Ridiculous Signings

Is it just in my game, or do teams seem to make ridiculous signings of players they do not need, players who have not played particularly well or players who are no where near worth there transfer fee.

For example in my game, Rossi went to Inter for £38 million, and hardly plays for them.

Diego was signed by Barcelona for £22m and has been there for two seasons and hasnt even played a league game for them!

Portsmouth have signed Tim Howard for £18m....

This game strives to be realistic, but this is anything but realistic I am afraid.

The current record transfer fees are Zidane, Figo and Crespo for 46m, 38m and 35m.

These are the record transfers in my game in 1.5 seasons;

Silva - 42.5mill

Guiseppe Rossi - 39mill

Dani Alves - 33.5mill

Pandev - 33mill

Lorenzo De Silvestri (who?) - 27mill

Realistic? Decide for yourselves...FM07 transfers werent even this bad...

Is it just in my game, or do teams seem to make ridiculous signings of players they do not need, players who have not played particularly well or players who are no where near worth there transfer fee.

For example in my game, Rossi went to Inter for £38 million, and hardly plays for them.

Diego was signed by Barcelona for £22m and has been there for two seasons and hasnt even played a league game for them!

Portsmouth have signed Tim Howard for £18m....

This game strives to be realistic, but this is anything but realistic I am afraid.

The current record transfer fees are Zidane, Figo and Crespo for 46m, 38m and 35m.

These are the record transfers in my game in 1.5 seasons;

Silva - 42.5mill

Guiseppe Rossi - 39mill

Dani Alves - 33.5mill

Pandev - 33mill

Lorenzo De Silvestri (who?) - 27mill

Realistic? Decide for yourselves...FM07 transfers werent even this bad...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cracka Kaka:

FM07 transfers werent even this bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats because FM07 transfers were basically non-existent.

I've just holidayed a season on FM07 and summer transfer window and winter window Liverpool never spent one penny on players, and never sold a single one.

No squad players, no cover, no youth, no future, present, nothing, nada, Zip!

In the second season they've rather hilariously set up a transfer for the end of the season:

Rigobert Song for £0.

^^^^^ - WHAT THE F**K???

Hey big spenders..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Portsmouth have signed Tim Howard for £18m.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's crazy, how the hell did they get the money

Oh yeah, and Alves is worth 20 mil in FM07

I think the problem is that there is far too much inflation at the top end of the game, which means that the range of prices you get for players goes from very very cheap to very very expensive. I don't think this is entirely unrealistic (there are plenty of players like ronaldinho and fabregas where ridiculous sums are mentioned while other good players go for much less), but i do think the feature is overpowered.

For instance, from the figures you quote, irl Diego (possubly), dani alves a figure of 40m euro was already rejected) and silva would probably all go for figures like that if someone were to forcibly buy them now. However this is also because the clubs they belong to are not in need of the cash, and don't want to let go of players on a long term contract. In contrast, if you wait till a star becomes unsettled, isn't having much game time and has a year or so left on there contact, they'll go for much less.

eg. pandev went for 30m in the first season of a game i was playing (Chelsea), was bought two years by inter for 40m after being a star at chelsea but then was sold for 10m four years later when he was getting older, was unsettled and hadn't started very many games.

Silva on the other hand, kept going from club to club (Valencia to Milan to Liverpool to Madrid) and his price kept going from 40mil, to 52mil to 67mil, by which time he was winning every world player of the year he was eligible for.

the other issue is that the amount of general inflation (rise in amount of money in the game) is a little too high, as what 30mil is worth first season is roughly what 100mil is worth 10-12 years later.

cheers,

prakimus

The FM world is well known for its lack of transfer AI. It is also well known for the stupidly high prices in the transfer market. SI has never provided an economic model that is realistic and follows the rules of logic. It is another thing that shows how broken the FM series have become.

Why don't you people do something instead of coming in these forums and make topics about things that have been discussed over and over again the last couple of years?

Giovani dos Santos from Inter to Barca 50M 2016, playing.

Cristian Colombo from Fiorentina to Chelsea 34.5M 2016, playing.

