The renowned youth development clubs thread

im a fan of buying young players in the game and im sure a lot of other users out there are too. i have a few clubs that i regularly search each season because i know they are very good for producing good young players. for this i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where these clubs can be suggested, checked out and added to a great list that can be used as a resource, as well as discussing any young players from these good clubs, or indeed from other clubs. i will start and will endeavour to add more clubs.

[b][u]List of clubs[/u][/b]                       [b][u]Contributor[/u][/b]
ASEC
ES Tunis
Ajax Cape Town
Mamelodi Sundowns                     [b]Koki[/b]
Orlando Pirates                       [b]Koki[/b]
Sparta Rotterdam                      [b]shaunjc[/b]  
Santos                                [b]Tubey84[/b]
River Plate                           [b]Tubey84[/b]
Udinese                               [b]gunner86[/b]
Atalanta                              [b]Stampler[/b]
Lyngby                                [b]Doctor Who[/b]
Feyenoord                             [b]srinath[/b]
Osasuna                               [b]grahamf[/b]

isnt it now pretty much impossible to buy 16/17/18 year olds from brazil because of work permits? or at least i thought that was the case..

Yeah, however you can get them to sign a precontract so they join at 18.

Osasuna keep producing great youngsters on my save, don't know if its just luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First; The best regens usually come from playable leagues, so if you want top class brazilian youth after 5-6 seasons, you must have that nation ticked as playable. Top league only is normally good enough (this goes to all leagues ofc, but better pick the top 10 ranked fifa nations). Then, in all honestly, the english clubs seem to produce the best players in the world. What I have found after a while, is that around season 2015-16, half of these seem to be foreign (picked up from any of the EPL feeder teams I guess), especially spanish and french players. The clubs which has produced the best regens for me in my 3 long term games (I usually play to 2030, where the not playable nations are so bad some of the fun of the game disappears) are; ManUtd, Arsenal, ManCity, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Leeds, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter, Porto, OM, Newcastle, AS Roma.

Of the less famoused leagues, the norwegian regens and the scottish regens, seem very solid. Australia also produce good regens (altough these very often are "made" in dutch or british clubs). Brasil, Mexico USA and ARgentina have the best American regens (Cruz Azul, Santos, Newell's and Boca are those that normally should be monitored). Holland on a sidenote has a good way of picking up top class african players (often north african), mainly PSV and Ajax here. Notice as well, regens "pop" on various dates depending on the continent and nation they come from, so eg. its smart to scout south american max 16 yo players just after january before the best get taken by the top-10 european clubs.

Archived