Please, repair the injury problem in FM 2010

I know that injury can happen in a game. That's ok. I don't have no problem with that.

But to get 8 players injuried in a game???? I ended the game with 9 players, because I couldn't substitute more than 3 injuried players. Two players came in as a substitute for two injuried, and they get a complete injuried after 7' and 25' minutes of game. Haloooooo?

Is this REALISTIC???

I play 9.3.0 update. I made no changes on editor. It's my second season, the same training for 15 months.

I hold the record for most players injured in a game (six with the full red cross in white box injury, rather than the green type) and I suspect you can't lose eight players with that kind of injury otherwise you wouldn't be able to finish the match.

In about 20 seasons of the current FM this has happened to me once - a freak match for sure, but still realistic I'd say.

I understand that, but I don't understand that a player substitute a red injured, and get in 7' minutes red injured, and the second one get after 20. I complete the game with 8 injuries, 5 red, and 3 on green with condition: 44, 65 and 50. After the match: 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and 12 days. But I don't understand how is it real to get all this in just a match? And the opponent played fair. no red card. And they got just a player green injuried

I understand that, but I don't understand that a player substitute a red injured, and get in 7' minutes red injured, and the second one get after 20. I complete the game with 8 injuries, 5 red, and 3 on green with condition: 44, 65 and 50. After the match: 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and 12 days. But I don't understand how is it real to get all this in just a match? And the opponent played fair. no red card. And they got just a player green injuried

The green ones are only knocks and don't always require subs.

That said SI did say they wanted to look at any pkms where people had 5 or more red crosses a little while ago so it may be worth uploading that game for them to look at.

what he said :thup:

What he said he said.

I've got G. Rossi out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle, quite realistic really, and if anything I seem not to see anything more than the odd week long niggle.

It's actually causing me problems with squad rotation as I barely need to change my starting eleven unless deliberately selecting a weak team for pointless games.

I get a lot of injuries but they are the type that leaves a player out for a week or so. I'd say on average I have 2 injuries per player per season (and I have a lot of players!), for 90% of them nothing serious, for the other 10% perhaps they will miss a month. I find it perfectly realistic, after all perhaps around 5 players in the whole premier league play every game in a season.

Did they start off with low fitness or are you training really hard?

Ive never seen that amount of injuries in any game but I do think its a weakness in the engine if the above is true.

Currently, the players are injuried partly because the game wants to make the injury table more realistic.

I'm not even sure what to make of that :confused:

Are you suggesting SI should make injuries unrealistic?

Surely if the injury tables are similar to RL then they are doing a good job.

I know that injury can happen in a game. That's ok. I don't have no problem with that.

But to get 8 players injuried in a game???? I ended the game with 9 players, because I couldn't substitute more than 3 injuried players. .

Are you training them too hard?

I am training them very well. TUG 09, and the first season was ok. I understand when somebody gets a injuried, ok. But from no where, they got 8 injuries in a single match ???

There is something wrong. And they have ALWAYS minimum 94% condition. I don't let them play under 90%. And, when he gets 80-75% he gets substitute

I've actually been wondering about how few serious injuries I've been having in the game so far. 15-20 seasons in different clubs and only had one injury over 5 months so far. In my current save there's only two players that are expected to be out for more than 2 months in the Bundesliga. I'm thinking that especially the more serious knee injuries are much more common in real life than in the game currently. For example here is the current injury table for Bundesliga in our current online game:

th_injury_table.jpg

As you can see, there isn't a single ACL Knee injury or anything like that. One broken leg, a couple of muscle injuries that take a while to heal and my hip injury ( :( ). The amount of injuries seems to be spot on, but I'm thinking the game is probably very lenient with the durations currently.

Here's the current English Premier League injury table for comparison, quite a few knee injuries etc. there: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

There's also quite a few players in my first team that have never really been injured.. like this guy (90 minutes in every league game for three and a half seasons):

th_andersen_injuries.jpg

... not to mention my 29 year old goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano with a completely empty injury history page. Actually now that I think about it, goalkeepers almost never seem to get injured in a match, I don't think I've ever had to substitute one at least.

Of course, I haven't done any extensive testing or anything, just observations I've made during the gameplay.. I haven't had any massive injury amounts during games either.. most I ever had was three forced subs + a knock I think.

These pics don't show the match that you had 8 injury's....
I never had a match like that, just wanted to share my view on injuries in the game, perhaps a bit out of place in this thread but oh well. ;)

Archived