Philipp Baumgartner from Dortmund to Arsenal 30M 2015, playing

Francesc Fábregas from Arsenal to R. Madrid 57M 2014, playing

Oscar Ustari from Roma to Arsenal 48M 2014, playing

Cristiano Ronaldo from Man UTD to R. Madrid 51M 2013, playing

Karim Benzema from Olympique Lyonnais to Liverpool 44M 2013, playing

Atleast there haven't been any 30M+ transfers in my game the past few seasons for players that haven't been a first team regular on my game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

Ive got a transfer to beat all other transfers until the end of time!

icon_eek.gifTitus Bramble to Manchester United for £17.75 Million icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Manure fan, and I am utterly horrified. it seems we'll have to sack Ferguson...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lyvean:

The FM world is well known for its lack of transfer AI. It is also well known for the stupidly high prices in the transfer market. SI has never provided an economic model that is realistic and follows the rules of logic. It is another thing that shows how broken the FM series have become.

Why don't you people do something instead of coming in these forums and make topics about things that have been discussed over and over again the last couple of years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always funny when someone complains about people writing in a forum that they claim has been covered before, yet their addition to the post is giving it further credence regards the number of replies. Haha

It is also moronic that people complain about posts for goodness sake! If you don't like it don't read it!! The title of the post gives away what it is about and avoiding it is as simple as moving your hand that is holding the mouse just that extra few inches lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goofus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

icon_eek.gifTitus Bramble to Manchester United for £17.75 Million icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Manure fan, and I am utterly horrified. it seems we'll have to sack Ferguson... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as for you get out of my sight!! I hope you are someone pretending to be a United fan because if you aren't then hang your head in shame for using the Leeds fans title of choice for United.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

It's always funny when someone complains about people writing in a forum that they claim has been covered before, yet their addition to the post is giving it further credence regards the number of replies. Haha

It is also moronic that people complain about posts for goodness sake! If you don't like it don't read it!! The title of the post gives away what it is about and avoiding it is as simple as moving your hand that is holding the mouse just that extra few inches lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not complaining about the the posting. I am complaining that he doesn't do anything to make SI listen. Like NOT buying their game next year. All these years in these forums SI has proven that most of the times it doesn't listen, since so many bugs (and old bugs) have ruined the game.

Posting doesn't change anything. Action does.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Out of interest which leagues do you have running? In my experience I tended to see more 'unrealistic' transfers when I didn't have that league running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 13 nations ans 24 leagues running and i see this all the time.

I had a quick look after reading this and everything seems a bit wrong.

August 2009

Navas - Sevilla to Real Madrid 33.5m

Antonio Nocerino Bayern to Lazio 32m

Raul Garcia Athletico Madrid to AC 31m

Aaron Lennon Tottenham to Juve 30.5m

Mathieu Bodmer Lyon to Sevilla 23m

I know it is possible, but August 2009 is only 1 and a half years away and out of those massive transfers I only recognise two as very good players - Lennon and Navas. As far as I'm concerned Lennon will never be good enough for a 30m transfer though.

January 2009

Rossi Villarreal to AC 38m!!!!

Steven Taylor Newcastle to Chelsea 23.5m (?)

August 2008

Silva Valencia to Arsenal 53m

Toulalan Lyon to Madrid 45.5m

Fernando Gago Madrid to AC 31m

Pandev Lazio to Roma 30.5m

Pablo Athletico Madrid to Villarreal 23m

Keissling Leverkusen to Villa 19.75m

January 2008

Adrian Mutu Fiorentina to Chelsea 22.5m

Downing Boro to Pompey 16.5m

Joey Barton Newcastle to Man City 14.25m

These really are ridiculous.

The updated finance system seems to have totally screwed the transfer market for top divison teams - not just the cream, every team has cash to splash. There's been about another 20 10m+ transfers in each transfer window as well. None of them involving Manchester United though!

Here's last two years top 20 transfers in reality:

