FM2010 Own Goal Issues?

Right,

I have just finished a friendly and it had 2 RIDICULOUS! own goals in it. I would post the save and/or goals here, but laptop not connected to the internet.

Anyway Ill try to describe them

1. My player takes a penalty, it hits the upright, then the keeper before ending in to the back of the net. Classified as an own goal?

2.My player "dribbles" with the ball on our goal line (had full control), before shooting it very hard in to the back of our own net??? No one blocked his shot and there was tons of space to clear it forward.

Wondering if anyone else noticed something similar? Other than this I have not seen many issues (besides interface related) but it kinda put me off.

Well won the friendly cup but i had to look back at the 2nd own goal 4 times before i could believe it!

Noticed another issue: Not all goalscorers are being shown on the Player Stat screen (of the friendly league) in fact, it only showed all of my goalscores plus one other, missing over 9 goals in total!

I've had Arshavin score an own goal by doing something similar to number 2. Opposition took a corner it fell to Arshavin who dribbled it across my goal mouth and into the net losing meaning we lost 2-1 to Fiorentina in the Champions League qualifier home leg, thankfully we had won 2-0 in Italy so I wasnt too bothered, but it was enough to get me to call him a few choice words.

I played 4 league games last night, all four i went in at half time with a 2-0 lead, gave a 'pleased' team talk and went on to lose every one 3-2...

W.T.F.?

Did you adjust your tactics to protect your lead after it happened the first time?

We dont need the WTF either please.

Did you adjust your tactics to protect your lead after it happened the first time?

We dont need the WTF either please.

No, why would I? They were playing very well, I had the 'tactic overview' or whatever it's called to Control the whole time anyway!

And at least i didn't spell out WTF, it could have meant Where's The Funds, given i have a Premiership transfer budget of £2m! ;)

After throwing away a 2-0 lead in the first match a manager would learn and change tactics at half time in the second match and approach the team talk differently knowing his team threw away the lead in the last match. If you just let it coast 3 times in a row then you are to blame, not the game.

Haven't had that yet. Just had one of my wingers burst down the wing before blasting it at goal towards the near post, keeper got a touch on it but it wasn't enough so it still went itn, FM classified it as an own goal. That's the only thing I've been a bit confused about.

Haven't had that yet. Just had one of my wingers burst down the wing before blasting it at goal towards the near post, keeper got a touch on it but it wasn't enough so it still went itn, FM classified it as an own goal. That's the only thing I've been a bit confused about.

It's probably the same issue. The keeper gets a hand to the ball but it still goes in and so FM10 classifies it as own goal, that's what I experienced, too. Cannot recall to have seen that in FM09 a lot.

i played a friendly with stafford rangers in the BSN against some team i cant remember we lost 3-2 and there were 3 own goals lol the best one was by my keeper who came rushing out for a floated cross, with no one around him he palms it straight into the back of his own net lol

This could be a bug? but more likely the standard of the football that was being played lol

Archived