Which clubs go bankrupt ?

West Ham on my save, in the second season(i'm in 3rd), they're are docked 9 points for going into administration(didnt pay players salary).Didn't matter though coz they finished in 12th, otherwise they're would have finished in 8th

Portsmouth were deducted 9 points in my save for going into administration.

Deportivo listed all their players to try and reduce the wage bill, making 42mil before getting relegated causing wage cuts so they should survive.

As an American, none of this surprises me really. I am not bashing anything here, but I am afraid that European clubs will soon (IRL) face the same problems that professional American sports franchises (all sports here) have faced with money--you better have an owner with deep pockets who treats the club/franchise like his hobby rather than a business because few EVER make money.

Example: I am originally from Kansas City and the professional baseball team I follow is the Kansas City Royals. Our current owner was the former CEO of Wal-Mart. He runs the team like he ran Wal-Mart; paying the players dirt cheap and barely fielding a competitive squad. As a result, he is one of three or four owners who makes money each year. He does so at the expense of us, the fans. The only other franchises that routinely make money have their own TV stations, marketing in major areas, etc.

Back to my original point, this will likely happen in Europe to soccer/football clubs; especially in smaller markets trying to compete with the Chelseas of the world. This being the case, it doesn't surprise me that the game could simulate the same phenomenon.

Example: I am originally from Kansas City and the professional baseball team I follow is the Kansas City Royals.

Have seen Liverpool and occasionally Newcastle go into administration especially if they dont get promoted quickly enough.

going a little off topic now but George Brett is my mother's 2nd cousin

As an American, none of this surprises me really. I am not bashing anything here, but I am afraid that European clubs will soon (IRL) face the same problems that professional American sports franchises (all sports here) have faced with money--you better have an owner with deep pockets who treats the club/franchise like his hobby rather than a business because few EVER make money.

Example: I am originally from Kansas City and the professional baseball team I follow is the Kansas City Royals. Our current owner was the former CEO of Wal-Mart. He runs the team like he ran Wal-Mart; paying the players dirt cheap and barely fielding a competitive squad. As a result, he is one of three or four owners who makes money each year. He does so at the expense of us, the fans. The only other franchises that routinely make money have their own TV stations, marketing in major areas, etc.

Back to my original point, this will likely happen in Europe to soccer/football clubs; especially in smaller markets trying to compete with the Chelseas of the world. This being the case, it doesn't surprise me that the game could simulate the same phenomenon.

Erm, quite. Remind us once again the nationality of the robber-barons screwing Man U and Liverpool?

Archived