No. Player's Name Pos From To Fee

1. Arjen Robben (Ned) LW Chelsea (Eng) Real Madrid (Spa) £24.46m

2. Pepe (Bra) DF FC Porto (Por) Real Madrid (Spa) £20.3m

3. Wesley Sneijder (Ned) MF Ajax Amsterdam (Ned) Real Madrid (Spa) £18.28m

4. Owen Hargreaves (Eng) DM Bayern Munchen (Ger) Manchester United (Eng) £17m

5. Franck Ribery (Fra) LW Marseille (Fra) Bayern Munchen (Ger) £16.95m

6. Thierry Henry (Fra) ST Arsenal (Eng) Barcelona (Spa) £16.1m

7. Darren Bent (Eng) ST Charlton Athletic (Eng) Tottenham Hotspur (Eng) £15.5m

8. Alexandre Pato (Bra) ST Internacional (Bra) AC Milan (Ita) £14.82m

9. Diego Forlan (Uru) ST Villarreal (Spa) Atletico Madrid (Spa) £14.16m

10. Fernando Gago (Arg) MF Boca Juniors (Arg) Real Madrid (Spa) £13.72m

11. Gabriel Milito (Arg) CD Real Zaragoza (Spa) Barcelona (Spa) £13.53m

12. Simao Sabrosa (Por) WG Benfica (Por) Atletico Madrid (Spa) £13.39m

13. Ryan Babel (Ned) ST Ajax Amsterdam (Ned) Liverpool (Eng) £11.52m

14. Yakubu (Nig) ST Middlesbrough (Eng) Everton (Eng) £11.25m

15. Anatoliy Tymoschuk (Ukr) CM Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr) Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) £10.23m

16. Neri Alberto Castillo (Mex) LW Olympiacos (Gre) Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr) £10.12m

17. Eric Abidal (Fra) DF Lyon (Fra) Barcelona (Spa) £10.09m

18. Cristian Chivu (Rom) LB AS Roma (Ita) Inter Milan (Ita) £10.07m

19. David Suazo (Hon) ST Cagliari (Ita) Inter Milan (Ita) £9.47m

20. Royston Drenthe (Ned) LWB Feyenoord (Ned) Real Madrid (Spa) £8.82m

No. Player's Name Pos From To Fee

1. Andriy Shevchenko (Ukr) ST AC Milan (Ita) Chelsea (Eng) £30m

2. Mahamadou Diarra (Mali) MF Lyon (Fra) Real Madrid (Spa) £17.7m

3. Joaquin Sanchez (Spa) RW Real Betis (Spa) Valencia (Spa) £16.87m

4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Swe) ST Juventus (Ita) Inter Milan (Ita) £16.75m

5. John Obi Mikel (Nig) CM Lyn (Nor) Chelsea (Eng) £16m

6. Michael Carrick (Eng) CM Tottenham Hotspur (Eng) Manchester United (Eng) £14m

7. Sergio Aguero (Arg) ST Independiente (Arg) Atletico Madrid (Spa) £10.96m

8. Dimitar Berbatov (Bul) ST Bayer Leverkusen (Ger) Tottenham Hotspur (Eng) £10.89m

9. Obafemi Martins (Nig) ST Inter Milan (Ita) Newcastle United (Eng) £10.16m

10. Ricardo Oliveira (Bra) ST Real Betis (Spa) AC Milan (Ita) £10.12m

11. Gianluca Zambrotta (Ita) MF Juventus (Ita) Barcelona (Spa) £9.57m

12. Andrew Johnson (Eng) ST Crystal Palace (Eng) Everton (Eng) £8.6m

13. Eidur Gudjohnsen (Ice) ST Chelsea (Eng) Barcelona (Spa) £8.2m

14. Nicolas Anelka (Fra) ST Fenerbahce (Tur) Bolton Wanderers (Eng) £8m

15. Pablo Aimar (Arg) FW Valencia (Spa) Real Zaragoza (Spa) £7.51m

16. Rub Cani (Spa) MF Real Zaragoza (Spa) Villarreal (Spa) £7.43m

17. Dean Ashton (Eng) ST Norwich City (Eng) West Ham United (Eng) £7m

18. Daniel van Buyten (Bel) CD Hamburger SV (Ger) Bayern Munchen (Ger) £6.88m

19. Fatih Tekke (Tur) ST Trabzonspor (Tur) Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) £6.84m

20. Jermaine Pennant (Eng) RW Birmingham City (Eng) Liverpool (Eng) £6.7m

Remember they're for over the year, not for a single transfer window like the ones in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goofus:

I'm a Manure fan, and I am utterly horrified. it seems we'll have to sack Ferguson... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as for you get out of my sight!! I hope you are someone pretending to be a United fan because if you aren't then hang your head in shame for using the Leeds fans title of choice for United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ManUre!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

In my arsenal save game chelsea's most expensive signing of the first season was none other than adrian mutu!!!

and not only that but they paid exactly the same amount as the first time - £16.5m!!!

that would no doubt cause a riot irl!!!!

