league regulations (which sounds just right). We moved to Ricoh Arena in the meantime and the board somehow managed to turn the terrace space into more seats so we ended up with a 7900 seats stadium.

I asked again for an expansion on May6 just for the fun of it, knowing that it can't be expanded further. Meanwhile I manage to stay up in the PL (yay) and just after the season is over they announced this - the stadium is getting an expansion.

It just looks like you won promotion in between the two messages.

Well funny thing is I didn't, was just over playing my first season in the EPL.

Maybe it was because I had an average of ~22,000 while playing in the Ricoh Arena, so the Board thought "oh well we stayed up, we're getting 22,000 people each home match, that's 14,000 more than The Valley can hold, so with 19 league games plus a few cup games at least ahead of us it sums up to 25,000,000 pounds more.. Let's just let the city council do the maths".. or something :D

I wonder what will happen next year if I manage to stay up.. let's see..

Really to nice to see your request pay off. I am in charge of parma in Serie A and keep asking for stadium expansion but the board never grant one. Parma just has around 27,000 capacity which I found it hard for me to get more transfer fund without a new stadium. The stadium is almost packed when I played at home. I am just frustrated the board just say the council won't allow and that's it.

I recalled in 08 version it took 10 years for werder bremen to expand the stadium which I cannot wait that long and went for liverpool's job.

The stadium is almost packed when I played at home. I am just frustrated the board just say the council won't allow and that's it.

I have the same problem with Djurgården in Sweden, but I guess I'll just have to keep on asking every once in a while and I might get lucky...

Bit of the same happened to me actually. Kept asking them for an expansion as we filled our new stadium, and they kept saying they saw no need. Then we got promoted to the EPL, and the stadium is now being expanded by 3,500 seats. Guess there are some requirements on size when you get into EPL then.

Bit of the same happened to me actually. Kept asking them for an expansion as we filled our new stadium, and they kept saying they saw no need. Then we got promoted to the EPL, and the stadium is now being expanded by 3,500 seats. Guess there are some requirements on size when you get into EPL then.

Yes there are definitely real-life requirements for capacity and standard of ground in the Premiership.

Archived