Wonderkid manufacturing

Morning guys,

Can anyone tell me what is the maxium potential we can set a youth player too now? It used to be -10 (potential wonderkid) but I've changed some of the liverpool youth players to this figure in editing, after I've started up a new game there appears to be no change in their potential? Any ideas? Everything else such as deleting debt etc works but this doesn't appear to, any help would be appreciated.

Morning guys,

Can anyone tell me what is the maxium potential we can set a youth player too now? It used to be -10 (potential wonderkid) but I've changed some of the liverpool youth players to this figure in editing, after I've started up a new game there appears to be no change in their potential? Any ideas? Everything else such as deleting debt etc works but this doesn't appear to, any help would be appreciated.

How are you judging this part?

Scout reports? scouting programs? Player attributes?

Judging it by my assistants report on the player, where it compares their potential to a senior player. I changed Pachecho to -10 potential but my assistant says he doesn't have anywhere near the potential to be as good as Gerrard?

Judging it by my assistants report on the player, where it compares their potential to a senior player. I changed Pachecho to -10 potential but my assistant says he doesn't have anywhere near the potential to be as good as Gerrard?

Presuming you have changed his PA correctly and are using the edited database his PA will have changed.

Could be a number of reasons for the AM report, maybe he isn't that good at judging potential, maybe he has made a mistake, maybe as he spends more time with the player his view will alter.

I don't know the player you've mentioned but if his attributes/CA are too low to begin with he may never reach the PA you've entered.

Cheers Cougar, do you still know if entering -10 for potential in the editor gives the player the best chance of becoming a good player?

Not something I do and having a mind block.

Is the -10 possible or was -9 the best?

Yeah, -10 is still the best negative value you can give.

FMRTE is a real time editor. You can load up your FM game in it and look at stuff like CA and PA. To be certain the potentials have changed, I'd just use that.

well -10 isnt the BEST wya to insure a world class player.... setting pa to 200 would be of course

Reading through this thread I was going to say that myself, but you beat me to it.

For anyone not sure, the -10 for PA means he could have a PA of anywhere ranging between 180 and 200; it will differ from game to game.

Obviously just setting it to 200 is the best way to ensure he gets to the very top.

Reading through this thread I was going to say that myself, but you beat me to it.

For anyone not sure, the -10 for PA means he could have a PA of anywhere ranging between 180 and 200; it will differ from game to game.

Obviously just setting it to 200 is the best way to ensure he gets to the very top.

Fairly sure -10 equates to between 170-200, with -9 being between 150-180.

It's still reasonable for a coach to say a kid with PA 200 is unlikely to reach the potential of Gerrard. Only with the very optimum conditions over a good ten years (no injuries, constant top level first team exposure, perfect personality etc) will a wonderkid actually max out.

Whs. That's why a -9 kid could potentially have a PA higher than a -10 kid.

Also note that unless he has good mental attributes like high professionalism, ambition, determination and workrate, he is unlikely to fulfill his PA.

Technically, being a wonderkid isn't based on PA, it is based on CA and reputation - i think it is something like +140 Ca and over 5000 rep before they reach 21 and they could be a wonderkid. There was a thread somewhere.

I stand corrected :D

I wasn't 100% sure on the values, I just wanted to represent that a PA of 200 would give you more of a chance of the player being a superstar than a player with a PA of -10 :)

Cheers guys, some good views.

The reports from my assistant have started to improve, interestingly I didn't touch Insua's stats and he's now (after just a few months) listed as a Wonderkid - may be a good bit of intel for anyone looking for a good young LB who isn't playing as Liverpool!

Archived