It does seem a little off but at the same time we have to consider the amount of things that would have to be taken into consideration by SI. Is it the valuation in the game that is not working?

For example, in my game -

Raul Garcia is valued at 20m

Silva - £34m

Keissling - £17m

Pandev - £24m

Downing - £10m

With these valuations it is not inconceivable that the asking price would be larger as IRL. Add to this that teams continually make money throughout the game if they don't spend big to begin with they can end up super rich and so would have a Chelsea factor with prices being bumped up.

Even when you look at the last 2 years transfers we see £30m spent on Shevchenko when Raul Garcia is twice the player and costs only £1m more in the game and is only 20. Robben costing more than Henry, Darren bent costing as much as Ribery and Forlan costing more than Simao are all ridiculous if you think about it.

2006 and Joaquin cost only 3/4 of a million more than Mikel who also cost twice as much as Zambrotta, Pennant only a bit cheaper than Ashton and Andy Johnson more than Pablo Aimar.

The game is perhaps true to form and the fact of the matter is if the teams have the money to spend then the selling team will hold out for as much as they can possibly get. Just like real life.

£24m for SWP anyone?!

It does seem a little off but at the same time we have to consider the amount of things that would have to be taken into consideration by SI. Is it the valuation in the game that is not working?

For example, in my game -

Raul Garcia is valued at 20m

Silva - £34m

Keissling - £17m

Pandev - £24m

Downing - £10m

With these valuations it is not inconceivable that the asking price would be larger as IRL. Add to this that teams continually make money throughout the game if they don't spend big to begin with they can end up super rich and so would have a Chelsea factor with prices being bumped up.

Even when you look at the last 2 years transfers we see £30m spent on Shevchenko when Raul Garcia is twice the player and costs only £1m more in the game and is only 20. Robben costing more than Henry, Darren bent costing as much as Ribery and Forlan costing more than Simao are all ridiculous if you think about it.

2006 and Joaquin cost only 3/4 of a million more than Mikel who also cost twice as much as Zambrotta, Pennant only a bit cheaper than Ashton and Andy Johnson more than Pablo Aimar.

The game is perhaps true to form and the fact of the matter is if the teams have the money to spend then the selling team will hold out for as much as they can possibly get. Just like real life.

£24m for SWP anyone?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good points there. My main issues are that totally average players go for far to much money, but maybee thats because they are totally overated in the game itself. Take rossi for instance he is about 5 times better than he should be in real life.

That's exactly it bod1035. Steven taylor is good in the game and usually moves to Man Utd but we all know he's crap and that United would never buy him.

As with average players moving for big sums of money look at Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnsen and SWP. Saha at United etc etc.

It also happens in the reverse, you can pick up Van der Vaart and Huntelaar for about £10m eacha nd they would be more expensive irl.

I think the transfer function isn't necessarily flawed but the ratings of the players are and you only need to look at Genie Scout to find out how badly it is unrealistic e.g. Rossi and Gago are rated higher than Ronaldo and Fabregas. But this is an essential part of the game as otherwise we would never have had gems like Evandro Roncatto etc. He was amazing on the game but is pure pap IRL and always has been.

That's exactly it bod1035. Steven taylor is good in the game and usually moves to Man Utd but we all know he's crap and that United would never buy him.

As with average players moving for big sums of money look at Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnsen and SWP. Saha at United etc etc.

It also happens in the reverse, you can pick up Van der Vaart and Huntelaar for about £10m eacha nd they would be more expensive irl.

I think the transfer function isn't necessarily flawed but the ratings of the players are and you only need to look at Genie Scout to find out how badly it is unrealistic e.g. Rossi and Gago are rated higher than Ronaldo and Fabregas. But this is an essential part of the game as otherwise we would never have had gems like Evandro Roncatto etc. He was amazing on the game but is pure pap IRL and always has been. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure u are right.I think alot of it has to do with how familiar you are with each player.I may spend 20 million on player x which does not bother me, even if he is crap irl but good on the game as i dont know the player , but if i had to spend 20 million on a player i knew was overated it would bug me. You cant have it both ways i suppose icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

