Why wasn't this game abandoned?

Its a known bug that happens sometimes in the game, you are lucky as my missus played as Arsenal and had no players from her first team at all to field. It mostly happens around March time, there is nothing you can do about it really.

Happened to me, although it was a lot longer in the game about 2019 period, had a tricky away game against Villarreal whom which I normally struggle against and had to park the bus infront of the goal and managed to produce a phenomenal 3-3 draw.

Hopefully we have a wider range of options when it comes to actual international games and not just the friendly games, if a player has a slight knock and you want him to play your next league game, would be nice to have the option to talk to the international manager and ask him to leave him out.

Hopefully we have a wider range of options when it comes to actual international games and not just the friendly games, if a player has a slight knock and you want him to play your next league game, would be nice to have the option to talk to the international manager and ask him to leave him out.

Doesn't happen IRL, so it probably won't happen in the game. There used be a situation where managers would try and scam the national FA about a player's injury, and the player would suddenly have a miraculous recovery the day after the international match. That is why the major FAs now insist on having their own doctors give the once over on any player a club says have developed a minor injury when squad selection time arrives.

What the game could do is for managers to try and persuade a player that he shouldn't play international football any more, because of age, long-term fitness worries, etc. but make it hard for the player to be persuaded (maybe even bringing in a "country love" stat for the player). They should also bring back the old postone game because of internationals button, it might not have been realistic but it would solve this problem instantly.

In my latest save with Celtic in about 2020 one of my league games got postponed due to it allegedly clashing with international fixtures. The problem was though that the game was supposed to be played at the weekend, when there were no international matches and all other league games got played. The new date for the game was two days later, where it actually clashed with the international fixtures and I ended up playing without most of my first team.

Archived