I am sure u are right.I think alot of it has to do with how familiar you are with each player.I may spend 20 million on player x which does not bother me, even if he is crap irl but good on the game as i dont know the player , but if i had to spend 20 million on a player i knew was overated it would bug me. You cant have it both ways i suppose icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wasting your breath. SI knows this problems exists for many iterations and has done nothing to fix it or -at least- make it a little more logical.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lyvean:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

I am sure u are right.I think alot of it has to do with how familiar you are with each player.I may spend 20 million on player x which does not bother me, even if he is crap irl but good on the game as i dont know the player , but if i had to spend 20 million on a player i knew was overated it would bug me. You cant have it both ways i suppose icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wasting your breath. SI knows this problems exists for many iterations and has done nothing to fix it or -at least- make it a little more logical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If u have nothing constructive to say dont say anything at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noob21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Portsmouth have signed Tim Howard for £18m.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's crazy, how the hell did they get the money

Oh yeah, and Alves is worth 20 mil in FM07 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you'll find Pompey spent 30 million before season 2007 / 2008. Besides it may have been cash freed up from player sales

I don't see why SI should fix it. Like I said if it wasn't for the flawed rating system we wouldn't have had some of the fanatstic bargains we have had over the years. It would ruin that sense of goodness when talking to our mates about this cracking player from Peru that has abig future that noone else knows about and looking like a football guru. To emphasise this i'm going to start a gems of CM/FM past and present lol.

If u have nothing constructive to say dont say anything at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Constructive criticism means that you are hoping someone will hear it and benefit by it. SI has never benefited from almost anything you people "constructively" post (I have done the same for years). So, in reality, what you are doing can not be constructive since it brings no results. What you people are doing is over analyzing ridiculously simple mistakes to make them sound complicated, when the truth is that they are mistakes, just that, and that they need fixing. SI wants you to over analyze because this is a way of making even the most clear cut mistakes seem something else. The thing is that poor SI really has no idea what is going on in their game, and in essence has the greatest development team (us idiots) figuring out this game for them.

So, constructive would be to actually do something, like NOT buying this broken game for a change, and not talking all the time without doing anything that has benefited the game. All these contstructive posts all these years and what have you got? A game with the same bugs and mistakes every year.

You are not constructive because you have actually managed **** all these years. I have been unable to play the game I love because of all these issues (I don't mind the odd bug here and there) from October. You must understand how much I love this game in order to say all these things. It doesn't change the fact though that SI have become as broken as their game.

A den of liars and incompetent designers that can't implement even the simplest 'football things' right.

Fair enough that alot of them might be caused because the players are valued too highly, but that doesn't change the fact that there are currently about 2 or 3 times more 10m+ transfers being done in the game than in reality.

There is simply too much money for every average top tier team.

Celtic, for example, have spent a net total of 30m over the last two seasons,

Aston Villa 60m

Everton 19m

West Ham 30m

Bolton 27m

Sunderland 35m

Fulham 23m

Reading 30m

Rangers (me) 4m

Whereas:

Man Utd -3m

Arsenal 50m

Liverpool -17m

Tottenham -4m

Chelsea 60m

This is after taking off income from selling players into account.

Is this realistic?

Personally I would say my transfer dealings are the most realistic out of any of those, Arsenal would never splash out that amount of cash, as for Liverpool and Man U, don't know what's going on there?

If u have nothing constructive to say dont say anything at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Constructive criticism means that you are hoping someone will hear it and benefit by it. SI has never benefited from almost anything you people "constructively" post (I have done the same for years). So, in reality, what you are doing can not be constructive since it brings no results. What you people are doing is over analyzing ridiculously simple mistakes to make them sound complicated, when the truth is that they are mistakes, just that, and that they need fixing. SI wants you to over analyze because this is a way of making even the most clear cut mistakes seem something else. The thing is that poor SI really has no idea what is going on in their game, and in essence has the greatest development team (us idiots) figuring out this game for them.

So, constructive would be to actually do something, like NOT buying this broken game for a change, and not talking all the time without doing anything that has benefited the game. All these contstructive posts all these years and what have you got? A game with the same bugs and mistakes every year.

You are not constructive because you have actually managed **** all these years. I have been unable to play the game I love because of all these issues (I don't mind the odd bug here and there) from October. You must understand how much I love this game in order to say all these things. It doesn't change the fact though that SI have become as broken as their game.

A den of liars and incompetent designers that can't implement even the simplest 'football things' right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have your opinions and i have mine. While i accept there a bugs in the game i personally have not come across one that stops my enjoyment of the game or makes it unplayable. i am not for one moment saying there are no major bugs that have stoppeed other poeple playing just that i have not come across these myself, but you interupting a constuctive debate to tell me not to buy the game on your experiences is plain ignorent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exacerbating:

Fair enough that alot of them might be caused because the players are valued too highly, but that doesn't change the fact that there are currently about 2 or 3 times more 10m+ transfers being done in the game than in reality.

There is simply too much money for every average top tier team.

Celtic, for example, have spent a net total of 30m over the last two seasons,

Aston Villa 60m

Everton 19m

West Ham 30m

Bolton 27m

Sunderland 35m

Fulham 23m

Reading 30m

Rangers (me) 4m

Whereas:

Man Utd -3m

Arsenal 50m

Liverpool -17m

Tottenham -4m

Chelsea 60m

This is after taking off income from selling players into account.

Is this realistic?

Personally I would say my transfer dealings are the most realistic out of any of those, Arsenal would never splash out that amount of cash, as for Liverpool and Man U, don't know what's going on there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say that was accurate.

IRL (This Season):

Fulham - £20Mill +

Sunderland - £20Mill +

West Ham - £20Mill +

Liverpool - £40Mill +

Man City - £20Mill +

Man Utd - £50Mill +

Newcastle - £20Mill +

Pompey - £20Mill +

Spurs - £30Mill +

So all-in-all it's not really that much different icon_confused.gif

Well firstly, you're not offsetting transfer income. Fulham received around 10m, West Ham 15m+, Liverpool 10m+, Pompey 10m+, added to the fact this is the first time Fulham have invested in a few years, Man City have just had a takeover and Sunderland have just been promoted which sparked a need for investment.

In the in-game ones I showed I was taking away the transfer income.

Secondly, those figures would be added to the in game transfers, as they're effectively transfers occuring in the transfer window at the start of the game.

Thirdly, this season in real life was the odd one out in terms of spending, there was alot more spending than in previous seasons.

Nuri Sahin (Dortmund to Celta), £36 million

Anderson (Roma to Barcelona), £55 million

The former is bizarre to me. Sahin at this stage is playing 4 points off his potential ability (166).

The latter is amusing because Anderson isn't starting for Barcelona. Barcelona have spent a lot of money in my game these past few years - their balance is down to £101 million, although the club are still (just) worth over £400 million.

Ronaldinho is upset in my game, too, yet my scout thinks I'll be able to sign him for £40-50 million. And he's 31 now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

Re: Sahin

Don't ask me where Celta got the cash from. They did finish 4th in La Liga once and did handsomely in the UEFA Cup, but I have no idea where a transfer budget of £36 million comes from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check their transfers, maybee they sold one of their players for a packet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

Re: Sahin

Don't ask me where Celta got the cash from. They did finish 4th in La Liga once and did handsomely in the UEFA Cup, but I have no idea where a transfer budget of £36 million comes from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check their transfers, maybee they sold one of their players for a packet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't have the game at the moment, but I doubt it. If it was a big transfer it would've hit me immediately.

I suppose I wouldn't discount them selling lots of players to finance this deal, but 4-5 players for Nuri Sahin? Makes no sense, really.

In my Sheff Utd game, only in my second season and just finished the January transfer window.

Inter Milan bought 2 players -

Goran Pandev - £52 Million and

David Silva - £52 Million

Thats not to mention Arsenal spending 30+ million on Aaron Lennon and Guardado in summer 08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dr_dre:

And as for you get out of my sight!! I hope you are someone pretending to be a United fan because if you aren't then hang your head in shame for using the Leeds fans title of choice for United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ManUre!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no im just rubbing it in to Leeds. they call us manure and where the hell are they now?

no one don't that is what everyone else calls you. you are just know as scum by leeds fans.

I think the transfer problems are well known and hopefully it will be one of the many issues that need sorting in the next patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommo_Got_Booted!:

Arsenal just paid £30million of S. Frey quite a bit for a keeper! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They bought Oscar Ustari for 48M in my game. Considering he has played a total of 430 games and let in 395 goals, I think it could have been money well spent. He has played 121 games for Arsenal and let in 130 goals and is making it possible to win even at times when scoring is abit off.

Archived